Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Private server
    go to TPB look up vanilla client, install it
    google feenix
    register
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I wouldn't mind anyone playing one if it doesn't take manpower away from the normal game... but we know that is going to happen.
    Do you think that developing a Vanilla server is going to somehow make a noticeable impact on the quality of current retail WoW? Do you think Activison/Blizzard is some hokey company who can only afford to choose between the two? Blizzard makes millions every month from subs alone, they've got money coming out of their ears and they would never have any time finding developers.

The problem with Blizzard these days isn't laziness, its a completely scrooge like attitude towards developments. Hell Blizzard is going to give its players 12 months without any new content during which they will be paying full subs, funding the development of an expansion they'll then pay full price for. Blizzard aren't even going to throw together a pre-launch event for WOD. Hell they've been dragging their feet over re-implementing night times for months! My point is that Blizzard's execs aren't going to fund the development of Classic servers even though plenty of people want them because its not a sure-fire way to bleed some more money from their players.

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    The problem with Blizzard these days isn't laziness, its a completely scrooge like attitude towards developments.
    Oh noes, a multi-billion dollar company wants maximum profit! Please say it isn't so!
    My point is that Blizzard's execs aren't going to fund the development of Classic servers even though plenty of people want them because its not a sure-fire way to bleed some more money from their players.
    They see more benefit investing in the future than the past. /mindblown
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-04-28 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nonexistent.

Deleted
    Oh noes, a multi-billion dollar company wants maximum profit! Please say it isn't so!

They see more benefit investing in the future than the past. /mindblown
    Fine, defend a shitty company treating you with complete contempt. Blizzard used to be a company that cared about their players and making good games, if you can defend 12 months of no content followed by a full price expansion then please go ahead.

Anyway, you ignored my point that Blizzard could totally afford to develop a classic server if they wanted to without affecting their main game in any real way, but they don't out of pride and out of not wanting to take any risks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Nonexistent.
    Again, why?

Fine, defend a shitty company treating you with complete contempt.
    I'm not defending them. I am currently unsubbed because I am unhappy about the state of the game atm. I'm just giving you the cold hard facts of business. You're the one living in a dream world and expect they'd cater to you out of sheer goodwill.

And i've never understood this obsession of wanting to stay stagnant in the past. Perhaps you should stick to single player games and disable content updates if they have any.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-04-28 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not defending them. I am currently unsubbed because I am unhappy about the state of the game atm. I'm just giving you the cold hard facts of business. You're the one living in a dream world and expect they'd cater to you out of sheer goodwill.

And i've never understood this obsession of wanting to stay stagnant in the past. Perhaps you should stick to single player games and disable content updates if they have any.
    You don't need to understand it, all I wanted to know was why do you want to stop being who do want to play Classic servers from having access to them?

I can see why Blizzard doesn't make them, but if they did I'd probably play one at Vanilla and one at TBC levels, at least for a bit to see what it was really like back then.

Ideally the server would be an exact replica of a Vanilla/TBC server. Possibly with the option of skipping to max level though.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with Blizzard these days isn't laziness, its a completely scrooge like attitude towards developments.
    Yeah and when they make something that only a subset of the community enjoys, eg pet battles, what do they get? Threads full of people bitching and moaning about "wasting" resources on that instead of yet another goddamn raid boss.

I think they're right in their assessment of how many people would benefit from old content servers vs. the expense, resource drain and hassle of running them. That is, not many and significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    Available on Xbox and Playstation.
    This is the single and only thing that would interest me enough to play classic a server, as long as it updated over time and introduced the expacs etc.. as time went on.

You don't need to understand it, all I wanted to know was why do you want to stop being who do want to play Classic servers from having access to them?
    And I just gave you the reasons. You just don't accept them because you have a delusion they can do it with bare minimal effort.

This is the single and only thing that would interest me enough to play classic a server, as long as it updated over time and introduced the expacs etc.. as time went on.
    Why do you want to play all that all over again?

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess the only interessting question would be: Which patch version of classic? But the idea itself is stupid.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    I guess the only interessting question would be: Which patch version of classic?
    The one with the most bugs. #nostalgia

I would rather all development time went in to new content, not wasted on old content.

Having servers just freeze once you hit a certain patch sounds weird. I think it would be better if you start where you'd like, and when the expansions you chose is over you move up to the next one, and when you've done MOP you get stat, level, and... content squished? back to vanilla. Kind of like prestige in call of duty.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    Having servers just freeze once you hit a certain patch sounds weird. I think it would be better if you start where you'd like, and when the expansions you chose is over you move up to the next one, and when you've done MOP you get stat, level, and... content squished? back to vanilla. Kind of like prestige in call of duty.
    That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. An endless cycle playing the same thing over and over again. Jebus. The game's good (or was) but not that good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    There could be an expansion for each server, and you can have a free transfer to the next expansion up at any time.

I just want to say that I personally would instantly resub if Blizzard released classic servers.