Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They should just offer an own game, full pricing and one little Server and many shop-items. Should give them much money for low resources. They should milk this classic-tbc server crowd to the last drop
    In Schwarzwald I roam with a bottle in my pack
    Hunting for hunters 'till the night falls black
    Creep into my flask - see how much you can drink
    A night out with me you're way too pissed to think

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post

Tom Chilton is still the guy in charge of WoW like he was back in 2004 no matter how much you try to paint Bobby Kotick satan. Think about that.
    silly fixx. kotick owns the shares. who is boss?

in fixx world i know moral authority and forum righteousness trumps legal ownership. chilton mega macho man, kotick cowed suit-person hiding behind desk. Chilton say 'no more nerf arrrrg'. kotick run scairt, leave his target market behind and vulnerable.

also please dont be 'ignert'. Kotick makes more money from his bad decisions in a week than you and I likely make in a lifetime.

also, please no more silly person anti-money rabble yabble. I admire bobby kotick even if I hate what wow has become. maybe this is too complicated for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Too bad you're wrong. Even hiring five GM's to answer to the vanilla tickets specifically (remember you need to train people to watch over totally different game than the MoP version is) for 24/7 customer support would cost more than 1000 subscribers bring in annually.
    claim is gm costs blizzard net move than 350k/year? more math pls mr fxx.

Infracted
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-04-28 at 09:13 AM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, John Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Agatha Christie, Steven Erikson & Ian Esslemont, Stephen R Donaldon, and recently Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    silly fixx. kotick owns the shares. who is boss?
    You really should take some business 101 class one day before posting more. A good CEO like Kotick knows to keep his hands off the golden goose. A bad CEO like Kotick in your fantasy world who tries to force bad decisions on the golden goose would be kicked out by the board of directors in about three minutes flat. He would retain the shares and have a vote, but since he's not the majority owner he can not dictate anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    claim is gm costs blizzard net move than 350k/year? more math pls mr fxx.
    1000 people times 12 months times $15 is $180k, and maybe 1/3 or $60k of it net profit. Now how many GMs you are going to hire for that money? Maybe three at best if they come with 20k annual salary but I doubt it.
    Last edited by fixx; 2014-04-28 at 07:30 AM.

I'd like them to be non-existent. That's exactly how I'd like them to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

A big question I have is why do so many people not only not want to play a Classic server (which is of course fine by me), but also don't want anyone who does to get to play one? The same people who so often respond to complaints about optional features being added with "If you don't like it don't play it"?

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    A big question I have is why do so many people not only not want to play a Classic server (which is of course fine by me), but also don't want anyone who does to get to play one?
    I wouldn't mind anyone playing one if it doesn't take manpower away from the normal game... but we know that is going to happen.

Private server
    go to TPB look up vanilla client, install it
    google feenix
    register
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I wouldn't mind anyone playing one if it doesn't take manpower away from the normal game... but we know that is going to happen.
    Do you think that developing a Vanilla server is going to somehow make a noticeable impact on the quality of current retail WoW? Do you think Activison/Blizzard is some hokey company who can only afford to choose between the two? Blizzard makes millions every month from subs alone, they've got money coming out of their ears and they would never have any time finding developers.

The problem with Blizzard these days isn't laziness, its a completely scrooge like attitude towards developments. Hell Blizzard is going to give its players 12 months without any new content during which they will be paying full subs, funding the development of an expansion they'll then pay full price for. Blizzard aren't even going to throw together a pre-launch event for WOD. Hell they've been dragging their feet over re-implementing night times for months! My point is that Blizzard's execs aren't going to fund the development of Classic servers even though plenty of people want them because its not a sure-fire way to bleed some more money from their players.

The problem with Blizzard these days isn't laziness, its a completely scrooge like attitude towards developments.
    Oh noes, a multi-billion dollar company wants maximum profit! Please say it isn't so!
    My point is that Blizzard's execs aren't going to fund the development of Classic servers even though plenty of people want them because its not a sure-fire way to bleed some more money from their players.
    They see more benefit investing in the future than the past. /mindblown
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-04-28 at 08:39 AM.

Nonexistent.

Oh noes, a multi-billion dollar company wants maximum profit! Please say it isn't so!

They see more benefit investing in the future than the past. /mindblown
    Fine, defend a shitty company treating you with complete contempt. Blizzard used to be a company that cared about their players and making good games, if you can defend 12 months of no content followed by a full price expansion then please go ahead.

Anyway, you ignored my point that Blizzard could totally afford to develop a classic server if they wanted to without affecting their main game in any real way, but they don't out of pride and out of not wanting to take any risks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Nonexistent.
    Again, why?

Fine, defend a shitty company treating you with complete contempt.
    I'm not defending them. I am currently unsubbed because I am unhappy about the state of the game atm. I'm just giving you the cold hard facts of business. You're the one living in a dream world and expect they'd cater to you out of sheer goodwill.

And i've never understood this obsession of wanting to stay stagnant in the past. Perhaps you should stick to single player games and disable content updates if they have any.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-04-28 at 08:55 AM.

I'm not defending them. I am currently unsubbed because I am unhappy about the state of the game atm. I'm just giving you the cold hard facts of business. You're the one living in a dream world and expect they'd cater to you out of sheer goodwill.

And i've never understood this obsession of wanting to stay stagnant in the past. Perhaps you should stick to single player games and disable content updates if they have any.
    You don't need to understand it, all I wanted to know was why do you want to stop being who do want to play Classic servers from having access to them?

I can see why Blizzard doesn't make them, but if they did I'd probably play one at Vanilla and one at TBC levels, at least for a bit to see what it was really like back then.

Ideally the server would be an exact replica of a Vanilla/TBC server. Possibly with the option of skipping to max level though.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with Blizzard these days isn't laziness, its a completely scrooge like attitude towards developments.
    Yeah and when they make something that only a subset of the community enjoys, eg pet battles, what do they get? Threads full of people bitching and moaning about "wasting" resources on that instead of yet another goddamn raid boss.

I think they're right in their assessment of how many people would benefit from old content servers vs. the expense, resource drain and hassle of running them. That is, not many and significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    Available on Xbox and Playstation.
    This is the single and only thing that would interest me enough to play classic a server, as long as it updated over time and introduced the expacs etc.. as time went on.

You don't need to understand it, all I wanted to know was why do you want to stop being who do want to play Classic servers from having access to them?
    And I just gave you the reasons. You just don't accept them because you have a delusion they can do it with bare minimal effort.

This is the single and only thing that would interest me enough to play classic a server, as long as it updated over time and introduced the expacs etc.. as time went on.
    Why do you want to play all that all over again?

I guess the only interessting question would be: Which patch version of classic? But the idea itself is stupid.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    I guess the only interessting question would be: Which patch version of classic?
    The one with the most bugs. #nostalgia

I would rather all development time went in to new content, not wasted on old content.

Mechagnome
    Having servers just freeze once you hit a certain patch sounds weird. I think it would be better if you start where you'd like, and when the expansions you chose is over you move up to the next one, and when you've done MOP you get stat, level, and... content squished? back to vanilla. Kind of like prestige in call of duty.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!