Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The first few paragraphs are exactly why Cataclysm's leveling suffered tremendously. You weren't in the world. You didn't feel like you were in the world. Personally, I've played MMOs without flying and I prefer it. It may take longer to get from point A to point B, but at least you feel part of the world. I wouldn't stop using my flying mount in WoW because it's more efficient when trying to do dailies or grind mats, but I wouldn't be opposed to their elimination altogether. Or at least in current expansion content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good explanation to no flying. Exactly what I've been saying, even using the same example of "flying directly to the leader unless magical cannons knock you off your mount". Very pleased with their stance, and I'm hoping they have the balls to stick to it.

I honestly don't care all that much about flying at this point, but why on earth you would decide to make this giant post about it, claiming to consolidate info and what not and then... Say. Absolutely. Nothing.

Their tone seems to be getting awfully dismissive of late. It isn't doing them any favours, to be honest.

If this is in the store at all I'll actually be upset. Whether its RAF or $. They need to be making things for the people who are fucking paying a subscription.

We buy the game, then pay a sub, then have to do microtransactions to get cool stuff? Let's hope they make it available to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearfist View Post
    I kinda wish it was a store mount over a RaF mount = = I don't have any friends that'll try wow. That should be the engineering mount for Warlords, not a pay to have one YuY Yes I'm whining because I want one...
    Just buy another account and recruit yourself. Its the same thing.

Wohoo no flying... i hope it never comes to new expansion zones. It takes out all the fun!
    Its like playing a game where you have sanctuary wherever you go... especially when it comes to pvp, oh you got ganked? well mount up and you are safe from LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

But finally its not the case! I miss the days when we actually had crazy chases in the barrens when allys came knocking around for fun... today you just dont bother because its no use, you cant do anything about it anyway thanks to flying mounts aka flying mobile shattrath/dalaran sanctuary.
    Chasing someone from durotar to barrens and stonetalon mountains was fun... all in the name of world pvp. And this happened on a non-PvP server!

it brought the server together, we became "friends" on the battlefield and remember eachothers duels and whatever battles occurred. And that in turn was seen on the forums by knowing the other guy and how fun it was.
    Now even the opposing faction has given up even trying world pvp because its no fun with flying mounts, the only times you might see allys in orgrimmar and vice versa is during some festival when you need to visit enemy capitals.

Pretty sexy mount, no doubt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnlxndrlv View Post
    I think this is a great time to revisit the idea of flight platforms as a compromise between the need to have players commit to ground-based gameplay and the desire for players to use their flying mounts to get around and explore: just prohibit mounted players from getting off the ground except at designated locations (such as flight path nodes). Such a solution would obviously require a lot of thought and care in its implementation, but I think it's the best of both worlds.
    Except people don't really care about the free flying thing, they want the convenience of the swoop-straight-to-the-point, heck I enjoy that as well. But thinking back to all the memories of this game where I actually enjoyed the game world, they were all on ground. If you feel like you have so little time to play the game that you actually just want to skip everything, maybe you should do something else than playing an mmo? The constant bitching about every change here and there makes me question this even more. Why do you play? Is wow simply a machine designed to bring you instant gratification?

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Stopped being funny when people started to think it was a legitimate thing to say for everything.
    So... the third time blizzard said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhok View Post
    I could really care less about there being no flying in WoD. I played from three days after launch of Vanilla and had no flying. Personally, I think it adds more danger and excitement to the game, and also will help world PvP.
    Not to mention immersion. I started playing a few weeks after the initial launch and I see the removal of flight as more a good than an evil. I sometimes on lower level characters go on expeditions around the World of Warkraft (mayo) to get a bit of nostalgic feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhok View Post
    Now if only they'd add in collision detection in PvP, then I'd be truly happy
    How dare you suggest hitboxes, do you have any idea the amount of time and money it would take?? Time Activision and Blizzard could be better spending making mounts and pets for entitled ingrates who don't like fun. Obviously!

I agree, that'd be neat, making WoW an action RPG in it's truest sense. I could see a few technical issues though.

Gnomes and goblins would be hard to hit.

Roll would be way overpowered.

Charge would be way underpowered.

No one would ever roll Tauren.

But yeah, making wow an action RPG with collision detection and hitboxes would basically mean changing every skill in the game, I would suggest Warframe, Vindictus or Spiral Knights if you're looking for a decent action RPG to play with friends.

It's complete BS that Blizzard is leaving WoW without any content for a year but they still find time to make mounts to sell in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I honestly don't care all that much about flying at this point, but why on earth you would decide to make this giant post about it, claiming to consolidate info and what not and then... Say. Absolutely. Nothing.

Their tone seems to be getting awfully dismissive of late. It isn't doing them any favours, to be honest.
    I am probably going to get flamed, I am happy they are being dismissive. They need to stop listening to the customer because you know what? We are not right, ever! We are wrong and we know it but because we pay we think we are entitled to things. Flying is one of the things (along with difficulty) I am fine with them ignoring player opinion on. Players need to learn that we are not the be all end all and Blizzard has the final say for a reason, they are making the game they want to make, not the game we want to make.

inb4 1 million comments say "Thats fine they can do that but they wont have my money xD"

Blizzard is rich, they don't care, I don't care, go be toxic in LoL or some other MOBA like the rest of the teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It's complete BS that Blizzard is leaving WoW without any content for a year but they still find time to make mounts to sell in some form.
    Literally, it reads WITH FRIENDS You are about the 6th or 7th person who didn't even read the post and just said its a store mount. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu1grim View Post
    Except people don't really care about the free flying thing, they want the convenience of the swoop-straight-to-the-point, heck I enjoy that as well. But thinking back to all the memories of this game where I actually enjoyed the game world, they were all on ground. If you feel like you have so little time to play the game that you actually just want to skip everything, maybe you should do something else than playing an mmo? The constant bitching about every change here and there makes me question this even more. Why do you play? Is wow simply a machine designed to bring you instant gratification?
    I don't get it. My brain does not release tingly goodness when I receive loot or kill something in LFR. However, I do still get giddy when I complete an achievement, or down a hard boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    While I am tired of the constant mounts, and I can safely say getting a mount never was the reason I invited people to play wow. This is likely Scroll of Res, not RaF. Because the market for warcraft is all people that have already played warcraft. It isn't new players

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    I don't get it. My brain does not release tingly goodness when I receive loot or kill something in LFR. However, I do still get giddy when I complete an achievement, or down a hard boss.
    Probably because you are above the age of 15 and realize that the more difficult things are the more rewarding they should feel and be.

Quote Originally Posted by ryme View Post
    the scale of those swords is pushing the limits in my opinion...
    biggah is bettah

new RAF mount by the sound of it.

those weapons are either dungeon or scenario.

RaF mount. Wouldn't bold the quote like that otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I am probably going to get flamed, I am happy they are being dismissive. They need to stop listening to the customer because you know what? We are not right, ever! We are wrong and we know it but because we pay we think we are entitled to things. Flying is one of the things (along with difficulty) I am fine with them ignoring player opinion on. Players need to learn that we are not the be all end all and Blizzard has the final say for a reason, they are making the game they want to make, not the game we want to make.

inb4 1 million comments say "Thats fine they can do that but they wont have my money xD"

Blizzard is rich, they don't care, I don't care, go be toxic in LoL or some other MOBA like the rest of the teenagers.
    I like the cut of your jib, but he's not even being nasty about Blizzard, it was a contemplation from what I picked up.

Though you're right, Blizzard needs to stop listening to the fickle loud obnoxious idiots that are a minority in their fanbase. With this expansion I'm getting the impression that such a thing is starting to happen.

I also hope flying goes away forever. It is butts. It might also do us the service of driving some of the toxic customers away.

I'm too addicted to WoW to quit, but no flying would make me a sad panda. I love the freedom. I like the view from above. I dislike crawing on the ground like we have to in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre Monkey View Post
    I like the cut of your jib, but he's not even being nasty about Blizzard, it was a contemplation from what I picked up.

Though you're right, Blizzard needs to stop listening to the fickle loud obnoxious idiots that are a minority in their fanbase. With this expansion I'm getting the impression that such a thing is starting to happen.
    World of Farmville was an experiment to increase the Sub base even higher in Wotlk, it failed so they went the other direction and fixed old world. That also failed. So they went full retard in MoP, that failed. They are Fiiiiinally going to a middle ground with WoD

All new MMOs are based around instant gratification, doesn't seem to be working in the long term for any of them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I'm too addicted to WoW to quit, but no flying would make me a sad panda. I love the freedom. I like the view from above. I dislike crawing on the ground like we have to in reality.
    I can ride a tiger in reality? Shit, where can I sign up