Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry What I want done with wow which isnt coming in warlords

+ Flagpoles, pvp objectives in almost every zone like it was in the burning crusade outland, have not heard word on any pvp objectives in the open world outside the sandbox Zone Ashran which we still know little about after all this time.

Towers, flags to capture for your faction the faction that owns the majority gets a passive buff plus it would be nice to see this reflected in the way of say a host of guard patrols appear in certain areas for the faction that owns the objective making it more dangerous for the opposing faction to level and travel the roads.

+Rewards, incentives for participating in said world pvp objectives, gear, recipes , mounts, vanity items and gold for doing daily quests associated, take the towers+ kill players, guards, gather resources, ect.

More ways to obtain gold in general besides farming and proffessions. I hate proffessions and they usually are easier to maintain when you do raids i find them tedious and boring but so is farming for gold. Often needed stuff for proffs comes from raiding something I dont do.

The many dailies in wow award crap gold for your time and are boring with 95 % of them having to do with building reputations you need to unlock PVE content or gear which doesnt benefit me in anyway.

You should obtain gold from winning Arenas and rated battlegrounds and for taking pvp world objectives even when not doing pvp dailies an instant awarded stipend of 5 gold per kill and 100 gold per flag pole, repeatable quests to kill guards and gather resources and be rewarded with decent gold.

*bounty system idea* Kill certain elites every day or players in certain areas and be rewarded.

+More battlegrounds. The amount of battleground maps and types are pathetic for the number of years wow has been active and how much Blizzard has reaped from it. Pve gets all the attention.

+More Arenas too i guess we can only expect 1 or 2 maps an expansion which is lame. IDC if they are reskins of Nagrand for balance reasons.

++ Talent Overhaul. The current talent system is just too simple and doesnt offer enough customization for character playstyle. There should be 6 more Tiers than there are with maybe 4 choices up from 3 per tier mostly passives which effect each spec differently even if your a ROGUE.

+Removal/Replacement of the ability Vendetta.

+ Lastly cool looking gear sets. So far the greens we have seen for warlords as usual look like crap and Im sure the dungeon and pvp sets will too just like they have been for years now. Compare TBC gear and some Wrath gear to how gear looks now.

Recently in wow gear looks flat, colorless, dull and lacks flashy features that should be on it to make us look and feel cool.

Blizzard isnt doing any of this, the only exciting aspect of warlords is returning to Outland back in time during leveling. I usually play 1 character and I dont raid so , so far the expansion looks bleak other than the button bloat removal effort. Why pay 15 a month + 50 dollars just for that?

It looks like more and less of the same thing we have been seeing. More run of the mill raids. Less content than TBC/Wrath/Vanilla for more money.

Been waiting for world pvp objectives in every zone for 10 years. There should be one in almost every single zone not 5. You should even get gold at this point for killing players and more honor definitively by now multiplied if the person you kill is a higher level than you or for defending low level zones from marked players that are preying on lowbies.

Dull crappy looking gear that will need transmorgrifaction asap with old sets and this time they arent even overhauling the talent system out of laziness.

AM I really suppose to jump for joy over new character models? seriously i will never see my character you have to zoom out for effective gameplay and his back will always be to me and h will still look generic , very much like every other undead rogue around me i see.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-05-02 at 04:24 AM.

Ashran has like half the stuff you're suggesting, and as for rewards, they are completely overhauling the pvp rewards system.

As for new battlegrounds, ya alright, but have you ever actually looked at how many we have right now? Its a decent number relative to any other mmo.

More arena's dont really thrill me. If they're too new and exciting, theyre probably unbalanced unfortunately.

Also BGs will reward gold now, so there's that.

Also cool looking gear sets are completely subjective. I love my priest and hunter sets right now.

Edit: Rereading your post really made me think that this is just a bunch of crap you dont like rather than absolutely necessary changes to wow that aren't happening. Vendetta? Really? lol
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2014-05-02 at 04:27 AM.

They put a PvP objective in Silithus. Not many people gave a damn about it.

They put PvP objectives with the towers up in Eastern Plaguelands. Not many gave a damn about it.

The towers in BC in Zangar and Terrokar, and the whole Halaa thing were mostly for the vendor gear rewards. Other than that, not many gave a damn about it, especially once they got their gear / mount.

They put PvP quest hubs in Grizzly Hills in Northrend. Again, not many gave a damn about it.

The devs have basically said that Wintergrasp and Tol Barad didn't get enough attention from players to warrant putting a whole zone in focusing on PvP but yet here we have Ashran coming in WoD. I think the only real reason they're putting the PvP zone in is so they can point to it every time someone complains about "lack of PvP content".
    There are some that like MMO PvP, but even Ghostcrawler has said that not as many people PvP as some like to think. It's simply not worth the effort of putting in all that content for the minority of players that would actually use it.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo42 View Post
    The devs have basically said that Wintergrasp and Tol Barad didn't get enough attention from players to warrant putting a whole zone in focusing on PvP but yet here we have Ashran coming in WoD. I think the only real reason they're putting the PvP zone in is so they can point to it every time someone complains about "lack of PvP content".
    When did they say that?
    I just find it odd, during their respective expansions any server I played on or knew anyone on, always had people in them, unless the server population was so one sided that nobody really was going to be there anyways, for the battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

There are some that like MMO PvP, but even Ghostcrawler has said that not as many people PvP as some like to think. It's simply not worth the effort of putting in all that content for the minority of players that would actually use it.
    You misread that quote. What they meant was that they had no interest in revamping old PvP zones like WG and Tol Barad because nobody did them anymore (as of the next expansion). During the expansion when they were relevant, those world BG's were bustling.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolrogueplayer View Post
    + Flagpoles, pvp objectives in almost every zone like it was in the burning crusade outland, have not heard word on any pvp objectives in the open world outside the sandbox Zone Ashran which we still know little about after all this time.

Towers, flags to capture for your faction the faction that owns the majority gets a passive buff plus it would be nice to see this reflected in the way of say a host of guard patrols appear in certain areas for the faction that owns the objective making it more dangerous for the opposing faction to level and travel the roads.

+Rewards, incentives for participating in said world pvp objectives, gear, recipes , mounts, vanity items and gold for doing daily quests associated, take the towers+ kill players, guards, gather resources, ect.

More ways to obtain gold in general besides farming and proffessions. I hate proffessions and they usually are easier to maintain when you do raids i find them tedious and boring but so is farming for gold. Often needed stuff for proffs comes from raiding something I dont do.

The many dailies in wow award crap gold for your time and are boring with 95 % of them having to do with building reputations you need to unlock PVE content or gear which doesnt benefit me in anyway.

You should obtain gold from winning Arenas and rated battlegrounds and for taking pvp world objectives even when not doing pvp dailies an instant awarded stipend of 5 gold per kill and 100 gold per flag pole, repeatable quests to kill guards and gather resources and be rewarded with decent gold.

*bounty system idea* Kill certain elites every day or players in certain areas and be rewarded.

+More battlegrounds. The amount of battleground maps and types are pathetic for the number of years wow has been active and how much Blizzard has reaped from it. Pve gets all the attention.

+More Arenas too i guess we can only expect 1 or 2 maps an expansion which is lame. IDC if they are reskins of Nagrand for balance reasons.

++ Talent Overhaul. The current talent system is just too simple and doesnt offer enough customization for character playstyle. There should be 6 more Tiers than there are with maybe 4 choices up from 3 per tier mostly passives which effect each spec differently even if your a ROGUE.

+ Lastly cool looking gear sets. So far the greens we have seen for warlords as usual look like crap and Im sure the dungeon and pvp sets will too just like they have been for years now. Compare TBC gear and some Wrath gear to how gear looks now.

Recently in wow gear looks flat, colorless, dull and lacks flashy features that should be on it to make us look and feel cool.

Blizzard isnt doing any of this, the only exciting aspect of warlords is returning to Outland back in time during leveling. I usually play 1 character and I dont raid so , so far the expansion looks bleak other than the button bloat removal effort. Why pay 15 a month + 50 dollars just for that?

It looks like more and less of the same thing we have been seeing. More run of the mill raids. Less content than TBC/Wrath/Vanilla for more money.

Been waiting for world pvp objectives in every zone for 10 years. There should be one in almost every single zone not 5. You should even get gold at this point for killing players and more honor definitively by now multiplied if the person you kill is a higher level than you or for defending low level zones from marked players that are preying on lowbies.

Dull crappy looking gear that will need transmorgrifaction asap with old sets and this time they arent even overhauling the talent system out of laziness.

AM I really suppose to jump for joy over new character models? seriously i will never see my character you have to zoom out for effective gameplay and his back will always be to me and h will still look generic , very much like every other undead rogue around me i see.
    Really glad this guy isn't in charge.

Talent Overhaul. The current talent system is just too simple and doesnt offer enough customization for character playstyle. There should be 6 more Tiers than there are with maybe 4 choices up from 3 per tier mostly passives which effect each spec differently even if your a ROGUE.
    Thats a horrible idea, thats what the current talent tree is getting away from. Theres plenty of variation in the current talents, far far far more than in the past. In the past you'd change talents if you were changing specs, you'd spend your talents in whatever cookie-cutter way was the most optimal, then never touch them again. With the new talents, I find myself switching them in and our on a per-fight basis. Also, passives aren't a fun choice, and if its just something like +5% crit then its very easy to math out the optimal choices and you're back to cookie-cutter builds. Its an illusion of choice, not real choice.

These objectives weren't even used during Burning Crusade, at least not on my server. Occasionally you'd get some peeps to go out and capture them in a raid, but it never really turned into all out world PvP. Same with the Krasarang Wilds area, even during the time when the dailies were relevant I rarely saw anybody PvPing in those areas.

This would be annoying to players who are not interested in PvPing.

Some of that stuff would be nice, but how do you balance it and how do you prevent abuses of the system? What about a server that is 13:1 Horde:Alliance ratio? The Alliance PvPers would never get their gear. Plus they added this on Timeless Isle with the Bloody Coins and it didn't really go over very well, mixing PvE questing areas with wPvP.
    I don't understand this argument. Professions are maintained during raiding because they are necessary for raiding. Gold is a lot harder to earn for raiders than it is for PvPers, I'd guarantee that. Getting an upgrade can easily cost you 500g in gems, enchants, reforges, even more if it's a helm or a weapon that you upgraded. Meanwhile in PvP you control the pace of your upgrades a lot better. Plus, either side is capable of AH farming as much as anyone, and that's where all of the true gold is earned.

So find a new way to make gold? When dailies were first implemented they were an excellent way of making gold since 20g was worth more in BC than now. But they still offer 20g per daily even though that amount can't even buy you a lv40 green item.

You got a whole host of PvP dailies on Isle of Thunder so not really sure what you're complaining about.

Right, well, when you're on a poorly balanced server then we'll see how you like being farmed over and over by the other side to earn a measly 5g for every kill that you get.

Nope. Anything that forces people to go after other people who may or may not be involved in wPvP at the moment is a bad idea. Period.

How many battlegrounds are there already? And how many different capture / point systems? What do you want, just new battleground skins but the same mechanics and point system? That'd be a waste of resources. Battlegrounds are good repeat content because they are just a host for PvP. There's nothing to get bored of in BGs because, according to PvPers, the experience is always different. PvE gets the attention because WoW is a PvE game first and foremost. Not only that, but a raid doesn't last as long as a battleground does.

Why do you need more reskinned maps? When you PvP, the focus is on the opposing players, not your surroundings. They could put you on a blank background with 4 pillars in the middle of a fenced in area and it'd be the exact same experience.

So you want to triple the amount of balancing issues that WoW already has? Good idea.

Of course the greens look like crap. The greens always look like crap. The first green gear from TBC were freaking triangle shoulders that made you look like a clown. If you want to compare tier sets, that's your prerogative and completely subject to your opinion. You won't find a grand consensus among players about which expansion had the cooler looking gear.

Apparently you haven't looked at any of the tier sets because they are all pretty flashy, including the Legendary cloak that gives you wings.

What has been keeping you around so far? If you don't raid, there has literally been very little added in the past two years. That's how it's always been. If you've enjoyed the game up to this point, Warlords shouldn't change that in the least.

You mean more content, right? Because last I checked, TBC / Wrath didn't have dynamic events, side quests, a new PvP only zone (Wintersgrasp, I guess, but it wasn't as fleshed out as Ashran) or Garrisons.

You've been waiting for 10 years and you'll still be waiting for 10 more years because that type of gameplay isn't popular. Never has been.

Really at this point, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining. None of the things you mentioned have anything to do with Warlords and if you thought that things like lack of PvP content were going to be magically fixed when it wasn't added in the past 5 expansions, you're just delusional.

I stopped reading here.

Deleted
    Dont listen too these nay sayers.
    I think some of your ideas are fairly good, and your not telling how they should work and how to be implemented.
    There are tons of ways to make these things work. Basicly I think the more there is to do in the world the better the game is.
    The bounty system sounds fun, the pvp towers as well, even thou some ppl will not do, its there and creates the world.

WoW do have a lot of problems but dont exepect it too get fixed anytime soon. Sometimes its just better to take a break.

They put PvP objectives with the towers up in Eastern Plaguelands. Not many gave a damn about it.

The towers in BC in Zangar and Terrokar, and the whole Halaa thing were mostly for the vendor gear rewards. Other than that, not many gave a damn about it, especially once they got their gear / mount.

They put PvP quest hubs in Grizzly Hills in Northrend. Again, not many gave a damn about it.

what sort of misinformation is all of this?

In vanilla, my server and the servers of my friends had huge pitched battles in silithus over dragging the dust. Daily.

Eastern plaguelands had sporadic battles between individuals. Sporadic but constant. People wanted an edge for farming in there.

Wintergrasap and tol barad were very popular for their time. bitched about constantly, but in wotlk and cata they were FULL FULL FULL.

please source what ghostcrawler said. we can't take your word for it and it might be out of its intended context. as for your other supposed "devs said this". it references to the fact that they won't update old pvp areas as most people don't bother with them IN new expansions.

it "noth being worth the effort" is your opinion, Pvp players are most definitely not as much of a "minority" as your stating.

Something with the scale of ashran is most definately not made just to create an escuse for "see we have pvp content, theres no lack of it". So seriously. load of bull. When something like Ashran is made, it stops being an "Excuse to show pvp content is being made" and is more "PvP content is being made"
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-05-02 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    So don't play it? Even better, start your own MMO and implement all these things and people that want all that will come to your game

10+ Year Old Account

So what you're really saying is... Blizzard should cater to this wall of text that is really just a bunch of opinions, many of them bad.

No thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I stopped reading here.
    That was a delightfully stupid comment, wasn't it? (the one you quoted, not yours)
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

++ Talent Overhaul. The current talent system is just too simple and doesnt offer enough customization for character playstyle.
    I used to defend the current talent system. "So much talent bloat...most don't matter...people just picked cookie-cutter anyway" and so on. But I miss the talent trees. An RPG just isn't an RPG without a talent tree!

you just sound mad at wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agree with a lot of your points, with some major exceptions:

Flagpoles: Having pvp objective in every zone might sound nice in theory, but all you'll accomplish is dividing pvp players across zones instead of giving them one area to focus on. There's a lot of cool stuff you could do with pvp, but the most important thing to consider is getting players to meet. No enemies, no pvp.

More Battlegrounds/Arenas: WoW already has plenty of battlegrounds, imo there's already too many. You really can't compare pve getting new raids to pvp getting new battlegrounds, it's just not the same. Raids have static encounters because you're fighting npcs, while fights in battlegrounds are always different. It's ironic that people keep asking for more BGs, while the oldest ones remain obvious favorites in all polling. I'd much rather they focus on improving existing BGs than churn out more bad ones.

More ways to make gold: If gold is easier to come by, prices go up and you're back to square one. Professions, grinding and flipping items are plenty in regards to gold-making, it's something anyone can do regardless of preferred playstyle and without requiring raiding or high-end pvp.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-05-02 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    Wait..... character models are a waste of time because you have to zoom in to see them (I'll come back to that) but simply reskinning nagrand arena so it looks different and adds absolutely nothing new to the game other than it being snowy instead is fine? Do people actually think before they type stuff out any more?

As for the new character models they don't just look different they have more articulation now so they move better and cast better both of which you can see, also you do realise that its everyone's characters being updated right? You will be able to see them from lots of different angles wandering around in cities....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    Wait..... character models are a waste of time because you have to zoom in to see them (I'll come back to that) but simply reskinning nagrand arena so it looks different and adds absolutely nothing new to the game other than it being snowy instead is fine? Do people actually think before they type stuff out any more?

As for the new character models they don't just look different they have more articulation now so they move better and cast better both of which you can see, also you do realise that its everyone's characters being updated right? You will be able to see them from lots of different angles wandering around in cities....
    I'm completely on board with not caring at all about new character models and would much rather have dozens upon dozens of other things instead but the rest of this guys post is just sad.

10+ Year Old Account

Im sure you speak on behalf of alot of people with those 'claims'.

Silithus arguably has never been very populated, but during vanilla there was lots of competition and ganking to prevent/capture more of the silithyst dust mounds for the goal.

EPL not many gave a damn? You probably didn't quest there much at all then o.o.

And Grizzly Hills of all places? Countless times I saw large groups trying to capture that place for their respective faction, with constant ganking near each respective questing zone in the north/southern daily questing areas. I don't really believe that you have any grounds to dismiss his claims on lol. If me, just one person has experienced countless PvP encounters in each specific zone he mentioned, I just wonder how many others have experienced the same? Cause I'll be damned if it was just me there haha.

Wintergrasp not getting enough attention from players? Are you mad? There used to be such a huge clusterfuck in every part of Wintergrasp that I could literally do nothing on my character do to FPS rapeage. You do realise this zone for a very long time was uncapped? So everyone could just pour in for a gankfest?

You don't really have anything to suggest your claims are valid, just because you're entitled to an opinion doesn't automatically make them correct ¬¬

- - - Updated - - -

I would love the idea of a bounty hunting system or dailies, and to see more PvP related action in a few more, if not each zone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I'm completely on board with not caring at all about new character models and would much rather have dozens upon dozens of other things instead but the rest of this guys post is just sad.
    that's fair enough not everyone does, I just found what he said laughable