Page 1 of 225
... LastLast

Bashiok Elaborates on No-Flying in WoD

A lengthy post in which he justifies their decision quite well. All being well, they'll be consistent and not bail-out on the idea.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...flying-mounts/

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He uses a lot of words, yet says nothing.

New tweet; old arguement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone will find a way to oppose that statement. Someone, they always do.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Pretty much. They've had Pandora's box open for so long and yet they are trying to close it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Explaining reasoning is better than giving an outright answer, especially when the community is still trying to figure out what it even wants to do with flying.

This sounds good to me. Sounds like they are really taking this no flying business serious!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    New tweet; old arguement.
    If the old argument is a good argument, there's no need to formulate a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. that at least will make me not buy WoD
    Maybe after flying is allowed I'll buy it
    Pretty much this

ITT: I don't agree with Bashiok's reasoning, so his words amount to "nothing."

He explains exactly why no flying in current content is necessary and his reasoning is solid.

Deleted
    Well done to him ! Go blizz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard seem to be the master of doing this lately with all the "entertainment value" and "fun" they throw around :S

Again i don't care about flying as long as i can use ALL my flying mounts as ground mounts..currently my favorite mounts are all flying only so are useless in bgs yet people who purchase the chromatic dragon can happily ride around in bgs on it 0o

Many words were used to try and give some sort of example. Though much was actually said. As my grandfather as a news editor would say "way too much fluff not enough actual info".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Blizzard seem to be the master of doing this lately with all the "entertainment value" and "fun" they throw around :S
    He did say something. It's just confirmation bias came instead.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a big part of what I can't stand about questing in the first place, let alone not having flying.

"As an example, let us consider a quest to assassinate an enemy leader. From the ground you approach a fort with guards at the gate. You charge and are able to dispatch them and sneak in a side hallway. You methodically take out packs of roaming sentries, and some of them shout at you as they run toward you. You notice they’re in the middle of practicing dark and forbidden magics, and you take a moment to disrupt their ritual. Dashing into the main courtyard you spot your target, sneaking and fighting your way to him--and with a forceful slash--the fort’s captain is vanquished, and as guards are alerted you fight your way out, glorious and triumphant in your success."

All of that bullshit to kill 1 guy. Does it being described as RP make it somehow NOT a pointless time waste?

Here it is in non-RP. You get a quest to kill the leader, go there, kill guards, then packs of sentries, then some magic wielding enemies, then the boss, then as you try to get out to turn in your quest you fight more guards. (and more than likely respawns) To me that is a WHOLE LOT of pointless crap to kill A SINGLE GUY.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't make sense.

Warrior-Magi

This is a big part of what I can't stand about questing in the first place, let alone not having flying.

"As an example, let us consider a quest to assassinate an enemy leader. From the ground you approach a fort with guards at the gate. You charge and are able to dispatch them and sneak in a side hallway. You methodically take out packs of roaming sentries, and some of them shout at you as they run toward you. You notice they’re in the middle of practicing dark and forbidden magics, and you take a moment to disrupt their ritual. Dashing into the main courtyard you spot your target, sneaking and fighting your way to him--and with a forceful slash--the fort’s captain is vanquished, and as guards are alerted you fight your way out, glorious and triumphant in your success."

All of that bullshit to kill 1 guy. Does it being described as RP make it somehow NOT a pointless time waste?

Here it is in non-RP. You get a quest to kill the leader, go there, kill guards, then packs of sentries, then some magic wielding enemies, then the boss, then as you try to get out to turn in your quest you fight more guards. (and more than likely respawns) To me that is a WHOLE LOT of pointless crap to kill A SINGLE GUY.
    Well you are playing a roleplaying game so this shouldn't surprise you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjau View Post
    Well you are playing a roleplaying game so this shouldn't surprise you!
    I only play to raid, so anything that pointlessly slows me down is keeping me from my enjoyment of what I pay a monthly sub for.

Not being able to fly won't affect me. Idgaf I like exploring from the ground. It takes half the fun away being able to fly. I'm always feeling guilty for flying in Pandaria because so much work went into making everything look amazing from the ground and I wish I could experience it all again without having the temptation to use a flying mount.

It actually said a lot was very well said. Was check mate to the people crying for flying mounts. GG

What he said about the Hozen toke me back and reflected on even my own actions...Pretty sad when we get upset when we have to fight something. back in BC i used to cherish it...Now in MoP i dread it..Largely due to the impact of flying and what it's done to are gameplay and thought process. It's a cancer to the game. Glad it's being removed.