Page 1 of 58
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Minnesota Man kills two teens breaking into his house. Trial Underway

http://abcnews.go.com/US/minnesota-m...ry?id=23419342

1.) For the love of god. Read the article before commenting.

2.) If these reports/accusations are true, this man clearly crossed the line. You shoot to eliminate a threat. An eliminated threat does not require a non beating heart.

Edit: Ruken is likely screaming "YA SEE? THIS IS WHY YOU CAN"T HAVE NICE THINGS!" to the NRA.

I read it and watched video. Honestly the guy did an overkill. Did he have to kill them? Honestly no. Could he have kept them disabled and let the police arive? Yes he should have. If he did he wouldn't be in a murder case. But honestly the two teens where in a wrong by being in his house the first place.
    Last edited by dashflash890; 2014-04-25 at 04:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

While I don't like these laws, shooting an intruder, would have been entirely within his rights. Executing an unarmed and already injured intruder is fuckin murder though.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

There was a thread on this back when it happened (feels like almost a year ago now).

But yea, he doesn't have a case. He had disabled the intruders, then he executed them. That isn't self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

There was a thread on this back when it happened (feels like almost a year ago now).

But yea, he doesn't have a case. He had disabled the intruders, then he executed them. That isn't self defense.
    Maybe they were trying to steal his soul with their dying breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    I read it and watched video. Honestly the guy did an overkill. Did he have to kill them? Honestly no. Could he have disabled them by shooting them somewhere else? With proper training with a gun any gun owner can. But honestly the two teens where in a wrong by being in his house the first place.
    First, when you shoot, you shoot to stop the threat. it is easiest to do that if you aim at center mass. No gun training place I know has ever advocated shooting at an extremity to do so, because if you miss, you may be the one dead.

Secondly, I remember this story. You stop being in immediate danger when the threat is neutralized, aka on the floor semi consious. If you kill them after that, it is murder depending on the state you are in.

I'm just going to add in that I agree with the others who say that the execution is where he crossed the line. The lying in wait...with water....ready to kill people those was a little tiny bit suspicious...not reporting it for 2 days...a little more suspicious. Quite possible that he invited the two of them over to do some sort of housework (perhaps they answered an ad in a paper) and planned the killing himself.

Those NRA nuts will think of any reason why executing petty criminals by your own standards is the ideal situation though.

I made that thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Teens-Robbers

What we learned was that many people on this forum are crazy people who think once you enter another's home all bets are off and you're within your right to torture and slowly kill people.

I made that thread.

What we learned was that many people on this forum are crazy people who think once you enter another's home all bets are off and you're within you right to torture and slowly kill people.
    I do remember that thread, unfortunately.

Two criminals dead and an old psycho is going to be locked up. The worlds a better place.

Stand your ground law doesn't apply here or does it?not sure about this be seems like he was in hes right if that law was in hes stats when it happened but i agree that was overkill.

- - - Updated - - -

I made that thread.

What we learned was that many people on this forum are crazy people who think once you enter another's home all bets are off and you're within your right to torture and slowly kill people.
    If some random stranger is in my house i shoot to kill and you know why my 3 kids our here period you enter you die simple as that.

If they're correct in the assumption that he was actually waiting for them to kill them then I'm not sure if removing the firearm would have changed the outcome very much. Lacking a firearm would have just had a 65 y/o man beating teens to death with some object instead. The girl would've probably had much higher chances of living in that situation though. Guy was totally insane though there's just no reason to shoot people that many times when they're clearly down already

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    Stand your ground law doesn't apply here or does it?not sure about this be seems like he was in hes right if that law was in hes stats when it happened but i agree that was overkill.

- - - Updated - - -

If some random stranger is in my house i shoot to kill and you know why my 3 kids our here period you enter you die simple as that.
    Well it didn't take long for someone to completely miss the point here. I tip my hat to your genius...

- - - Updated - - -

So you'd shoot to kill, then when they didn't die and were on the floor unable to fight, you would go up to them put the gun to their heads and execute them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Well it didn't take long for someone to completely miss the point here. I tip my hat to your genius...
    Thanks my i.q. is 121 whats yours?Your not a parent you wouldn't know what that means anyways.

I made that thread.

Finishing someone off sounds like the opposite of torture and slowly killing them... but whatever floats your pretentious boat.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    If the teenagers didn't illegally break into the house then perhaps they wouldn't of been shot in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks my i.q. is 121 whats yours?Your not a parent you wouldn't know what that means anyways.
    Doesn't change that if the dude is already shot still alive and mostly injured. Call the cops and let them handle it. You aren't the executioner.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh man. Totally logic based response there.

Good to see you need to revert to completely unprovable 'facts' try to support your 'point' that executing two people who broke into your house after you had already shot them and disabled them is the correct response.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Finishing someone off sounds like the opposite of torture and slowly killing them... but whatever floats your pretentious boat.
    Finishing someone off thats no longer a threat, while maybe merciful, is still murder.