Poll: Should US citizens with Israeli dual citizenship be allowed to be US politicians?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should US citizens withi dual citizenship be allowed to be US politicians?

Should US citizens with Israeli dual citizenship be allowed to be US politicians? US citizens with Israeli dual citizenship might be more loyal to Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    US citizens with ANY dual citizenship should not be allowed to be elected officials.

Srs US invades israel enemies whole 21th century. Coincidence.

why shouldn't they be allowed to as long you were born a us citizen you should be allowed to run
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

Sure making a lot of threads involving anything Zionist tonight eh?

Senator Ted Cruz has dual US-Canadian citizenship, so I suppose there is nothing barring someone with dual US-Israeli citizenship from holding public office.

Deleted
    I am personally agents dual citizenship for adults. But if you allow dual citizenship, then they shall have all the rights and obligations a single citizenship person have and that include be allowed to be elected officials.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2014-04-26 at 08:18 AM.

If they were born in Israeli no. One can't even hold any federal level positions if you're not native born.

Born in the US - Yes.

Born anywhere outside the US - No.

Why is this question specifically directed at dual-citizenship Israelis? It should be the case that they can't be politicians, but for all citizens with dual citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Why is this question specifically directed at dual-citizenship Israelis? It should be the case that they can't be politicians, but for all citizens with dual citizenship.
    Look at his created threads. He's anti-Jewish.

If its allowed for all dual cases then sure but i would rather they not be allowed to be elected to the federal level. Its a conflict of interest imo but there is alot of that anyway so idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    I am personally agents dual citizenship for adults. But if you allow dual citizenship, then they shall have all the rights and obligations a single citizenship person have and that include be allowed to be elected officials.
    Bully for you, I have triple citizenship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Bully for you, I have triple citizenship.
    How did that happen?

I don't believe any citizens with dual-citizenship should be able to hold any public office that deals with international affairs.

With all the crap happening now in the world is that what bothers you?
    Last edited by Army Dreamer; 2014-04-26 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    If they were born in Israeli no. One can't even hold any federal level positions if you're not native born.
    Ted Cruz? Arnold (won't try to spell his name)?
    Are you seriously against all politicians born on foreign land?
    John McCain?

If they are U.S. citizens they should have all the rights of U.S. citizen period. At the end of the day they still have to be elected, and if people think they can't trust the person to do their job, for whatever reason, they shouldn't elect them. Money is a far more powerful corrupting influence than the country someone happens to share citizenship with. Citizenship doesn't mean a damn thing when you can buy politicians with campaign funding.

Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    Look at his created threads. He's anti-Jewish.
    You can be anti Israel without being anti Jewish btw.. Not saying wether or not that's the case with the OP. Some people just don't like the way the Israeli government / politician handle things with the Palestinian's but have no issues with the average Jewish person on the street.

I have Jewish (none religious) grand parents on 1 side of my family and I don't like the things Israel gets up to.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-04-26 at 02:29 PM.

If what you fear is politicians sucking up to Israel than I've got some bad news for you. Also if a politician running for office has a dual citizenship they should be questioned about their attitude and opinions about the other country regarding policy and the like. If they come across as rabidly pro-israel to the detriment of the US and they still get elected, the problem isn't that they were allowed to run for office but that the people that voted for them either didn't pay enough attention or didn't care. Barring anyone with a dual nationality from running for office even if they were born in the US means that you'll be barring the good ones as well. Some expression about bad apples might apply to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...