Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer3 View Post
    Ah shit! I don't have friends...
    Buy another WoW and recruite yourself. Just a matter of money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Because WoW is all about mounts, right ?
    For mount collectors it's a major part, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    calling it.
    It will be a reward for having 100 friends on battle.net
    So everyone who is using oQ?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

YIIIPPPEEEEE! I can't gather my herb but at least I get 3 Silver and some grey mace

Deleted
    So... wasnt RAF retired ? think there were a bluepost about removing RAF, since it didnt server a purpose anymore, because of the 90 boost ..?! or am i totally wrong here ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlayZin View Post
    YIIIPPPEEEEE! I can't gather my herb but at least I get 3 Silver and some grey mace
    Why would you not be able to gather your herb? Herbalism has been in the game since beta, and I'm pretty certain people were collecting herbs prior to flying mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Then one could argue the impact of flying mounts beyond 100 is of no matter to you, since either way you're unhappy the result is the same.
    It's a theme park, there's always something to do. Reputations to top off, mounts to hunt (.......), gear models to get. But that's the thing, it's something to do, not necessarily fun. And everything I do is directly influenced by "flying mounts" at level cap.
    You're saying you'll do archaeology "NEVER ON GROUND MOUNTS, NEVER EVER EVER" on the basis of how archaeology has been designed (with flying in mind), with archaeology being designed for ground based mounts maybe it won't be a matter of hoping from one side of the zone to the other through dense jungle but instead from one area to the next one over. Ironically to your argument archaeology is one of the few things that should improve massively if it's no longer a 5 minute flight between areas and instead a 2 minute mount run.
    Never count on Blizzard to correct bad design decisions, it will always end in tears. I cannot see them ever changing an entire profession and make it behave logically because of a brain-fart decision.
    See you in patch 6.1
    Absolutely, if they get their shit together and scrap the whole thing. If it's more like Isle of Thunder, I'll pass. I've skipped that tier in MoP as well, only returning for SoO and flash-gearing alts.

As long as everyone gets grounded or everyone gets flying it doesn't matter, if it's even playing grounds then it's not a problem. Is it a potential step back in terms of quality of life? Yes. But that doesn't mean that it'll make the game worse, it means that you have to play a bit more to do things and that's good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    calling it.

It will be a reward for having 100 friends on battle.net
    This makes no sense, it brings 0 revenue for Blizzard.
    It's going to be some Recruit a friend/Scroll of Rez bullshit to make people play/buy new accounts during this inbetween expansions, 0 content period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    But you do realize that your opinion on the matter, and those like it, are merely one side of the debate? Do you not understand that players on the other side have have been campaigning for the removal of flying mounts, and/or voicing their concerns over what they did to the game for quite some time?
    I absolutely understand there are 2 sides here. But this whole matter should not have been a binary decision. This is not a black/white problem. The people that have campaigned for the death of flight have always been in a minority (vocal majority though), so it is astounding that they've decided to change this NOW. I am convinced it's the old guard back in the dev team swinging their dicks around giving orders... or some similar behind the scenes thing.
    ou're correct. This is a Player driven game, and yes, Blizzard do give 2 shit's about players opinions, however, it is quite literally impossible to please everyone. There's always 2 sides to every coin, and as such, any changes to this game will effect both sides. One positive, the other negative.
    Again, this should not have been a binary change.
    You're on the pissed off side this time round, and are free to voice your opinion, add to the debate, and if you so chose, quit the game. But don't act like Blizzard are doing this just to spite you and other who share your opinion. A lot of us are quite happy about the change, or atleast excited for "what might be" (especially after the recent Blue post), so maybe, perhaps maybe, Blizzard did listen to players concerns, they just didn't listen to yours.

And lets not forget, people prefer to bitch more than they praise, so it's no surprise these forums are always full of bitching
    Absolutely, and as I've mentioned, after consuming the leveling experience I'm out; unless the beta testing reveals some enlightening results to them. If it turns out that, indeed, the majority likes limited mobility, then by all means enjoy yourselves, all the power to you.

Besides the delightfully responsive character control and flying mounts, wow is really just a bog standard mmo, albeit with an expert team behind it. So sticking around when there are alternatives seems fruitless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    what the fuck are they doing, 100% sure this cost us another raid tier.
    i literally laughed out hard.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    Well, in their fortress example "flying" could be easily substituted with "stealth". Does this mean they are removing this mechaincs from rogues and druids in WoD? One would logically assume so, because it does exactly the same "wrong" thing as flying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post

So everyone who is using oQ?
    You don't clean out the oQ friends every time you shut the addon down?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirra View Post
    Well, in their fortress example "flying" could be easily substituted with "stealth". Does this mean they are removing this mechaincs from rogues and druids in WoD? One would logically assume so, because it does exactly the same "wrong" thing as flying...
    What are you doing with mobs that see you regardless?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Well my account is unsubbed just now and if they don't confirm flying mounts for cap or moving forward very soon after release I think I'm not coming back. This expansion is not impressive, I'm a very keen fan of the world and its games, art and stories. I feel this expansion is big let down

This is just another bit on top of the other stuff that is finally turning me away, its not that I've found another MMO to play. I just dont want to sink more time than I have to, let face it folks there is few things in our lives that we cant get back.

Our time living is short, some would say gaming isn't using it smartly but if you do... it better be a good game for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    It's a theme park, there's always something to do. Reputations to top off, mounts to hunt (.......), gear models to get. But that's the thing, it's something to do, not necessarily fun. And everything I do is directly influenced by "flying mounts" at level cap.
    But you said you're unhappy after you reach level 100, so whether you get a buggy driving you round the theme park or have to walk you're still unhappy, net result is the same outcome.

Never count on Blizzard to correct bad design decisions, it will always end in tears. I cannot see them ever changing an entire profession and make it behave logically because of a brain-fart decision.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    None of this is new philosophy; it's something we've maintained since Burning Crusade when flight was introduced, but it has evolved over the years, and I expect it to continue to be—like everything we do—an iterative process. And hopefully this has been at least marginally informative.
    They have spent years trying to fix the problem and you call it a "brain-fart decision".

Secondly you make it sound like if they keep dig sites at the same relative travel time it's a major change for the profession, which it isn't.

Absolutely, if they get their shit together and scrap the whole thing.
    Which would coincidentally be a brain-fart decision, particularly because they haven't finished an iteration on it yet and would be basing that decision not on direct feedback from people experiencing what it's like, but on what people think it will be like.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” - Henry Ford or someone in the early car industry.

If it's more like Isle of Thunder, I'll pass. I've skipped that tier in MoP as well, only returning for SoO and flash-gearing alts.
    I have no idea what it'll be like, but I'm trying to keep an open mind since MOP was better than Cata and WOTLK for me and if I had accurate memories of TBC I'm certain they'd be near equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

crazy looking mount!

I hope they will remove flying mounts entirely.

WTB country without stupid laws so i can recruit friends (myself)

After that long rant telling us no flying in Draenor they show us a new mount that I will bet will fly.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I am probably going to get flamed, I am happy they are being dismissive. They need to stop listening to the customer because you know what? We are not right, ever! We are wrong and we know it but because we pay we think we are entitled to things. Flying is one of the things (along with difficulty) I am fine with them ignoring player opinion on. Players need to learn that we are not the be all end all and Blizzard has the final say for a reason, they are making the game they want to make, not the game we want to make.

inb4 1 million comments say "Thats fine they can do that but they wont have my money xD"

Blizzard is rich, they don't care, I don't care, go be toxic in LoL or some other MOBA like the rest of the teenagers.

Literally, it reads WITH FRIENDS You are about the 6th or 7th person who didn't even read the post and just said its a store mount. Go away.
    WRONG!!!

They incorporated flying in the game and the audience embraced it. It is actually their own fault that they do not design the content with flying in mind!!! Not only to fly in the world but also to make flying dangerous to your "repair bill" and "time wasted" due to corpse runs in selected content!

They made flying a convenience to and for everything! That's Blizzard developers biggest mistake!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bravo. I hope Blizz will do what is best for the game, no matter how loudly we scream.

It saddens me that people can hate the idea of change so bitterly that they can't see that it's actually good for them. It's as if the whole point of WoW was efficiency. I think WoW is about community and problem solving. You realize you need to know what buttons to press to not die, and you realize that even if you do press the right buttons you still won't be able to complete certain tasks. I believe flying and trivializing the leveling experience have trained players to prefer efficiency over experience. It's exciting to see the game take a big step in the direction of repairs.

Don't know if someone already said this but here goes, maybe its from the hearthstone fireside gathering promotion that started today.