Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    When i put in the Last Mohicans ost...we always lose everything ... and thats the most epic song ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    you get alot better playing with communication than with music
    You can have both on at the same time. Just don't have your music louder than your partners.

Music can be distracting while trying to communicate. Also skype keeps f...cking changing the volume for the rest of the applications

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primedouche View Post
    Music can be distracting while trying to communicate. Also skype keeps f...cking changing the volume for the rest of the applications
    this is a windows feature, go onto control panel > sound > communications and click the one that says "do nothing".

On-topic: I don't really listen to music very much as I often can find it hard to concentrate, however I will sometimes listen to music during lfr, battlegrounds or questing/grinding. Never during guilds raids though.
    Last edited by mmoc383018dc8a; 2014-04-27 at 01:38 PM.

Not very efficient versus rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Yeah, it sort of pumps you up a bit. I usually listen to Metal, but as long as it's decent or silly enough to be awesome it'll do the same job.

I ended up winning a 10minute long arena match after it went to 2v1 - me vs a healer/DPS - 'til this day I still believe was because my friend put on "Numb Encore - Linkin Park" as take-piss (haven't listened to them in a long time).

Also this, without the being a drummer part:
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Fast paced Metal.

Being a drummer I use the rhythm to keep in time with GCD's.

I don't think music makes me play better, but it does make me play more aggressively and take stupid risks.

My favorite rage inducing tunes are, in order:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGuNsiSZ9RI&feature=kp
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiVMmAk45oY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85mRPqvMbE

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i need to hear game sound effects to know whats going on, so no, i dont play with music.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Yes, but only with my main who'm i kinda play subconsciously. Music makes me stop (over)thinking and just act and react to what i see.

With classes i haven't mastered it distract's me too much because i have to concentrate more.

Smoke a few bowls and crank up the ELO or Phil Collins and I'm one Frost Mage you don't wanna mess with.
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Music keeps me chill during PvP.

I am a Rager. I admit it. I do not yell at my team mates or at randoms a like a douchenozzle but when i get angry - truly angry? Shit gets broken. I cannot even recall how many mouses have gone sailing across the room at mach speed to explode in a corner somewhere. Or how many keyboards i have snapped in two.

However, when i'm playing without coms and just listening to music i'm SO much more mellow. Nothing really gets under my skin.

It is especially amusing to those who know me because of the type of music i listen too. I am, and always will be a metal head. The darker, faster, and more brutal the better. People think my music means i must skin kittens or something, but it actually soothes me.

I wouldn't say its helps or hurts my ability to play but i pretty much have music on if im home always. . . calms me down and i would say it helps me focus on the tasks at hand rather then my thoughts floating to other things . . .kinda hard to play efficiently when im thinking about work,school or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Ahh that now makes sense, that's why you implied I was a douche earlier for not liking nubstep.

I'm going to call up the minister for the department of work later, alert him into my findings of loud music improving focus. How stupid has everyone been to have to work without headsets and music on when it improves focus. Hell I reckon if I had a subwoofer underneath my desk and maybe two speakers either side of my head, I'd be able to get through triple the workload.

This should apply to all things.

Chess tournaments should have dirty bass lines roaring out to help the players focus.

Snooker players should be allowed dubstep to be echoed through the hall to help them focus.

It's all clear to me now.
    Man, you're a bitter lil dude aren't ya. I've watched streams and lots of high level arena players always have something playing, even sometimes where the audience cant hear it. Everyone's brain operates differently and your little examples are just nonsense.

Tone down the sarcasm, it just makes you look spiteful that people could possibly not line up with your preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Man, you're a bitter lil dude aren't ya. I've watched streams and lots of high level arena players always have something playing, even sometimes where the audience cant hear it. Everyone's brain operates differently and your little examples are just nonsense.

Tone down the sarcasm, it just makes you look spiteful that people could possibly not line up with your preferences.
    Calm it kermit, it was just a joke!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jokes are forbidden.

Fun is forbidden.

OBEY!

*/Starwars 'March of the Empire' theme music*