Blizzard Customer Support - What's the point of the ticket system?

Does creating a ticket really serve any purpose anymore? I created a ticket for an account issue yesterday at like 10 pm and I waited until today 4 pm, until I figured it was taking too long and I'd contact the live chat instead. I had to wait perhaps 3 seconds before someone joined the chat and they solved my issue instantly.

So... what is the point of the ticket system if they need several days to reply, while the live chat support is there instantly for you?

A ticket is generally better for an issue that you don't need to be in attendance for.
    Just unfortunate that too many responses now are pretty generic and don't answer the question at-hand.
    I now resort to google rather than a ticket for some issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The ticket system supports all cases, where Live chat doesn't support some cases just like the callback option doens't work for some topics.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Does creating a ticket really serve any purpose anymore? I created a ticket for an account issue yesterday at like 10 pm and I waited until today 4 pm, until I figured it was taking too long and I'd contact the live chat instead. I had to wait perhaps 3 seconds before someone joined the chat and they solved my issue instantly.

So... what is the point of the ticket system if they need several days to reply, while the live chat support is there instantly for you?
    Tickets are generally for ingane issues or harassment reports where they would need logs from multiple occasions, or a loot dispute to find out what went wrong.

For example, once I bugged under Dalaran, like inside it, and would DC about 2 seconds after logging on.open a ticket and have me ported to SW . Their helpline is more for account issues, the people doing live chat may not have tool o help you, or if you have like altcodes in your name they cause issues over the phone.