Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradir View Post
    Now my question is if anyone here has tryed going for a very high mastery build and can say for sure that it isnt the way to go and i am just being stubborn and not wanting to change.
    There is nothing magical about it, haste is just a cheaper healing buff for HoTs than mastery, as long as you hit the breakpoints. Haste costs 420 points per percentage point and mastery costs 480 per percentage point. Since almost all of our healing comes from healing over time effects, if you can hit a tick breakpoint for the important heals with haste it will give you more healing per point of secondary stat. Reaching for the 13163 Rejuvenation breakpoints also gives a Wild Growth tick at 12458, a Tranquility tick at 13157 and a Lifebloom-tick at 12834.

If you put the 10120 secondary stat points between 3043 and 13163 into mastery rather than haste, you lose 24 percentage points of haste, and gain 21 percentage points of mastery.

My impression is that Rejuvenation often is the dominating heal at heroic raiding. There is alot of haste gear around, which means staying at 3043 is difficult, and getting to 13157 from for example where you are, 4K over the 3043 breakpoint, is going to be very cost-effective.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2014-05-09 at 04:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    There is nothing magical about it, haste is just a cheaper healing buff for HoTs than mastery, as long as you hit the breakpoints. Haste costs 420 points per percentage point and mastery costs 480 per percentage point. Since almost all of our healing comes from healing over time effects, if you can hit a tick breakpoint for the important heals with haste it will give you more healing per point of secondary stat. Reaching for the 13163 Rejuvenation breakpoints also gives a Wild Growth tick at 12458, a Tranquility tick at 13157 and a Lifebloom-tick at 12834.

If you put the 10120 secondary stat points between 3043 and 13163 into mastery rather than haste, you lose 24 percentage points of haste, and gain 21 percentage points of mastery.

My impression is that Rejuvenation often is the dominating heal at heroic raiding. There is alot of haste gear around, which means staying at 3043 is difficult, and getting to 13157 from for example where you are, 4K over the 3043 breakpoint, is going to be very cost-effective.
    I think this is the reason why heroic raiding druids are all in the same position with stat breakpoints and builds. Certainly from my druid (576 ilvl) its impossible for me to go for a full mastery build as the haste on my gear ever all reforged out is still too much to not waste a considerable amount of secondary stats.