Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    my no setup damage doesn't do 250k damage in one global, THAT'S THE POINT.

    not sure why people keep qqing about a pet cc on a 2 minute cd.
    oh darn 2 globals, the horror, because its cc overload from a class that has plenty of instant cc already.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Yup, got any proof of that or you just enjoy talking out of your ass?
    Yup, here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ure-and-simple

    And here I talked shit about you: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18942479

  3. #103
    Bloodsail Admiral zenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I was typing another post explaining, including a combat log. But after reading what you just linked I'm gonna refrain from doing that, it has been to no avail and it won't be to no avail. That link actually clarifies a lot. Thanks for that.

  4. #104
    I have no sympathy for anything that a hunter complains about from other players. Your class is as guilty of that burst.

    Also, Echo has to proc sometime. Given its super low proc chance, and that thing you just got is not going to happen most often. It is not even controllable even for the shaman.

    One reason I don't play much Elemental. Aside from being complete melee magnets, their burst is so RNG you can't coordinate it with other burst class like a lock or an Insanity spriest in random setups.

  5. #105
    As a general, I dont like EotE as a shaman. Too unreliable and usually procs off my shocks more than every other spell,
    When people say we are the caster with most armor, then I would argue that a Shadow Priest can easily get to our amount of armor just by glyphing Inner Fire. Healing outside Healing Tide Totem is dull, as you either heal jackshit or you heal okay'ish, due to Clearcasting being up.
    The Lightning Shield glyph (6seconds of 10% damage reduction everytime the shield procs) is must, which I dont really like, I want glyphs that are either situational or for fun.
    Glyph of Thunderstorm is utter jackshit, as it only reduces the CD of Thunderstorm by 5seconds, if you have 4set pvp bonus, where I would rather have another glyph instead,

    As a general, Shamans has fun when they have Flame Shock up on more than one target, as the procs will start to constantly be up. Everything before that is really too random.

    I do agree on the EotE, and I see it changed in WoD, but I dont like the new change either, as it might just make Ele too much of a machinegun...

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Basa View Post
    Angry hunter because he got killed by an already nerfed talent, awesome xD

    Generally the WoW community is quite good at picking up which classes work best each season in arena. While not 100% accurate, the following site gives a good representation: http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-2-0.html following on from this, it shows the % use of talents for each spec in PvP http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-2-0.html

    So lets break this down. A MM hunter (a class with higher representation in 3's above 2.2k) is complaining about a talent ele shaman (a class with lower representation) which less than 8% of the population uses. So basically you're complaining about 8% of people getting lucky 6% of the time. You can also check for representations at varying levels, I believe the only situation ele is more popular than MM is 5v5 above 2.2k, which truly is a small proportion of players.

    Basically, your argument currently stands at "boohoo, I got killed by a shaman and now I want to cry and demand nerfs." Sorry mate, but you've got no leg to stand on. Either you got unlucky, failed to understand the games mechanics, or just wanted to cry and demand nerfs because you died, either way, you lost the match, gg, move on.
    I QQ because I didn't lose to this team because they outplayed me, I'm angry because it was completely based on luck with no skill required.

    I'm sure you can agree that does not make up compelling or interesting play.

    Sure my cc might be "easy" (although none of you have any idea how hard it is to land a trap against a decent team) and my damage requires no setup, but it's manageable because it's not half your hp in one global.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    oh darn 2 globals, the horror, because its cc overload from a class that has plenty of instant cc already.
    My argument wasn't about the damage in 2 globals, it was zenga trying to make it sound like it was 1 global and I was just pointing out how wrong he was.

    One 4-second cc every 2 minutes is not gamechanging in the slightest, most hunters use wolves anyway now for more pressure since the game is so bursty you only need to land a trap into a fear/stun to kill something.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    So how in any part of that thread was I "defending" a bug I knew nothing about?

    I did the test in a duel in durotar, I had no idea it somehow ignored resilience in arena and BGs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I was typing another post explaining, including a combat log. But after reading what you just linked I'm gonna refrain from doing that, it has been to no avail and it won't be to no avail. That link actually clarifies a lot. Thanks for that.
    you just have nothing to say, but its ok to jump on the bandwagon. Makes things easy and makes you look like you're right. To idiots.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I have no sympathy for anything that a hunter complains about from other players. Your class is as guilty of that burst.

    Also, Echo has to proc sometime. Given its super low proc chance, and that thing you just got is not going to happen most often. It is not even controllable even for the shaman.

    One reason I don't play much Elemental. Aside from being complete melee magnets, their burst is so RNG you can't coordinate it with other burst class like a lock or an Insanity spriest in random setups.
    again, tell me when I can do 250k in one global as a hunter and I'll tell you you're right, as of now you are just outright lying.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    you just make yourself look dumber every time you try and counter one of my posts.

    what you just outlined is at least 2 globals and isn't guaranteed to all crit unlike lava burst.

    nerf it by making it 40% proc chance but duplicates it at 40% power, like their mastery.

    but glad to hear its going in WoD.
    2 globals and isn't guaranteed to crit (with like 35%+ crit), versus 1.5 second cast with 6% chance to duplicate. And the cast can be kicked, grounded, reflected, deterred, etc.

    Yeah, it's really not that unlike Chimera/Aimed 100k+ each. Funny how when you do 200k damage in under 2 seconds you probably laugh on skype and talk about how you just destroyed someone, but when it happens to you it's completely unfair and needs to be nerfed immediately.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    As a general, I dont like EotE as a shaman. Too unreliable and usually procs off my shocks more than every other spell,
    When people say we are the caster with most armor, then I would argue that a Shadow Priest can easily get to our amount of armor just by glyphing Inner Fire. Healing outside Healing Tide Totem is dull, as you either heal jackshit or you heal okay'ish, due to Clearcasting being up.
    The Lightning Shield glyph (6seconds of 10% damage reduction everytime the shield procs) is must, which I dont really like, I want glyphs that are either situational or for fun.
    Glyph of Thunderstorm is utter jackshit, as it only reduces the CD of Thunderstorm by 5seconds, if you have 4set pvp bonus, where I would rather have another glyph instead,

    As a general, Shamans has fun when they have Flame Shock up on more than one target, as the procs will start to constantly be up. Everything before that is really too random.

    I do agree on the EotE, and I see it changed in WoD, but I dont like the new change either, as it might just make Ele too much of a machinegun...
    I agree it's unreliable and not a good talent in most situations (ancestral swiftness is better) but it's not about it being good or "top tier", it's about these situations which can happen randomly and without much counterplay behind it.

    It makes the game uninteresting and not fun.

    I'm pretty sure spriest cannot afford to glyph inner fire. They do indeed have more armour than shamans with the glyph though and around the same without it.

    I think talented healing stream is pretty strong, especially as it will heal the entire team at once. Healing surges don't heal for much without clearcasting yes but it's still 20k every 1.5seconds and the other team is likely to be interrupting/silencing the healer rather than you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    2 globals and isn't guaranteed to crit (with like 35%+ crit), versus 1.5 second cast with 6% chance to duplicate. And the cast can be kicked, grounded, reflected, deterred, etc.

    Yeah, it's really not that unlike Chimera/Aimed 100k+ each. Funny how when you do 200k damage in under 2 seconds you probably laugh on skype and talk about how you just destroyed someone, but when it happens to you it's completely unfair and needs to be nerfed immediately.
    you heard of lava surge?

    No casting required.

    Can't deter something already casted, I have to randomly predict when he's about to cast a INSTANT CAST SPELL.

    Aimed has never hit more than 100k in this season in arena and likely will never hit over 100k. Chimera only hits upwards of 100k if you have trinket proc up (close to 120k with double trinkets) and hitting something with no damage reduction.

    I get happy if I see my chimera ever do more than 100k

  9. #109
    Have you ever played a shaman? Maybe walking a mile in someone else's shoes will broaden your view.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadNeos View Post
    Have you ever played a shaman? Maybe walking a mile in someone else's shoes will broaden your view.
    I have a 90 shaman thanks, I don't think I've said anything incorrect about them so far (and even learned something! That rockbiter trick is neat).

  11. #111
    Typical hunter personality. Everyone must be nerfed.

    Stop QQ and enjoy the circumstances.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I have a 90 shaman thanks, I don't think I've said anything incorrect about them so far (and even learned something! That rockbiter trick is neat).
    Then shut up and enjoy your OP shaman, or maybe when you get killed on it you can see what the other guy did to counter you.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadNeos View Post
    Then shut up and enjoy your OP shaman, or maybe when you get killed on it you can see what the other guy did to counter you.
    as far as I can see I only die if I mess up VERY hard or my team mates do. Like most of the times I've died there's been at least 3 ways I could have avoided it since I'm not that experienced with shamans.

    Also I don't even use echo so =/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Typical hunter personality. Everyone must be nerfed.

    Stop QQ and enjoy the circumstances.
    Nerfing a talent that is used by everyone in pve and almost nobody in pvp?

    I didn't think people would care that much.

    Didn't want a nerf to the shaman as a whole, I just think this talent is stupid in a pvp scenario

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I QQ because I didn't lose to this team because they outplayed me, I'm angry because it was completely based on luck with no skill required.

    I'm sure you can agree that does not make up compelling or interesting play.
    You're right, it doesn't. But I find you completely ridiculous in so far as you want to nerf something a tiny percentage of the community uses because its bollocks. Elemental right now is based around procs, completely RNG. Plus, in your link you didn't even give a timescale, for all we know they may have been hardcasts and your healer is just crap. You have no argument, you're just whining for the sake of whining.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    So how in any part of that thread was I "defending" a bug I knew nothing about?

    I did the test in a duel in durotar, I had no idea it somehow ignored resilience in arena and BGs.
    Yeah you pressed a button and if the other team didn't BoP or wall or Ice Block the moment you pressed it you just "outplayed" them, because that was normal hunter dmg you said, right? Like hunters just stacked cds and it somehow did decent dmg? Even though everyone that gave two shits about pvp knew the bug was still there and I explicitely told you in the very thread that it is bugged, you still went full retard.

    Your insight into the game is just as good nowadays, I just wonder why you're stuck below challenger range. Especially when playing a hunter, one of the most noob friendly classes nowadays.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Basa View Post
    You're right, it doesn't. But I find you completely ridiculous in so far as you want to nerf something a tiny percentage of the community uses because its bollocks. Elemental right now is based around procs, completely RNG. Plus, in your link you didn't even give a timescale, for all we know they may have been hardcasts and your healer is just crap. You have no argument, you're just whining for the sake of whining.
    I'm pretty sure Illana said that Flame Shock wasn't dispelled, so you could see that Flame Shock ticked and 3 Lava Bursts 1 Earth Shock were cast before the next tick.

    That said, Elemental is boring without procs and even boring with procs. It started off as fun to see a lava machine gun fly from your hands, but it gets old quick. But that's just my opinion.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Basa View Post
    You're right, it doesn't. But I find you completely ridiculous in so far as you want to nerf something a tiny percentage of the community uses because its bollocks. Elemental right now is based around procs, completely RNG. Plus, in your link you didn't even give a timescale, for all we know they may have been hardcasts and your healer is just crap. You have no argument, you're just whining for the sake of whining.
    i wouldn't complain if i just stood there and took a hardcast lava burst to the face

    It was literally the fact I had just disengaged away from the warrior to get around a pillar where my healer was and then BAM dead.

    I don't necessarily want it nerfed, that would have implications on pve. Rather changed, but the discussion is moot already anyway since blizzard already saw it fit to change in wod already.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Yeah you pressed a button and if the other team didn't BoP or wall or Ice Block the moment you pressed it you just "outplayed" them, because that was normal hunter dmg you said, right? Like hunters just stacked cds and it somehow did decent dmg? Even though everyone that gave two shits about pvp knew the bug was still there and I explicitely told you in the very thread that it is bugged, you still went full retard.

    Your insight into the game is just as good nowadays, I just wonder why you're stuck below challenger range. Especially when playing a hunter, one of the most noob friendly classes nowadays.
    and that was due to a bug, not stampede being OP.

    and you're so mad it's so funny.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    and that was due to a bug, not stampede being OP.

    and you're so mad it's so funny.
    Stampede wasn't op for a month, it was just bugged like everyone knew - so it was fine. HAHAHAHhahahahHAHAHh

    Keep making rage threads about how you lost at 1600 in the shitter league, bro.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Stampede wasn't op for a month, it was just bugged like everyone knew - so it was fine. HAHAHAHhahahahHAHAHh

    Keep making rage threads about how you lost at 1600 in the shitter league, bro.
    and you keep coming at me with your sub 1k experience bro

  20. #120
    Warchief Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    2,145
    A short comic I made about my experiences with Echo of The Elements (before the nerf, I haven't bothered using it for PvP after):


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •