Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    You either love it or loathe it to be honest, personally, I didn't really enjoy the class, never really got past lvl 49-50. I wanted so much to give it the benefit of the doubt being the new class and all, but trying to like something is usually a sure sign that it's not for you.

Each to their own I guess.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Droyda View Post
    So I hit 90 few days ago, but on the last 15 levels monk started to get boring for me... like for the windwalker there are like 4 skills to spam in PVE. Didn't tried yet mistweaver but still for a DPS spec monk seems very boring to me.

Anyone else had similiar problem? I'm new to Panda (last played at the Cataclysm begining), and I have no idea if every class feels the same or just the monk doesn't fit me / my playestyle
    My favourite classes and specs in order:

Windwalker Monk
    Fire Mage
    Retribution Paladin
    Arms Warrior
    Blood Death Knight

Monk is my favourite class so far. It's just so much fun to play! I hate ability bloat classes like Warlock and Rogue and DK ( that's why I stopped playing DK around the start of MoP ) and Monk is just perfect for me. A few buttons to press, a simple rotation and lots of awesome abilities that can save your life. I just love flying around with Flying Serpent Kick. I also love Roll The attack animations for Rising Sun Kick, Fists of Fury, Jab - they are all awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    You either love it or loathe it to be honest, personally, I didn't really enjoy the class, never really got past lvl 49-50. I wanted so much to give it the benefit of the doubt being the new class and all, but trying to like something is usually a sure sign that it's not for you.

Each to their own I guess.
    I am willing to believe that a lot of people "dislike" Monk because of a certain reason that they didn't realise: Since Cataclysm every player has leveled atleast a few alts through the revamped zones. Unlike the pre-Cataclysm zones, the revamped ones get "consumed" quite fast thus it gets super boring questing in them again. And this might be your reason, without realising it, not to like monks I won't say it certainly is, I have no right to - I don't know you. But I am certain it's true for some people. I love questing but it was really boring leveling my Pandaren Monk 12-60 as I had gone through those zones countless times and 60-85 was simply overkill. I have actually leveled 1-12 ( as Pandaren only ) and 85-90 a lot more times than I have leveled in Northrend but 60-85 was simply and overkill for me because I didn't enjoy the quests there unlike MoP's zones ( Wandering Isle and Pandaria ) which were so much fun to quest in.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I am willing to believe that a lot of people "dislike" Monk because of a certain reason that they didn't realise: Since Cataclysm every player has leveled atleast a few alts through the revamped zones. Unlike the pre-Cataclysm zones, the revamped ones get "consumed" quite fast thus it gets super boring questing in them again. And this might be your reason, without realising it, not to like monks I won't say it certainly is, I have no right to - I don't know you. But I am certain it's true for some people. I love questing but it was really boring leveling my Pandaren Monk 12-60 as I had gone through those zones countless times and 60-85 was simply overkill. I have actually leveled 1-12 ( as Pandaren only ) and 85-90 a lot more times than I have leveled in Northrend but 60-85 was simply and overkill for me because I didn't enjoy the quests there unlike MoP's zones ( Wandering Isle and Pandaria ) which were so much fun to quest in.
    That's a fair point and another reason I no longer grind my Monk is because of the fact that I have to do WotLK/Cata/MoP grinding all over again and I simply cannot see myself doing that. I get a wild hare to go level up my Hunter who is 86 until I zone in and realize I have to play through boring Pandaria and log right back out. I was thinking about using my pre-order boost on my Monk, since it's my lowest character, but I've decided to save it until we're closer to WoD to reevaluate my decision.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Droyda View Post
    So I hit 90 few days ago, but on the last 15 levels monk started to get boring for me... like for the windwalker there are like 4 skills to spam in PVE. Didn't tried yet mistweaver but still for a DPS spec monk seems very boring to me.

Anyone else had similiar problem? I'm new to Panda (last played at the Cataclysm begining), and I have no idea if every class feels the same or just the monk doesn't fit me / my playestyle
    Wait until you do content beyond LFR before you judge it, in my opinion. At first I admit it felt clunky for me, but after a while it became a continuous flow of awesomeness (sorry). Windwalker scales with ilvl extremely well, and it becomes a lot more interesting as your primary and secondary stats increase. Plus, if you're playing effectively, there's a lot more to it than 'spamming like 4 skills'. Managing Tiger Power debuff, Chi Brew, Energizing Brew, Tigereye Brew stacks, and Rushing Jade Wind (assuming you use it) effectively in your rotation isn't as easy as it seems. It makes a significant difference as you learn what to prioritize in any given situation. That's coming from someone who has played endgame PVE with almost every melee DPS in the game.

PS: Don't take the opinion of anyone who claims they haven't even reached 90 seriously. I really don't mean that in some elitist jerk kind of way -- it's just you don't know anything about a class until you've at least reached the level cap and participated in the content your class was actually designed for -- especially in WoW.
    Last edited by relyts; 2014-05-11 at 09:54 PM.

WW monk used to be more fun at its launch incarnation. Then they messed with the mastery until it was boring shit, over centralized it with a trinket in ToT so they messed with it yet again, and yeah, it's boring now. Then they devote all their attention to fucking with mistweavers that didn't need so much messing with and the fighting between fist weaving and casting shit, and so they just neglected WW monks while insisting that we do it wrong if we don't use our worst ability (FoF) constantly (this is one case where I strongly think the WW players know their class better than the devs).

So yeah, I just gave up after all that shit and went back to rogue which, while even more boring, at least does more damage.

I really wish someone would just lock this thread already. It's a completely worthless thread that adds nothing to the Monk forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a BM monk at lvl 51 right now, i really enjoy it, it is pretty enganging and fun, each to its own i guess

Windwalkers will become cooler with WoD (addition of Hurricane Strike, and more damage for FoF, among other things).
    BrM and Mistweaver are both amazing IMHO, BrM is in my opinion the most engaging (and thus, most fun) tank in the game, and Mistweaver has a similar niche for healing.
    WW is "just another melee DPS" currently, but still fun, and they will probably be much more fun next expansion.

Play a ret pally for a week, anything will seem fun after that!

I recently started tanking as a BrM. I don't remember the last time I had that much fun playing the game! Tons of abilities to use, many different ways to mitigate damage and with better gear you can use more of them at the same time witch makes gearing up really interesting.
    Though I understand that you think Monks are boring if you only tried WW before.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    WW is pretty boring to lvl as, i leveled as BrM then switched to WW at 90. Ive done all the endgame content on my monk as all specs, and have recently started to do random BGs on it and having more fun doing that then raiding.