View Poll Results: Will SoO last longer than DS, and does it bother you?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    5 1.56%
  • Yes, but it doesn't bother me

    74 23.05%
  • Yes, and it bothers me

    211 65.73%
  • Don't care, no opinion

    31 9.66%
Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Will SoO run longer than DS?



    9 months after 4.3 (Dragon Soul) was released 5.0 came out. We're just one and a half month away from breaking that "record". So will The Siege of Orgrimmar last longer than that, and does it bother you?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Please feel free to discuss. I remember something being said by Blizzard when they announced WOD that we wouldn't have another Dragon Soul situation, but I could be wrong about that.

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,132
    It is starting to seem that way, but I marked it I don't care because I don't make this game it's not my problem and I CHOOSE to play it and can and will stop if it it is no longer enjoyable.

  3. #3
    The record is held by Icecrown Citadel which lasted just one day short of a year. 2 months longer than Dragon Soul did.
    Halion? Come on! That didn't happen.... that didn't happen.

    What bothers me more is that this is going to be a year-long tier without any significant changes to the difficulty or accesibility. For a fucking YEAR.
    ICC and DS had progressive buffs applied to them. Even though SOO is out for so long, the percentage of guilds that killed H Garrosh is still pitifully low. Much lower than T14 and TOT endboss kill ratios. And the content is out longer than these two were.

    Don't even get me started on valor points being the nerfs. After 30 weeks they are nothing more than gear enchants. Every main is valor capped at this point, spends 500 vp on the one or two odd upgrades they get per... month.

    I was item level 575 in about January 2014, with 11/14 HC done and no prospects of ever increasing the item level further.
    Because warforged loot in 10 man guilds does not exist. I have one warforged item and I can't really count them in as upgrades at this abysmal drop rate.

    So I'm stuck with unchanged character power for about 9 months (predicing autumn release). I will kill garrosh np but this is appaling. 9 months of NO possible chacter progression at all. WOW doesn't have infinite paragon experience like diablo 3 does. At this point it's just... old achievements, pvp, rare mounts and gold making.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It is starting to seem that way, but I marked it I don't care because I don't make this game it's not my problem and I CHOOSE to play it and can and will stop if it it is no longer enjoyable.
    While this is true, I think it's hillarious that Blizzard keeps sputing the same bullshit every expansion about faster content.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse (25-N) testing is complete! Today's Wisdom:
    One man's Trash is another Man's Heroic Boss.

  5. #5
    They can delay it as much as they want. Im making lots of gold every reset from Soo

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    While this is true, I think it's hillarious that Blizzard keeps sputing the same bullshit every expansion about faster content.
    They were living upto it earlier in the xpac...

    Shieldwall storyline quests and dailies.

    The isle of thunder dailies and Isle of Giants before Throne of thunder was released.

    Additions to brawlers guild.

    Extra pet battle dailies and pets here and there..

    Then Siege of Orgrimmar was released and normal service resumed.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Luminoth4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,180
    I'm not in a massive rush for WoD currently. I still have some things to finish in MoP prior to 6.0 such as more CMs but currently I'm on a break due to IRL. I've enjoyed MoP, and not entirely looking forward to WoD. Also I haven't actually killed Garrosh yet, 13/14 raiding one night a week on the Normal Team which started in Janurary I think.
    My Characters (Alliance - Shadowsong / Horde - Tarren-Mill)

    Dristereau3D

  8. #8
    Bothers me quite a bit. At least gives me time to try other MMOs out. It seems as if this tier will break ICC's record.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    They were living upto it earlier in the xpac...

    Shieldwall storyline quests and dailies.

    The isle of thunder dailies and Isle of Giants before Throne of thunder was released.

    Additions to brawlers guild.

    Extra pet battle dailies and pets here and there..

    Then Siege of Orgrimmar was released and normal service resumed.
    If normal service occured, then we would have had WOD by summer. They were early for everything
    They not only released Soo, for it to take an average amount of time, they released it and took the average amount of raid time + ALL THE EXTRA TIME SAVED early in the expansion. Soo will be running for more than year, and I highly suspect we will not be getting WOD till late Nov or early December.

    I actually think halfway through WODs development, they lost all their data or something. The expansion has the least new features and new anything than everything else, they were prepared to release the xpac without all the new models, so them loosing half of WODs development, say 1 year ago, and now they are frantically trying to recreate everything makes the most sense.

    Either way, the management at Blizzard is incompetent, and they are going to lose a big portion of their WOW player base before WOD hits.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    What bothers me more is that this is going to be a year-long tier without any significant changes to the difficulty or accesibility. For a fucking YEAR.
    ICC and DS had progressive buffs applied to them. Even though SOO is out for so long, the percentage of guilds that killed H Garrosh is still pitifully low. Much lower than T14 and TOT endboss kill ratios. And the content is out longer than these two were.

    Don't even get me started on valor points being the nerfs. After 30 weeks they are nothing more than gear enchants. Every main is valor capped at this point, spends 500 vp on the one or two odd upgrades they get per... month.

    I was item level 575 in about January 2014, with 11/14 HC done and no prospects of ever increasing the item level further.
    Because warforged loot in 10 man guilds does not exist. I have one warforged item and I can't really count them in as upgrades at this abysmal drop rate.

    So I'm stuck with unchanged character power for about 9 months (predicing autumn release). I will kill garrosh np but this is appaling. 9 months of NO possible chacter progression at all. WOW doesn't have infinite paragon experience like diablo 3 does. At this point it's just... old achievements, pvp, rare mounts and gold making.
    What about becoming better? A character stuck of more than 9 months is a player (or more a raid) problem, not the game itself. It's better to have something to progress on than to farm stupid easy hardmodes like ICC with 30% buff.
    Silence doesn't mean acceptance.
    Sometimes you have just no desire to discuss with idiots

    Personality: INTJ

  11. #11
    Yes. Maybe it will last longer than even ICC.

    That doesn't bother me though... We went through some hardcore reformulation in our core and this delayed us from finishing progression. Still have some baddies that would require replacement too.

  12. #12
    Even if it won't "break the record", it certainly feels more tedious. Even the "farm mode" is tiring, with so many bosses and some of them still requiring full attention to kill. No nerfs/buffs, no new content, no nothing. Hell, the damn mount is ground only, so I barely get to "enjoy" this oh-so-great reward. Doesn't help that the fight itself is horribly boring to heal... or just boring in general. Would far prefer Paragons as the final boss.

    I dunno, it feels like this will be far worse than previous expansions for us. DS nerfs made it possible to underman or mess around with alts. Doesn't look like it will be the case here and no one really feels like killing Garrosh for next five months. Might be one hell of a summer break, I wonder how many guilds will be in similar situation.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2014-04-25 at 01:55 PM.

  13. #13
    yes it will take longer. no it dont bother me. anymore. since im on break unsubbed only thing i cant wait for is wildstar atm anyway so as for me it can come even in 2015

    if u want to change their attitude then vote with your wallets its the only thing which u can do - if they see so many people subbed even thought theres nothing to do in game why should they ever do anything faster

  14. #14
    Epic! Felarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SKC,Poland
    Posts
    1,741
    Yes it will, im quite sure it beat icc and it's bother me. I killed garrosh hc already and im done till Draenor come up

  15. #15
    With a projected release of Fall 2014 it is projected to last longer than both ICC and DS.

  16. #16
    I dont have a problem that the raid last 1 year, but for god sake make it more accessible to more people, nerf the legendary quest or let us start after the 3k valor point, its fucking sad that gearing alts at this point of the exp its still a chore.

  17. #17
    It looks like something happened internally that threw the dev team into chaos. Personnel changes, from what we've been hearing. I would very much like to hear more from anyone who may have friends inside Blizzard.

    Personally, I'm ok with a delay. Currently I have plenty to do, even with the raiding I wanted to do mostly wrapped up. Worst comes to worst I will unsub for a few months. That's no big deal. Blizzard execs might not be too happy if enough people do that, though. I can see how it would be a bigger problem for those in raiding guilds, though: going on hiatus for some months might lead to guild breakdown.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  18. #18
    I havent been raiding since that first raid tier of Cataclysm yet this bothers me alot. Blizzard needs to stop taking the piss on their players, and should have some sort of new content available when they are busy working on a new Expansion.

  19. #19
    As recruiting officer, the current SoO situation (and with summer coming... ouch) bothers me a lot. At 9/14H 25s (and within ~7 seconds of a spoils kill, probably get it this week), we are likely to get full heroic clear with mounts for everyone before the expansion. Then what?

  20. #20
    The Patient Kezmaefele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Blizz HQ
    Posts
    255
    I don't know how long it will last. I marked "Don't care. Doesn't bother me". But I am excited for the next xpac and I hope they hurry up!

    I'm not actively playing WOW right now and am in waiting mode. I'm playing other games and following all the news I can find on awesome websites just like this one.

    I do worry about my guildies and my raid team and my server. I figure when WOD does come out I'm gonna have to rebuild a raid team. Well... I won't rebuild it. I'm not that kind of a go-getter. But I do know those types on my server and will join up with one or more of them and do my best to help them build up a new raid team.

    So that part is kind of annoying but it seems to be the nature of the game. The upside is I usually get to meet some new people every xpac and make new friends.

    Part of me wishes they didn't make xpacs and just rolled out new content every 3 or 4 months.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •