Deleted

Holy Paladin Garrosh HC, Any tips.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for 10man Garrosh heroic, Currently healing with a Disc, I've been messing around with Selfless healer, EF with mastery build and with Haste build and i really can't decide on whats better? At the moment my guild is struggling to get past the first intermission :/ because Tojs is proving an issue >.< so i have no idea whats going to be better later in the fight?

Mastery is best for the fight afaik, because all the raid damage is in bursts throughout the fight, so bigger shields is always best.

Deleted
    Only did it in 25m but as you are stacked 98% of the time I would assume that SH would work well in 10s too.

As said Mastery is king.

Deleted
    also depend of the others healers in your raid.
    With another pally, one may go haste and the other mastery.
    With a disc priest, both are viable
    with holy, or drood/sham, play mastery.

Note that failures during the first intermission is probably not a healer issue... can you tell more about what's wrong ?

Tojs = temple of jade serpeant aka 1st transsition Aloryen, so no not a healer issue as u thought

Deleted
    Thanks guys, As you guys said its all about mastery and i've decided to run with EF would you guys reccomend going for the 2nd haste breakpoint 7170 26% or keep stacking mastery? i'm currently on 60% Mastery buffed, too much? with about 24% haste, Also as back to P1 then 2nd wave of adds that get warsong buff hurt like hell and we only have one stun, So i'm practically using every cooldown then because the damage is just ridiculous, Should i try and save some for the intermission annihalates? or is the damage not that heavy?

By the way the intermission phase is a dps issue xD, Lastly too Holy prism or Lights hammer? Thanks btw

Just a note for those adds our disc priest is at engineer.

Garrosh is a dps check, not a healer check, go with holy prism and if you can afford to cast blinding light then glyph it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    On 10man it's also heavily a raid composition check and I suspect that's what is wiping them mostly
    I really think the raid composition check is doing the fight blizz did'nt intend for it to be done. I think they designed it for you to have empowered whirling after p1 (it is spose to be an end content boss to last you a year after all ), either that or they really did think "screw u, 10 man punks, not our fault u ain't got a warrior tank to solo a pack in 1st transsition and 2 locks".

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I only have 25 man experience but here is my 2 cents : Using light's hammer yields way more return than holy prism, however having 15 less members, holy prism may be a tad better. Nonetheless I would give light's hammer a chance as most of it is stacking phases. I think raid composition may be an for 10 man more than it is for 25 as healing the fight isn't difficult, as stated it is more of a dps check. I would also suggest going with selfless healer as opposed to eternal flame and also to stack mastery, hope this helps!

Deleted
    Well for one, how much Spirit do you have? 'Coz if you're healing with a Disc priest you won't have a mana battery Shaman there. So if you have a solid amount of spirit atleast 14k should be enough you can go for the 7170 breakpoint. As long as you don't drop under around 45$ mastery unbuffed. You atleast want that much. As the fight is all about stacking LH would probably be better tbh. However it's 10 man so you may be able to get away with Holy prism since it heals 5 people every 20s. I also think SH would be pretty good as well, since LoD will hit half the raiders and it's very mana effective as well as doing decent healing. But either of those specs will work.

When progressing on this fight I toggled SH and EF on many attempts. What ended up being the deal breaker was healing the empowered whirls. The raid is very spread out here and tanks take huge damage during the phase plus you will have an add to stun and get agro on while dodging and healing stupid damage and thus I found EF superior to SH in 10. The total healing and tank healing during the empowered whirl was 30-50% more as EF. Although it sounds like your issue (you posted a while ago and perhaps you have killed it since) was dps in T1 and not healing, but the true healing test is P2.5 and P3. If you do the T2 stand and dink around strat you will get to reset your mana for P2.5-4 and thus can run less spirit. I do this at 12k spirit with 45% haste. For CD usage I pop DF/HA on the pull and EF dot the whole raid. Use AM on first weapon impact. With good CC of adds on p1 you can skip any personal CD's for the second set of ads after the shout. I did the first stun on middle set of ads on t1 then self casted Prism on myself for some extra damage. I would grab the orb that is usualy in the middle and then head toward the boss. From there HA/DF should be up again and I would start to 3HP EF blanket the raid, pop guardian and AW during the strikes. Swap to LoD for the last few strikes because the HoT from EF wont do enough healing. For p2 our Disc did CD on first whirl. 2nd whirl I used AM. Used HA/DF before 3rd whirl. Dink t2 and regen. P2.5 I used HA/DF right after the first mc to blanket raid for empowered whirl. 2nd whirl used AM. 3rd whirl is during p3 burn and after MC before the whirl used kitchen sink for CD's to HoT raid. p4 is just about doing malice correct and healing wise just have as many hot/shields as you can for the weapon impact after 3rd malice. Other thing I would say is use your personal damage reduction talents liberally. Should have 40% reduction up for every weapon impact and every whirl. Very important you use it. /end wall of stuff that likely doesn't apply to your strat.

Quote Originally Posted by bouchbagette View Post
    When progressing on this fight I toggled SH and EF on many attempts. What ended up being the deal breaker was healing the empowered whirls. The raid is very spread out here and tanks take huge damage during the phase plus you will have an add to stun and get agro on while dodging and healing stupid damage and thus I found EF superior to SH in 10. The total healing and tank healing during the empowered whirl was 30-50% more as EF. Although it sounds like your issue (you posted a while ago and perhaps you have killed it since) was dps in T1 and not healing, but the true healing test is P2.5 and P3. If you do the T2 stand and dink around strat you will get to reset your mana for P2.5-4 and thus can run less spirit. I do this at 12k spirit with 45% haste. For CD usage I pop DF/HA on the pull and EF dot the whole raid. Use AM on first weapon impact. With good CC of adds on p1 you can skip any personal CD's for the second set of ads after the shout. I did the first stun on middle set of ads on t1 then self casted Prism on myself for some extra damage. I would grab the orb that is usualy in the middle and then head toward the boss. From there HA/DF should be up again and I would start to 3HP EF blanket the raid, pop guardian and AW during the strikes. Swap to LoD for the last few strikes because the HoT from EF wont do enough healing. For p2 our Disc did CD on first whirl. 2nd whirl I used AM. Used HA/DF before 3rd whirl. Dink t2 and regen. P2.5 I used HA/DF right after the first mc to blanket raid for empowered whirl. 2nd whirl used AM. 3rd whirl is during p3 burn and after MC before the whirl used kitchen sink for CD's to HoT raid. p4 is just about doing malice correct and healing wise just have as many hot/shields as you can for the weapon impact after 3rd malice. Other thing I would say is use your personal damage reduction talents liberally. Should have 40% reduction up for every weapon impact and every whirl. Very important you use it. /end wall of stuff that likely doesn't apply to your strat.
    that pretty much covers everything.

SH is really bad on that fight on 10man. Stick with EF all the way. In fact I don't really know any real fight where SH out performs EF save Thok so best to get rid of light of dawn from your bars all together, sometimes you can't help it.