Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they even bother making a post about flying in WoD if all they've got is some vague crap?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Flying is as much of a "choice" as the toggle-able DS buff.

Would people stay on ground mounts if flying was allowed in battlegrounds?
    No, they wouldn't. Even if it was their stern opinion that BGs are designed to be played on the ground.
    Having to willingly gimp oneself in order to experience content as intended is terrible design.

It's one way or the other. Either you "force" people to experience content as designed, or you let everyone skip it because "choice". No one would fight through a castle when they can safely land on the tower where the boss is. Even if they would enjoy everything from voice acting, scripting and so on between the entrance and final staircase. Players are like electricity, they choose the path of least resistance.

If Blizzard aren't allowed to restrict players, then truly they might as well hand out gear and everything else from a vendor. Why not, people could choose to get them the real way right? Yeah, very likely indeed. And wonder how long they'd stay interested then.
    Exactly. All of my enjoyment fighting my way through that fort to my assassination target is going to be ruined when before I get to the boss someone sweeps in on their flying mount and steals my kill. I picked up the quest half an hour ago and have just gotten to the boss. The other guy picked up the quest 2 minutes ago and hasn't put in an ounce of effort.

Whether flying is removed or kept in, it isn't a choice. Or at least not a viable choice. Either there's no flying, or there is the option between flying and gimping yourself.

World of MountCraft

Deleted
    Flying does not concern me. I will level up and just sit in the city anyway, waiting for my queue to pop, or to be summoned to the raid. I do, however, feel sorry for all the players who think this will make questing past 100 somehow viable. All you will get is a bunch of dailies that you eventually will start hating and that you can't skip, because ground mounts. One thing I learned through the years of playing this game. The people that play the game do not change. You will do the same thing you always do, flying mounts or no flying mounts. Remember what they said about mop? How they would make sure that there was a reason to get out into the world and not sit in 1 place? Yeah that worked out so well. People do what they always do and that's quest to cap, sit in city wait for queue to pop, waiting for a group to form, or waiting for a summon. And if mop is anything to go by, that's a big part of wow players.

I can see where they're coming from, however no flying at max level still sucks. I've cancelled my sub 4 months ago (been active before that continually since burning crusade), and the no-flying-policy is one of those things that make it unlikely I will come back again.

In my opinion the WotLK model was the best: no flying till you reach max level, but afterwards you can buy flying for your main and your toons.

Sneaking through your castle to reach the boss is fine once or twice, but after a while I just want to fly to the boss and kill him. Or farm stuff. Or whatever.
    Dailies are terrible content anyways. I was nearly done with MoP shortly after realease when you had to grind 4+ faction dailies. Several of my friends did indeed quit because of this after checking out MoP for a little while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc it's a RAF mount.
    Quarterly sub count is imminent, they want mount buyers to soften the blow lol.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really dont think this is a RAF-mount. I just think the "best used with friends" shows that its a 2-man mount.

Deleted
    Can't have it both ways, most of the points they are using to dispute having flying mounts in WoD can be used to dispute having instant level 90 yet as we all know when you purchase WoD you get a free instant level 90.

The same reason why they are giving players instant level 90 will be the same reason why 3-4 months into WoD we will able to use flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yay...just what every content starved wow player wanted... a new shop and /or raf mount... They could have easily added a single new world boss and given this mount as a rare drop and it could have encouraged thousands to resub -.-'
    How about you stop and think about this. They made this mount to incentivise RAF (which is an attempt to attract new players to the game, a fucking hard thing to do for a 10 year old game incidentally). If they hadn't intended to make it an RAF mount, they would've not created it in the first place. They don't make cool mounts and then decide how to award them. Each one costs art team resource ie time ie money to make. So they start with a reason, and the reason for this one was RAF - new account acquisition.

So your options are not "RAF mount" or "cool sweet awesome boss I can farm for it". Your options are RAF mount or sweet diddly bupkis nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    I don't care about loop-de-loop or "efficient" flight points.
    I don't care about "alternate" means of transportation.
    I don't care about dungeons past the first completion.
    I'll never do any pvp without being forced to
    I've stopped caring about raiding a while ago.
    I don't care to be grounded when I just want to spend a few hours farming some mats, or *gasp* doing archaeology (NEVER ON GROUND MOUNTS, NEVER EVER EVER) while listening to a book and just shutting down my mind for a while.
    I don't care about any quest past the leveling experience, have they learned fucking nothing from the first patch of MoP and the daily mindfuck?
    I absolutely hate the islands and everything they stand for.
    I don't have fun in wow past the initial leveling experience of a new expansion, when everything is new and interesting for a few days.
    I don't log in to wow because I enjoy it, I log in to wow because the sheer amount of resources I've dumped into it over the years, and abandoning it feels akin to hitting an old dog.
    I don't give one single fuck about their design decisions or how they intend people to play the game. I understand their reasoning, but I don't fucking care.

I just can't understand why the fuck they insist on polarizing their players this way when it's not a clear-cut majority that wants to be grounded, it's split pretty equally.

Again and again they've dodged actually answering the question on if they intend to block flying from here on out in all future content. A simple yes or no on 6.1 would have silenced most of these threads/posts, but no, they just "don't know".

Well that fucking does it. I've been suckered (baited really) into buying the expansion, because of a goddamn flying mount of all things. I'll play it till cap with one character, then I'm done with wow.

The most polished nostalgia trip ever kept me going because of the shallow illusion of freedom it had for a while. If I want a generic fantasy mmo that's strictly ground-based, I have so many options it's not even funny. I don't feel like paying €13 each month for something that spits in my face.

/rant over

why the fuck couldn't those old devs just stay the hell away from it...
    It's amazing how angry you are over something that makes almost no difference to the game.

You know they aren't removing any of your flying mounts yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

At least Rorcanna chased away Bizarre Monkey guy so no more insults. I would prefer flying to stay after you reach max level for convenience and admiring beauty of New Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yea I guess giant cloud serpents will look really good, glued to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    I really feel sorry for you for you are the one whining and complaining. I'm old enough to UNDERSTAND what is right and what is deceiving. I'm not a sheep like you. There has been no shred of proof why this feature is being removed. Why all of a sudden the change? Burning crusade and Lich king had no problems with it because we had to level up 10 lvs. The problem was with Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria where we were only leveling 5 levels which we burned through fast. That was there problem on why people were getting through the content fast. So tell me what are you afraid of? That people will wise up for the first time since this game was released and go play something else and ruin you gaming experience with those you raid with. I"m paying for a FULL gaming experience. Correction. WE ARE ALL PAYING for a full gaming experience and we as customers should get that.

You know what I really see happening. Remember this, OK. What BLIZZARD is really doing is that they are going to charge you the LOYAL consumer 25 bucks in there store to use flying mounts. This is there plan. I have foreseen this and everyone better be prepared for this for if you buy this feature you are a bunch of idiots.
    Being old enough to have an independent thought is no guarantee it will be correct. There is a significant amount of proof that flight trivializes leveling content. Examples like the quest-target captain in the courtyard are common. When you take an alt through TBC now that outland flying is allowed at L60, the impact is extremely noticeable. Every class becomes the equiv of a stealth class but with zero chance of being detected and attacked by adds that arent within aggro range of the target.

When TBC was new, the FULL game required questing from the ground til L70 (L68 for druids and let me vouch for the fact that flightform felt like cheating for 2 levels). When LK was new, the FULL game required grounded questing until L78 and they used lots of caves, tunnels and buildings to force ground questing in many of the upper level quest areas. Cata was not grounded other than as a gold sink and questing was much easier in some areas because of it. MoP was forced grounding until 90 as well and many quests become trivial as soon as the toon obtains flight.

No question that flying is a lot better than sightseeing flight point travel... It definitely is. They could fix that; sounds like that is part of the WoD design plan. Doubt they will change any paths in previous content. Even less chance that any kind of flight restrictions are added there either. Blizz gets nothing from changing those areas except for making them easier to powerlevel alts.

This could the first xpac where flight has a much higher entry barrier set... Something akin to a maxxing rep in multiple factions, or it may be blocked until the following xpac. It would be nice if they came up with another tech that made flying risky. Your energy would be far better spent suggesting innovative ideas for that rather than fantasizing about some conspiracy to make pay extra cash to break the WoD questing content. Too many employed players like me would gladly screw the rest of the player base in a heartbeat. Just because Blizz is right about flight, wouldnt stop me from abusing it ;-)

This wall of text just to tell us that they weren't able to develop good content designed around flying mounts, the very concept of flying mount as been developed just as a mean to skip something intested of a thing that add another dimension to content

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    [[...]
    It's amazing how angry you are over something that makes almost no difference to the game.

Oh no, I'm not angry. I was angry, then seething, now I'm just looking incredulously at a set of vague, irrelevant lawyer-speak that, in essence, tells me they don't really give a shit about people's opinions on the matter, and just say "you'll do what we want".

If this were a single-player offline game, they'd be in their right to make a game conform to their vision, I'd also be in my right not to buy said game. As it stands, this is a player-driven game, but let's just ignore that for now.

The mounts themselves are irrelevant. It's removing their true use from all future "current" content that irks me. I don't care to use a giant dragon and crawl on it's belly while being dazed by everything in sight.

I could go on and on about how completely unimportant their wishes are to many people, but I just can't be bothered. I've played this game for 8 years, and would have continued just out of boredom with everything else, but there was a straw, and a camel, and now there's a pile of broken biomass lying on the ground, and I'm just tired of it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    So every 3 months we are getting a new store mount or RAF? Fucking hell. Maybe its time to quit wow.

My money can best be spent elsewhere than on a stupid fucking game that keeps throwing the things I love into the store.
    Because WoW is all about mounts, right ?

Deleted

lol?

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    what the fuck are they doing, 100% sure this cost us another raid tier.
    another kiddo

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Because WoW is all about mounts, right ?
    You'd be surprised. Also pets, and gear models.

calling it.

It will be a reward for having 100 friends on battle.net

I don't have fun in wow past the initial leveling experience of a new expansion, when everything is new and interesting for a few days.
    Then one could argue the impact of flying mounts beyond 100 is of no matter to you, since either way you're unhappy the result is the same.

I don't care to be grounded when I just want to spend a few hours farming some mats, or *gasp* doing archaeology (NEVER ON GROUND MOUNTS, NEVER EVER EVER) while listening to a book and just shutting down my mind for a while.
    You're saying you'll do archaeology "NEVER ON GROUND MOUNTS, NEVER EVER EVER" on the basis of how archaeology has been designed (with flying in mind), with archaeology being designed for ground based mounts maybe it won't be a matter of hoping from one side of the zone to the other through dense jungle but instead from one area to the next one over. Ironically to your argument archaeology is one of the few things that should improve massively if it's no longer a 5 minute flight between areas and instead a 2 minute mount run.

Well that fucking does it. I've been suckered (baited really) into buying the expansion, because of a goddamn flying mount of all things. I'll play it till cap with one character, then I'm done with wow.
    See you in patch 6.1

Oh no, I'm not angry. I was angry, then seething, now I'm just looking incredulously at a set of vague, irrelevant lawyer-speak
    If you think it's lawyer-speak then I'd hazard a guess to say you don't work in any time critical or IT based area at all.

For example there might be an outage, a router goes offline, the people affected might ask: Do you have an ETA of how long until it's back up?

This isn't maintenance so I effectively have no ETA beyond ASAP, it might be 5 minutes or it might be a week depending on how deep the problem is, so when I say 'we're working as hard as possible to get the site back up and running, we have no ETA at this time', you might see that as lawyer-speak, reality is that I've not got a stop watch counting down the time until the issue magically fixes itself.

In this case Blizzard are saying they're going to trial it, they will gauge the reaction of the masses and if the masses turn off ala Cata they will likely turn flying back on later in the expansion depending on how soon the content they've designed can handle it, if the masses don't have a problem with it or they find people actually enjoy it, there's a good chance it may stay off for longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Oh no, I'm not angry. I was angry, then seething, now I'm just looking incredulously at a set of vague, irrelevant lawyer-speak that, in essence, tells me they don't really give a shit about people's opinions on the matter, and just say "you'll do what we want".

If this were a single-player offline game, they'd be in their right to make a game conform to their vision, I'd also be in my right not to buy said game. As it stands, this is a player-driven game, but let's just ignore that for now.

The mounts themselves are irrelevant. It's removing their true use from all future "current" content that irks me. I don't care to use a giant dragon and crawl on it's belly while being dazed by everything in sight.

I could go on and on about how completely unimportant their wishes are to many people, but I just can't be bothered. I've played this game for 8 years, and would have continued just out of boredom with everything else, but there was a straw, and a camel, and now there's a pile of broken biomass lying on the ground, and I'm just tired of it all.
    But you do realize that your opinion on the matter, and those like it, are merely one side of the debate? Do you not understand that players on the other side have have been campaigning for the removal of flying mounts, and/or voicing their concerns over what they did to the game for quite some time?

You're correct. This is a Player driven game, and yes, Blizzard do give 2 shit's about players opinions, however, it is quite literally impossible to please everyone. There's always 2 sides to every coin, and as such, any changes to this game will effect both sides. One positive, the other negative.

You're on the pissed off side this time round, and are free to voice your opinion, add to the debate, and if you so chose, quit the game. But don't act like Blizzard are doing this just to spite you and other who share your opinion. A lot of us are quite happy about the change, or atleast excited for "what might be" (especially after the recent Blue post), so maybe, perhaps maybe, Blizzard did listen to players concerns, they just didn't listen to yours.

And lets not forget, people prefer to bitch more than they praise, so it's no surprise these forums are always full of bitching