Unsure of what to get.

Hello, I'm a level 65 Ret, and I'm looking for some guidance on what Profs I should be getting. As of right now I have Herb/Mining since I was unsure. I was thinking of going JC/BS, but with the changes in WoD left me clueless. Should I just wait until WoD drops to make a decision?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've kept my blacksmithing and engineering alive for a while, It's worked well for me.

Jewelcrafting is a great profession and the good stat boost (especially during wrath where this combo was a good maximizer), but the utility afforded to you with engineering I think is worth the loss of one of them and I like the extra gem slots given by blacksmithing.

I think the choice is fine, and a mining based pair of professions fits thematically

Basically, don't worry about it. Pick two.

Heck even any of the others would be fine.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2014-04-26 at 03:26 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Given the future adjustments to professions, I would perhaps wait.
    Combat perks are being removed, so that the likes of the extra socket for blacksmiths will be gone.
    Engineering will see some of its otherwise unique perks made BoE and able to be sold to other players, while some like tailoring/enchanting will likely just have the cloak/ring enchants removed outright.
    With stat streamlining, there is also going to be a reduction I believe in the number of craftings found in each profession.

Or maybe look for something that doesn't require a lot of investment, as we don't know at this point which recipes will be removed from each profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Damn, I've been farming mats towards BS/JC for a couple days. Just fell into the middle of everything.

I'm personally waiting to see what WoD changes to professions before I do anything with mine. And even then I will probably wait until a month before release before I do anything drastic as lots of things can change during the first months of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by xNe5 View Post
    Damn, I've been farming mats towards BS/JC for a couple days. Just fell into the middle of everything.
    There will be a demand for gems as everyone will have a gear reset as usual for an expansion.
    We just can't make too many assumptions based on the current market.

If you have the demand right now, then try to make the most of it.
    Keep an eye out for a future blog they stated will be on professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    My tip is never unlearn professions unless you have 11 Chars. If you are not satisfied with current professions it is highly advisable to learn additional Professions on another char, not unlearn current. Had to learn this the hard way but hopefully you won't have to.
    This is my main. The only other toon I have is a bank alt to hold my mats. I was thinking of keeping gathering on my Ret and just boost to level 90 by preordering WoD and just going BS/JC on that.

Wod is still a long time to come... Tailoring+alchemy if you are going to pvp!

I have the same exact problem and I decided to wait until we get more info. Also keep in mind that Garrisons will offer you 4 more professions, so you may keep mining-herbalism and then get Blacksmith/Jewelcrafting/Engineering/Alchemy on Garrison... also, don't use your free boost yet..get a character to level 60 (couple of days) that you like to play as alt and wait until WoD to see what the best prof option will have.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.