Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how to tell what others think of you?

when we meet people in group or alone we feel different feelings about different persons. some you don't like, some you like and some you like very much.

but, how to notice what someone think of you without asking? if they like you or dislike you?

I am not good at reading body signals..but I get a feeling in the pit of my stomach when they don't like me. Which is not often.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really guage social cues. It's something I have an issue with. >_< So I sympathize.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

if my friend asks me to her hold her mobile phone, sign of trust, when shes doing something does this mean she is interested in me? or do i read too much into it?

10+ Year Old Account
    lick them, see how they react

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Haven't chuckled all night, thanks.

@Pollzl, you're reading too much into it..
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should you care what others think of you? I surely dont care what others think of me. Living your life any other way is letting other people put restrictions on how you live your life because you always have to worry if someone will think bad of you for doing something,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Why should you care what others think of you? I surely dont care what others think of me. Living your life any other way is letting other people put restrictions on how you live your life because you always have to worry if someone will think bad of you for doing something,
    Pretty much that. I mean I won't go out of my way to upset people but I don't care very much if they don't like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    because i dont wanna be seen as an asshole? and want people to like me? chance for woman to increase affectio nfor me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pollzl View Post
    if my friend asks me to her hold her mobile phone, sign of trust, when shes doing something does this mean she is interested in me? or do i read too much into it?
    You're definitely looking too much into it. I leave my devices around friends be they male or female all the time because I trust them to keep it safe and not snoop around. Not that I have anything to hide but yeah.

OT: If they make an effort to spend time with you or go out of their way to talk to you they probably consider you a friend. If you're the one always having to initiate conversations/meet-ups it's not a particularly bad thing but if it's constantly it probably means the person isn't all that interested in seeing you or at the very least they don't care about you as much as you do them.

Deleted
    when you are in a group, watch where peoples eyes go after someone tells a joke, more often than not everyone will dart their eyes to the most attractive, or most liked person to see their reaction before they allow themselves to react

great way of finding out how much value you hold in an interaction and seeing who the power players are

10+ Year Old Account
    Just in their demeanor to you I guess, but hard to tell sometimes. I mean if someone is the quiet sort or simply less social I guess it's probably harder to read. I'm the quiet sort... I've learned to at least try to appear friendly so people realize I don't bite, even if I have a hard time saying hi. Probably safe to assume if someone isn't avoiding you they at least think you're fine to be around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't waste your time wondering/caring what people think about you. It's a headtrip that will just make social interactions awkward. People love people who don't care what other people think of them. If they don't love them, who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I lick everyone.

After I sniff their butt of course.

Also, you just you know..ask them possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    when you are in a group, watch where peoples eyes go after someone tells a joke, more often than not everyone will dart their eyes to the most attractive, or most liked person to see their reaction before they allow themselves to react

great way of finding out how much value you hold in an interaction and seeing who the power players are
    Um..what? I find that everyone's eyes usually go to the person who told the joke. Is there some scientific study behind this or something?

But I do recall learning that peoples eyes dilate when they find someone attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    because i dont wanna be seen as an asshole? and want people to like me? chance for woman to increase affectio nfor me
    If they dont like the real you, then the relationship wont work out well. Youre going to have to live a false life to make them happy and nobody can do that forever

I wouldn't worry about it. Just assume people are fine with you unless they clearly are not.
    The whole key to it all is to have less hangups affect your interaction with other people.

Worrying about what others think is a great way of creating a very negative outcome.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    You're definitely looking too much into it. I leave my devices around friends be they male or female all the time because I trust them to keep it safe and not snoop around. Not that I have anything to hide but yeah.
    am i?

i once saw a friend when she was out in town with some of her friends, called her and told her i see her and she thought i was being creepy :/

when we meet people in group or alone we feel different feelings about different persons. some you don't like, some you like and some you like very much.

but, how to notice what someone think of you without asking? if they like you or dislike you?
    If they're worth spending time with, they will be honest with you. Ask them. That said, I find that if I don't really enjoy spending time with someone, the feeling tends to be mutual. The opposite is also true: if I enjoy spending time with someone, they generally enjoy spending time with me too. In other words, trust your instincts. They're better than you may think.

That said, taking this quote into account... You're probably reading way too much into this. It's just a mobile phone.

If you're interested in someone, ask her out. Be honest and up front with your feelings. If she doesn't share those feelings, oh well, live and learn. Move on. If she does, great, congratulations for you both.

- - - Updated - - -

am i?

i once saw a friend when she was out in town with some of her friends, called her and told her i see her and she thought i was being creepy :/
    ...Yeah that is kind of creepy. Watching someone when they don't know where you are is kind of a power play thing. It brings to mind the whole, 'stalker in the bushes' vibe.

You would've been much better off just going up to her and saying hi, rather than calling her and going 'I see you'. How many horror movies have you seen where the killer makes a creepy phone call to the victims? Lots do it, because it's pretty creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    That said, taking this quote into account... You're probably reading way too much into this. It's just a mobile phone.

If you're interested in someone, ask her out. Be honest and up front with your feelings. If she doesn't share those feelings, oh well, live and learn. Move on. If she does, great, congratulations for you both.
    how do i tell theyre interested without asking? i dont want to make it awkward with her not saying yes :/

am i?

But you could turn that around into being thought of as a dork: "HEY thats not creepy, it's not like I'm waiting for you in the toilet"

It's social interaction. It's a game. Play the game, just don't give up cause someone throws a thrust, you riposte.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.