Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    I really feel sorry for you for you are the one whining and complaining. I'm old enough to UNDERSTAND what is right and what is deceiving. I'm not a sheep like you. There has been no shred of proof why this feature is being removed. Why all of a sudden the change? Burning crusade and Lich king had no problems with it because we had to level up 10 lvs. The problem was with Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria where we were only leveling 5 levels which we burned through fast. That was there problem on why people were getting through the content fast. So tell me what are you afraid of? That people will wise up for the first time since this game was released and go play something else and ruin you gaming experience with those you raid with. I"m paying for a FULL gaming experience. Correction. WE ARE ALL PAYING for a full gaming experience and we as customers should get that.

    You know what I really see happening. Remember this, OK. What BLIZZARD is really doing is that they are going to charge you the LOYAL consumer 25 bucks in there store to use flying mounts. This is there plan. I have foreseen this and everyone better be prepared for this for if you buy this feature you are a bunch of idiots.
    Being old enough to have an independent thought is no guarantee it will be correct. There is a significant amount of proof that flight trivializes leveling content. Examples like the quest-target captain in the courtyard are common. When you take an alt through TBC now that outland flying is allowed at L60, the impact is extremely noticeable. Every class becomes the equiv of a stealth class but with zero chance of being detected and attacked by adds that arent within aggro range of the target.

    When TBC was new, the FULL game required questing from the ground til L70 (L68 for druids and let me vouch for the fact that flightform felt like cheating for 2 levels). When LK was new, the FULL game required grounded questing until L78 and they used lots of caves, tunnels and buildings to force ground questing in many of the upper level quest areas. Cata was not grounded other than as a gold sink and questing was much easier in some areas because of it. MoP was forced grounding until 90 as well and many quests become trivial as soon as the toon obtains flight.


    No question that flying is a lot better than sightseeing flight point travel... It definitely is. They could fix that; sounds like that is part of the WoD design plan. Doubt they will change any paths in previous content. Even less chance that any kind of flight restrictions are added there either. Blizz gets nothing from changing those areas except for making them easier to powerlevel alts.

    This could the first xpac where flight has a much higher entry barrier set... Something akin to a maxxing rep in multiple factions, or it may be blocked until the following xpac. It would be nice if they came up with another tech that made flying risky. Your energy would be far better spent suggesting innovative ideas for that rather than fantasizing about some conspiracy to make pay extra cash to break the WoD questing content. Too many employed players like me would gladly screw the rest of the player base in a heartbeat. Just because Blizz is right about flight, wouldnt stop me from abusing it ;-)

  2. #282
    This wall of text just to tell us that they weren't able to develop good content designed around flying mounts, the very concept of flying mount as been developed just as a mean to skip something intested of a thing that add another dimension to content

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    [[...]
    It's amazing how angry you are over something that makes almost no difference to the game.

    You know they aren't removing any of your flying mounts yeah?
    Oh no, I'm not angry. I was angry, then seething, now I'm just looking incredulously at a set of vague, irrelevant lawyer-speak that, in essence, tells me they don't really give a shit about people's opinions on the matter, and just say "you'll do what we want".

    If this were a single-player offline game, they'd be in their right to make a game conform to their vision, I'd also be in my right not to buy said game. As it stands, this is a player-driven game, but let's just ignore that for now.

    The mounts themselves are irrelevant. It's removing their true use from all future "current" content that irks me. I don't care to use a giant dragon and crawl on it's belly while being dazed by everything in sight.

    I could go on and on about how completely unimportant their wishes are to many people, but I just can't be bothered. I've played this game for 8 years, and would have continued just out of boredom with everything else, but there was a straw, and a camel, and now there's a pile of broken biomass lying on the ground, and I'm just tired of it all.
    Last edited by Ærion; 2014-04-26 at 11:39 AM.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    So every 3 months we are getting a new store mount or RAF? Fucking hell. Maybe its time to quit wow.

    My money can best be spent elsewhere than on a stupid fucking game that keeps throwing the things I love into the store.
    Because WoW is all about mounts, right ?

  5. #285

    lol?

    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    what the fuck are they doing, 100% sure this cost us another raid tier.
    another kiddo

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Because WoW is all about mounts, right ?
    You'd be surprised. Also pets, and gear models.

  7. #287
    calling it.

    It will be a reward for having 100 friends on battle.net

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    I don't have fun in wow past the initial leveling experience of a new expansion, when everything is new and interesting for a few days.
    Then one could argue the impact of flying mounts beyond 100 is of no matter to you, since either way you're unhappy the result is the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    I don't care to be grounded when I just want to spend a few hours farming some mats, or *gasp* doing archaeology (NEVER ON GROUND MOUNTS, NEVER EVER EVER) while listening to a book and just shutting down my mind for a while.
    You're saying you'll do archaeology "NEVER ON GROUND MOUNTS, NEVER EVER EVER" on the basis of how archaeology has been designed (with flying in mind), with archaeology being designed for ground based mounts maybe it won't be a matter of hoping from one side of the zone to the other through dense jungle but instead from one area to the next one over. Ironically to your argument archaeology is one of the few things that should improve massively if it's no longer a 5 minute flight between areas and instead a 2 minute mount run.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Well that fucking does it. I've been suckered (baited really) into buying the expansion, because of a goddamn flying mount of all things. I'll play it till cap with one character, then I'm done with wow.
    See you in patch 6.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Oh no, I'm not angry. I was angry, then seething, now I'm just looking incredulously at a set of vague, irrelevant lawyer-speak
    If you think it's lawyer-speak then I'd hazard a guess to say you don't work in any time critical or IT based area at all.

    For example there might be an outage, a router goes offline, the people affected might ask: Do you have an ETA of how long until it's back up?

    This isn't maintenance so I effectively have no ETA beyond ASAP, it might be 5 minutes or it might be a week depending on how deep the problem is, so when I say 'we're working as hard as possible to get the site back up and running, we have no ETA at this time', you might see that as lawyer-speak, reality is that I've not got a stop watch counting down the time until the issue magically fixes itself.

    In this case Blizzard are saying they're going to trial it, they will gauge the reaction of the masses and if the masses turn off ala Cata they will likely turn flying back on later in the expansion depending on how soon the content they've designed can handle it, if the masses don't have a problem with it or they find people actually enjoy it, there's a good chance it may stay off for longer.
    Last edited by IKT; 2014-04-26 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one.
    Date Posted: 20/8/14
    Review: 20/8/16

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Turtle. According to your account records an authenticator was not attached to the account until after the compromise.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Oh no, I'm not angry. I was angry, then seething, now I'm just looking incredulously at a set of vague, irrelevant lawyer-speak that, in essence, tells me they don't really give a shit about people's opinions on the matter, and just say "you'll do what we want".

    If this were a single-player offline game, they'd be in their right to make a game conform to their vision, I'd also be in my right not to buy said game. As it stands, this is a player-driven game, but let's just ignore that for now.

    The mounts themselves are irrelevant. It's removing their true use from all future "current" content that irks me. I don't care to use a giant dragon and crawl on it's belly while being dazed by everything in sight.

    I could go on and on about how completely unimportant their wishes are to many people, but I just can't be bothered. I've played this game for 8 years, and would have continued just out of boredom with everything else, but there was a straw, and a camel, and now there's a pile of broken biomass lying on the ground, and I'm just tired of it all.
    But you do realize that your opinion on the matter, and those like it, are merely one side of the debate? Do you not understand that players on the other side have have been campaigning for the removal of flying mounts, and/or voicing their concerns over what they did to the game for quite some time?

    You're correct. This is a Player driven game, and yes, Blizzard do give 2 shit's about players opinions, however, it is quite literally impossible to please everyone. There's always 2 sides to every coin, and as such, any changes to this game will effect both sides. One positive, the other negative.

    You're on the pissed off side this time round, and are free to voice your opinion, add to the debate, and if you so chose, quit the game. But don't act like Blizzard are doing this just to spite you and other who share your opinion. A lot of us are quite happy about the change, or atleast excited for "what might be" (especially after the recent Blue post), so maybe, perhaps maybe, Blizzard did listen to players concerns, they just didn't listen to yours.

    And lets not forget, people prefer to bitch more than they praise, so it's no surprise these forums are always full of bitching
    Last edited by Dakara; 2014-04-26 at 11:48 AM.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer3 View Post
    Ah shit! I don't have friends...
    Buy another WoW and recruite yourself. Just a matter of money.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Because WoW is all about mounts, right ?
    For mount collectors it's a major part, yes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    calling it.
    It will be a reward for having 100 friends on battle.net
    So everyone who is using oQ?




  11. #291
    YIIIPPPEEEEE! I can't gather my herb but at least I get 3 Silver and some grey mace

  12. #292
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    291
    So... wasnt RAF retired ? think there were a bluepost about removing RAF, since it didnt server a purpose anymore, because of the 90 boost ..?! or am i totally wrong here ?

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by BlayZin View Post
    YIIIPPPEEEEE! I can't gather my herb but at least I get 3 Silver and some grey mace
    Why would you not be able to gather your herb? Herbalism has been in the game since beta, and I'm pretty certain people were collecting herbs prior to flying mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one.
    Date Posted: 20/8/14
    Review: 20/8/16

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Turtle. According to your account records an authenticator was not attached to the account until after the compromise.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Then one could argue the impact of flying mounts beyond 100 is of no matter to you, since either way you're unhappy the result is the same.
    It's a theme park, there's always something to do. Reputations to top off, mounts to hunt (.......), gear models to get. But that's the thing, it's something to do, not necessarily fun. And everything I do is directly influenced by "flying mounts" at level cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    You're saying you'll do archaeology "NEVER ON GROUND MOUNTS, NEVER EVER EVER" on the basis of how archaeology has been designed (with flying in mind), with archaeology being designed for ground based mounts maybe it won't be a matter of hoping from one side of the zone to the other through dense jungle but instead from one area to the next one over. Ironically to your argument archaeology is one of the few things that should improve massively if it's no longer a 5 minute flight between areas and instead a 2 minute mount run.
    Never count on Blizzard to correct bad design decisions, it will always end in tears. I cannot see them ever changing an entire profession and make it behave logically because of a brain-fart decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    See you in patch 6.1
    Absolutely, if they get their shit together and scrap the whole thing. If it's more like Isle of Thunder, I'll pass. I've skipped that tier in MoP as well, only returning for SoO and flash-gearing alts.

  15. #295
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,707
    As long as everyone gets grounded or everyone gets flying it doesn't matter, if it's even playing grounds then it's not a problem. Is it a potential step back in terms of quality of life? Yes. But that doesn't mean that it'll make the game worse, it means that you have to play a bit more to do things and that's good.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    calling it.

    It will be a reward for having 100 friends on battle.net
    This makes no sense, it brings 0 revenue for Blizzard.
    It's going to be some Recruit a friend/Scroll of Rez bullshit to make people play/buy new accounts during this inbetween expansions, 0 content period.
    Last edited by Fool; 2014-04-26 at 12:05 PM.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    But you do realize that your opinion on the matter, and those like it, are merely one side of the debate? Do you not understand that players on the other side have have been campaigning for the removal of flying mounts, and/or voicing their concerns over what they did to the game for quite some time?
    I absolutely understand there are 2 sides here. But this whole matter should not have been a binary decision. This is not a black/white problem. The people that have campaigned for the death of flight have always been in a minority (vocal majority though), so it is astounding that they've decided to change this NOW. I am convinced it's the old guard back in the dev team swinging their dicks around giving orders... or some similar behind the scenes thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    ou're correct. This is a Player driven game, and yes, Blizzard do give 2 shit's about players opinions, however, it is quite literally impossible to please everyone. There's always 2 sides to every coin, and as such, any changes to this game will effect both sides. One positive, the other negative.
    Again, this should not have been a binary change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    You're on the pissed off side this time round, and are free to voice your opinion, add to the debate, and if you so chose, quit the game. But don't act like Blizzard are doing this just to spite you and other who share your opinion. A lot of us are quite happy about the change, or atleast excited for "what might be" (especially after the recent Blue post), so maybe, perhaps maybe, Blizzard did listen to players concerns, they just didn't listen to yours.

    And lets not forget, people prefer to bitch more than they praise, so it's no surprise these forums are always full of bitching
    Absolutely, and as I've mentioned, after consuming the leveling experience I'm out; unless the beta testing reveals some enlightening results to them. If it turns out that, indeed, the majority likes limited mobility, then by all means enjoy yourselves, all the power to you.

    Besides the delightfully responsive character control and flying mounts, wow is really just a bog standard mmo, albeit with an expert team behind it. So sticking around when there are alternatives seems fruitless.
    Last edited by Ærion; 2014-04-26 at 12:08 PM.

  18. #298
    Dreadlord Huntermyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    orgrimmar
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    what the fuck are they doing, 100% sure this cost us another raid tier.
    i literally laughed out hard.

  19. #299
    Well, in their fortress example "flying" could be easily substituted with "stealth". Does this mean they are removing this mechaincs from rogues and druids in WoD? One would logically assume so, because it does exactly the same "wrong" thing as flying...

  20. #300
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    16,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post

    So everyone who is using oQ?
    You don't clean out the oQ friends every time you shut the addon down?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirra View Post
    Well, in their fortress example "flying" could be easily substituted with "stealth". Does this mean they are removing this mechaincs from rogues and druids in WoD? One would logically assume so, because it does exactly the same "wrong" thing as flying...
    What are you doing with mobs that see you regardless?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •