Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    After that long rant telling us no flying in Draenor they show us a new mount that I will bet will fly.
    thats why they still don't say if the whole no flying thing is permanent or not, gotta make that money as long as possible with flying mounts and pre-orders.

Would be nice if they gave out really cool mounts to people that have actually stayed loyal to te game...

The way I see it people cried or should I say a percentage cried that they loved early stages of WOW now I wonder if any of those same people will support this choice by the Developers. Personally it will make the game somewhat better like they said there will be more of a thought process on killing objectives then simply jumping on your flying mount kill and fly away. I have been playing since my guild farmed ZG way back when to me this will bring some of the OLD style of playing.

I got a simple solution for Blizzard and community..

Allow flying in a zone as long as you don't have a quest for it and are not PVP flagged (Or if you hit someone you get a 30min de-buff you cant fly for).

This way those who want to "take the game slow" (Yeah right there is taking it slow then no flying) can just walk they don't have to mount anyway.

Those who want to fly around can do so just not while on a quest or pvping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I canceled my sub while they get WoD, but from the looks of it I wouldn't be coming back at all

Everyone saying the "best used with friends" is a reference to RaF. I hope it's a reference to it being a 2-person mount. Great for the roleplayers

Deleted
    RAF for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntar View Post
    WRONG!!!

They incorporated flying in the game and the audience embraced it. It is actually their own fault that they do not design the content with flying in mind!!! Not only to fly in the world but also to make flying dangerous to your "repair bill" and "time wasted" due to corpse runs in selected content!

They made flying a convenience to and for everything! That's Blizzard developers biggest mistake!!!
    I agree that it was a mistake. In my opinion they are trying to fix it, and I like what they are doing (yes, I think things will get better without flying). But I don't think most of the community will give it an honest try, and for that reason I never expected them to actually address it. It goes to show that they'll go against what people expect when they think it's important, but instead people are saying they just want things to take longer so you have to play for more months.

Not having flying will also greatly benefit world pvp, and ellaborate mechanics on small quest areas would not do that. Instead, those areas would become ganking havens, and people would complain that they couldn't do whatever they went there for (which would be a fair point).

Stop making mounts that we have to pay for!!!! Just add this shit to the game as it should be and stop being douchebags!

Quote Originally Posted by Pesticide View Post
    Stop making mounts that we have to pay for!!!! Just add this shit to the game as it should be and stop being douchebags!
    Stop paying for WoW then. Vote with your damn wallet.

I'm fully in support of no flying. Thinking back to my favorite zones in the past few expansions, all of them have been with flying toggled off.

Flying enables you to skip gameplay. This means flying is a great band-aid when you hate the game content and just want to get to the end as fast as possible, but it also means that even if the gameplay was good, you wouldn't know it.

If games involve solving puzzles or mazes, flight chops off the top of the maze and lets you fly in a straight line to your destination. The maze suddenly becomes a hallway. I don't find hallways as interesting as mazes.

- - - Updated - - -

Also- the sword looks great. Kind of like a Zin'rokh with neon ooze injected.

I'm neutral about the horse (as an aside, it looks like a RIFT mount).

I think the flying mount change is a good one.

Flying mounts, as much as I love using them, have spoiled us. The example with the fortress in the blue post is a perfect example of how flying just cuts away large portions of the gaming experience.
    I think this is a good move; it will take people some time to kick the habit, but in the end I think the game gets more interesting if you get rid of the safety, non-punishing, easy to use/abuse mechanic that in certain ways dumb the game down as well.

Another thing about flying- think of all the important places you'd want to fly to. How many of them will have a flight path next to them? Probably like 95%.

The last 5% are probably good farming spots and raid entrances.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    As an example, let us consider a quest to assassinate an enemy leader. From the ground you approach a fort with guards at the gate. You charge and are able to dispatch them and sneak in a side hallway. You methodically take out packs of roaming sentries, and some of them shout at you as they run toward you. You notice they’re in the middle of practicing dark and forbidden magics, and you take a moment to disrupt their ritual. Dashing into the main courtyard you spot your target, sneaking and fighting your way to him--and with a forceful slash--the fort’s captain is vanquished, and as guards are alerted you fight your way out, glorious and triumphant in your success.

Alternatively, from a flying mount, you fly over the gate, see some guy whose name is highlighted, land on top of him, kill him, and then fly away.
    Because we can clearly fly at all levels and flying isn't reserved for higher levels or anything.....

/rollseyes

Pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but good on Blizzard and I hope they stick to their guns this time around and keep no flying ALL expac. Fuck your "choice". Even now I have the choice of only using my ground mount but I'm not going to obviously. Rip that ability away from me and I just have to fucking deal with it. If you can't put the time into this game to clear some mobs before getting to a quest mob or run from World PvP this is not the game for you. Call it elitism, whatever. We won't miss you.

We could lose a million of you but Blizzard will still be top dog MMO and your whining and bitching won't change that. But please, go to other MMOs with flying

Quote Originally Posted by FellishBeast View Post
    I believe flying and trivializing the leveling experience have trained players to prefer efficiency over experience.
    Level 85-90 leveling was so easy...we cloud just fly into all the bases!

Oh wait

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115913

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rude Hero View Post
    Flying enables you to skip gameplay. This means flying is a great band-aid when you hate the game content and just want to get to the end as fast as possible
    But, for the umpteenth time, you cannot fly UNTIL the end of the game , save for now-obsolete continents.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115913

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I'm sorry but good on Blizzard and I hope they stick to their guns this time around and keep no flying ALL expac. Fuck your "choice". Even now I have the choice of only using my ground mount but I'm not going to obviously. Rip that ability away from me and I just have to fucking deal with it. If you can't put the time into this game to clear some mobs before getting to a quest mob or run from World PvP this is not the game for you. Call it elitism, whatever. We won't miss you.

We could lose a million of you but Blizzard will still be top dog MMO and your whining and bitching won't change that. But please, go to other MMOs with flying
    A few more million players quitting might very well change that, actually.

Blizzard made players put up with awful content delivery in Cataclysm and they lost subscribers. Blizzard chose a horrendous theme for their next expansion, Mists of Pandaria, which scared away other gamers and WoW thus continued to lose subscribers. Now Blizzard has the potential for an expansion with a good theme and good content delivery, and they are pissing it away with such a stupid decision. They are listening to a vocal minority, just like they did in early Cataclysm. Just like then, it will backfire.

Perhaps you haven't realized this, but game developers are making a commercial product; it is in their best interests to actually sell their product (i.e. make something WORTH SELLING, something that will attract customers). Asking customers to "fucking deal with it" is a good way to kill business.

You know, I didn't agree at first with the "no flying in Draenor" approach but now that I read this, I kinda like the philosophy behind it. I look forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post

A few more million players quitting might very well change that, actually.

Blizzard made players put up with awful content delivery in Cataclysm and they lost subscribers. Blizzard chose a horrendous theme for their next expansion, Mists of Pandaria, which scared away other gamers and WoW thus continued to lose subscribers. Now Blizzard has the potential for an expansion with a good theme and good content delivery, and they are pissing it away with such a stupid decision. They are listening to a vocal minority, just like they did in early Cataclysm. Just like then, it will backfire.

Perhaps you haven't realized this, but game developers are making a commercial product; it is in their best interests to actually sell their product (i.e. make something WORTH SELLING, something that will attract customers). Asking customers to "fucking deal with it" is a good way to kill business.
    I'd like to believe maybe Blizzard is finally getting back to their roots and making good games and not just going where the money takes them. If you're so sure this will backfire what makes you think Blizzard is too dumb to realize it as well? Maybe they know it will backfire and weed out the entitled cry babies and bring back the hardcore crowd, I don't know. What I do know is that Blizzard is not perfect, they have made stupid fucking decisions but this isn't one of them. And giving people the "choice" just means everyone will choose flying and breeze through content. What's the point in making quality content if people don't give two shits about it and just want to fly to quest, fly out and afk in WoD central hub?

Wow they're really determined in ruining this game...such a shame really...

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Then why are you so hostile brah?

MMO's aren't top dog anything any more. WoW just happens to be the most popular of a genre of fleeting interest due to the ever increasing age of the average gamer. And just because some other guy on a forum who shares your "passion" for WoW says there are no other MMOs with flying in them doesn't actually make that true. There's plenty.

But flying isn't the problem in WoW. The lack of imagination of the developers to be able to continue pushing the envelope with a game engine that was aged when WoW came out but is ancient now, other than by adding more polygons and shaders, is the problem.

As well as the heavy emphasis on end game; but the constant identity crisis of the end game itself. They fixed what done not broke at the end of WoTLK which was the PVE end game; because of the 3 people who never tried the 25 man ICC hard modes complained that the game was too casual, even though there was only a handful of guilds on every realm that even finished 25 man ICC normal. Then of course they insulted everybodies intelligence by backtracking their decasualization of raiding with LFR.

Making you kill a few Mangy Tanaan Jungle Tigers in order to click on the sparkling objective doodad isn't going to change anything.