Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Soo many toxic players in this thread. My eyes bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Because flying is a choice, if you don't enjoy it there are ground mounts
    Flying is as much of a "choice" as the toggle-able DS buff.

Would people stay on ground mounts if flying was allowed in battlegrounds?
    No, they wouldn't. Even if it was their stern opinion that BGs are designed to be played on the ground.
    Having to willingly gimp oneself in order to experience content as intended is terrible design.

It's one way or the other. Either you "force" people to experience content as designed, or you let everyone skip it because "choice". No one would fight through a castle when they can safely land on the tower where the boss is. Even if they would enjoy everything from voice acting, scripting and so on between the entrance and final staircase. Players are like electricity, they choose the path of least resistance.

If Blizzard aren't allowed to restrict players, then truly they might as well hand out gear and everything else from a vendor. Why not, people could choose to get them the real way right? Yeah, very likely indeed. And wonder how long they'd stay interested then.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-04-26 at 09:26 AM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

Yay...just what every content starved wow player wanted... a new shop and /or raf mount... They could have easily added a single new world boss and given this mount as a rare drop and it could have encouraged thousands to resub -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yay...just what every content starved wow player wanted... a new shop and /or raf mount... They could have easily added a single new world boss and given this mount as a rare drop and it could have encouraged thousands to resub -.-'
    Yes, thousands of people would resub for an world boss. Good logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Yes, thousands of people would resub for an world boss. Good logic.
    There isn't a a fault in the logic,

People enjoy and therefore sub for content , world boss= content with the least amount of development effort (compared to dungeons,raids etc). Therefore people would sub for a world boss.

Did you see how many people camped the wolf boss in Darkmoon fair in order to get the pet/ transmog, mounts are even more valuable than pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post

Well that fucking does it. I've been suckered (baited really) into buying the expansion, because of a goddamn flying mount of all things. I'll play it till cap with one character, then I'm done with wow.
    .[/SIZE]

I'm sorry you bought WOD expansion I could tell it was gonna be poops with everything that has been shown so far they just wanna nickle and dime us removing something we've had since BC is like making us RP walk everywhere its just insane if it was this bad they should have removed fly back in cata not allow you to fly while questing to max level lol it just made things even more instant gratification. I suggest investing into D3 ROS play that for next 30 days until wildstar headstart or buy FFXIV a realm reborn for about $20 with 30 day gametime included you can try it out also a new patch for it came out lots of new things to do until wildstar comes out. Let wow eat its own words and how it treats the customers like we are dumb.
    4-3-14 - RIP iconic class abilities since vanilla and RIP wow subs. The day millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
    6.0 Patch notes
    Fun- has been removed

you can fit your entire guild on that mount. it gets longer across the body like that horse in the crazy japanese 3d animated horse race movies

looking beyond reality; LA; Complainerville
    Seems like a RaF mount - or a guild achievement raid reward. Either way, its awesome to look at, and I would definitely stop and stare.

Mount collection isn't my thing, but I definitely do enjoy observing and collecting mounts (that aren't exorbitant to say the least) that I can easily attain, with moderate to little effort.

It's always nice to see Blizzard have new content, and at the speed they're doing, I have to give them props, and marvel at their ability to churn and generate content for the player base to consume.

Guess I'm opening my fifth account. That mount is gorgeous!

Why did they even bother making a post about flying in WoD if all they've got is some vague crap?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Flying is as much of a "choice" as the toggle-able DS buff.

Would people stay on ground mounts if flying was allowed in battlegrounds?
    No, they wouldn't. Even if it was their stern opinion that BGs are designed to be played on the ground.
    Having to willingly gimp oneself in order to experience content as intended is terrible design.

It's one way or the other. Either you "force" people to experience content as designed, or you let everyone skip it because "choice". No one would fight through a castle when they can safely land on the tower where the boss is. Even if they would enjoy everything from voice acting, scripting and so on between the entrance and final staircase. Players are like electricity, they choose the path of least resistance.

If Blizzard aren't allowed to restrict players, then truly they might as well hand out gear and everything else from a vendor. Why not, people could choose to get them the real way right? Yeah, very likely indeed. And wonder how long they'd stay interested then.
    Exactly. All of my enjoyment fighting my way through that fort to my assassination target is going to be ruined when before I get to the boss someone sweeps in on their flying mount and steals my kill. I picked up the quest half an hour ago and have just gotten to the boss. The other guy picked up the quest 2 minutes ago and hasn't put in an ounce of effort.

Whether flying is removed or kept in, it isn't a choice. Or at least not a viable choice. Either there's no flying, or there is the option between flying and gimping yourself.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.

World of MountCraft

Flying does not concern me. I will level up and just sit in the city anyway, waiting for my queue to pop, or to be summoned to the raid. I do, however, feel sorry for all the players who think this will make questing past 100 somehow viable. All you will get is a bunch of dailies that you eventually will start hating and that you can't skip, because ground mounts. One thing I learned through the years of playing this game. The people that play the game do not change. You will do the same thing you always do, flying mounts or no flying mounts. Remember what they said about mop? How they would make sure that there was a reason to get out into the world and not sit in 1 place? Yeah that worked out so well. People do what they always do and that's quest to cap, sit in city wait for queue to pop, waiting for a group to form, or waiting for a summon. And if mop is anything to go by, that's a big part of wow players.

I can see where they're coming from, however no flying at max level still sucks. I've cancelled my sub 4 months ago (been active before that continually since burning crusade), and the no-flying-policy is one of those things that make it unlikely I will come back again.

In my opinion the WotLK model was the best: no flying till you reach max level, but afterwards you can buy flying for your main and your toons.

Sneaking through your castle to reach the boss is fine once or twice, but after a while I just want to fly to the boss and kill him. Or farm stuff. Or whatever.
    Dailies are terrible content anyways. I was nearly done with MoP shortly after realease when you had to grind 4+ faction dailies. Several of my friends did indeed quit because of this after checking out MoP for a little while.
    Last edited by Lil; 2014-04-26 at 11:07 AM.

Ofc it's a RAF mount.
    Quarterly sub count is imminent, they want mount buyers to soften the blow lol.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Grunt
    I really dont think this is a RAF-mount. I just think the "best used with friends" shows that its a 2-man mount.

Can't have it both ways, most of the points they are using to dispute having flying mounts in WoD can be used to dispute having instant level 90 yet as we all know when you purchase WoD you get a free instant level 90.

The same reason why they are giving players instant level 90 will be the same reason why 3-4 months into WoD we will able to use flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    How about you stop and think about this. They made this mount to incentivise RAF (which is an attempt to attract new players to the game, a fucking hard thing to do for a 10 year old game incidentally). If they hadn't intended to make it an RAF mount, they would've not created it in the first place. They don't make cool mounts and then decide how to award them. Each one costs art team resource ie time ie money to make. So they start with a reason, and the reason for this one was RAF - new account acquisition.

So your options are not "RAF mount" or "cool sweet awesome boss I can farm for it". Your options are RAF mount or sweet diddly bupkis nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    I don't care about loop-de-loop or "efficient" flight points.
    I don't care about "alternate" means of transportation.
    I don't care about dungeons past the first completion.
    I'll never do any pvp without being forced to
    I've stopped caring about raiding a while ago.
    I don't care to be grounded when I just want to spend a few hours farming some mats, or *gasp* doing archaeology (NEVER ON GROUND MOUNTS, NEVER EVER EVER) while listening to a book and just shutting down my mind for a while.
    I don't care about any quest past the leveling experience, have they learned fucking nothing from the first patch of MoP and the daily mindfuck?
    I absolutely hate the islands and everything they stand for.
    I don't have fun in wow past the initial leveling experience of a new expansion, when everything is new and interesting for a few days.
    I don't log in to wow because I enjoy it, I log in to wow because the sheer amount of resources I've dumped into it over the years, and abandoning it feels akin to hitting an old dog.
    I don't give one single fuck about their design decisions or how they intend people to play the game. I understand their reasoning, but I don't fucking care.

I just can't understand why the fuck they insist on polarizing their players this way when it's not a clear-cut majority that wants to be grounded, it's split pretty equally.

Again and again they've dodged actually answering the question on if they intend to block flying from here on out in all future content. A simple yes or no on 6.1 would have silenced most of these threads/posts, but no, they just "don't know".

Well that fucking does it. I've been suckered (baited really) into buying the expansion, because of a goddamn flying mount of all things. I'll play it till cap with one character, then I'm done with wow.

The most polished nostalgia trip ever kept me going because of the shallow illusion of freedom it had for a while. If I want a generic fantasy mmo that's strictly ground-based, I have so many options it's not even funny. I don't feel like paying €13 each month for something that spits in my face.

/rant over

why the fuck couldn't those old devs just stay the hell away from it...
    It's amazing how angry you are over something that makes almost no difference to the game.

You know they aren't removing any of your flying mounts yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

At least Rorcanna chased away Bizarre Monkey guy so no more insults. I would prefer flying to stay after you reach max level for convenience and admiring beauty of New Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know they aren't removing any of your flying mounts yeah?
    Yea I guess giant cloud serpents will look really good, glued to the ground.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻