Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    That is called waste of time, not min/maxing.
    You might want to look up the definition of min/maxing since you don't seem to know what it means.

lets hope equal so there is no "this is the best race"

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

To be honest with the readjustment / balance of racials it will be a very small advantage, if any. Humans will still pull ahead in PvP but I have faith Blizz will make the gap between racials negligible from a DPS point. Unless you are literally trying to place absolute #1 on world hunter logs, and I mean really top percentile, then the only choice really will be aesthetics.

If your the kind of person who doesn't like that kind of answer here's my advice, wait till late beta or release and I guarantee someone will do the math to see which race has that teensy advantage. If you want to have the best advantage for parsing high or beating the other hunters on your realm I say cheers to your devotion.

To answer your question though I don't see anyone doing that math until at least beta.
    "By the water side I will rest my bones."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    lets hope equal so there is no "this is the best race"
    There will always be one race that's the best, but that might come down to specific fights, class (in this case hunters), spec and gearing. But there will always be one that will do more dps than the others, no matter how small the gap is.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You might want to look up the definition of min/maxing since you don't seem to know what it means.
    If a lesser player like myself, and 99.9% of everybody else min/maxes, it's a waste of time, because the value of it is redundant unless you're trying to push as much deeps (in this case) as possible to get WF or top5. The strategy is mostly there pretty fast but lower ilvls then you should keeps you from getting those last % down. Hence why min/maxing is valuable for them and not for someone who is 578 and is wiping on garrosh because people fail on whatever ability.

I can't be more clear then this, sorry if you still don't understand

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, play what you think looks and feels the best for you. You will enjoy and play that character longer than if you go like... pre-wod Female dwarf or something.

I wish racials had more of a cosmetic or profession based passives over raw damage stats / healing stats as it doesn't encourage people to play what they want if something has an advantage over something else. But to each his own!

That being said, it's too early to tell which races will have the biggest DPS increases. Once more info comes out and open Beta is well, open, then we can give you a more complete answer.

If a lesser player like myself, and 99.9% of everybody else min/maxes, it's a waste of time, because the value of it is redundant unless you're trying to push as much deeps (in this case) as possible to get WF or top5. The strategy is mostly there pretty fast but lower ilvls then you should keeps you from getting those last % down. Hence why min/maxing is valuable for them and not for someone who is 578 and is wiping on garrosh because people fail on whatever ability.

It's not redundant if there's a difference between not doing it, and doing it if you're trying to the best you are.

If your goal is "to do as much damage as possible", then it's not redundant to go for a DPS increase, no matter how small it might be.

It doesn't matter how bad you are/what your gear is like/what you are progressing on/how good you think you are/how good you actually are/what you had for breakfast, min-maxing is still measurable on someone's DPS, and a race change is probably the simplest/easiest minmaxing you can do.

10+ Year Old Account

It's never a waste of time, if you can't seem to get this then I don't know what to say

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    If your goal is "to do as much damage as possible", then it's not redundant to go for a DPS increase, no matter how small it might be..

Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    If you are one of those top-tier raiders, for whom it actually makes a difference, then you would probably have gotten the answer yourself. Racials make such a marginal difference, even more so in WoD, that they are neglectable.

My personal opinion: If you play a race you don't like just for the racials then something is really wrong.
    Actually I'm in the top guild on my server. The fact is top guild or not if you want to perform at your best a 500 dps increase is going to make you change. Going from worgen to Panda was a little over 1k dps increase.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wish they would make racials like professions in WOD, give no dps increase. But as of now they are still going to give them dps racials.
    Last edited by Slot; 2014-04-27 at 06:04 PM.

Even for guilds that are pushing mid- to late-tier heroic content right now, min/maxing can be the difference between their guilds pushing through the last four bosses, especially, or not. There are some very specific dps checks that every ounce of dps will aid them in, especially in guilds that are overhealing (e.g. 8 healers on H Thok, 5-6 healers on H Siegecrafter, 5+ healers on H Paragons). If a guild can get 5+ of their dpsers to do 5%+ more dps per person, this can often be the difference in making the check or not.

If you take the stance that each type of "min/maxing" is a waste of time because each one of those (like race) only add 1% or so, then you will almost certainly miss the aggregate of each of those. The aggregation of min/maxing can be significant. If each person in your raid group is adding a significant percentage to dps through basic min/maxing, then you'll find all content gets easier for the raid group.

Out of curiosity, does your minimum acceptable "min/maxing" before "wasting your time" include food, flasks, socket bonuses, reforging, etc.? I mean just what level of inertia are we talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Even for guilds that are pushing mid- to late-tier heroic content right now, min/maxing can be the difference between their guilds pushing through the last four bosses, especially, or not. There are some very specific dps checks that every ounce of dps will aid them in, especially in guilds that are overhealing (e.g. 8 healers on H Thok, 5-6 healers on H Siegecrafter, 5+ healers on H Paragons). If a guild can get 5+ of their dpsers to do 5%+ more dps per person, this can often be the difference in making the check or not.

If you take the stance that each type of "min/maxing" is a waste of time because each one of those (like race) only add 1% or so, then you will almost certainly miss the aggregate of each of those. The aggregation of min/maxing can be significant. If each person in your raid group is adding a significant percentage to dps through basic min/maxing, then you'll find all content gets easier for the raid group.

Out of curiosity, does your minimum acceptable "min/maxing" before "wasting your time" include food, flasks, socket bonuses, reforging, etc.? I mean just what level of inertia are we talking about here?
    Nah mang, food buffs aren't worth it, it's only like 2.5k DPS which is less than 1%, completely useless.

Well lets just hope that Space Goat for Alliance isn't the best race for hunter next expansion.....

Bring back the nelf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    Well lets just hope that Space Goat for Alliance isn't the best race for hunter next expansion.....
    It will probably be Draeni as BiR, followed by Dwarves. and I'm currently lvling a dwarf hunter for the new expansion, getting really tired of the hunchback hunter I currently have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    It will probably be Draeni as BiR, followed by Dwarves. and I'm currently lvling a dwarf hunter for the new expansion, getting really tired of the hunchback hunter I currently have.
    Wtf is BiR

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Wtf is BiR
    Best in Race, mang. Makes total sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Best in Race, mang. Makes total sense.
    much sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Taking into account loss of crit gains from AGI resulting in lower crit overall, I'm leaning toward either Goblin or Belf for Horde, and Nelf or Human for Alliance, depending on amounts from Human racial.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff