Poll: Should US citizens with Israeli dual citizenship be allowed to be US politicians?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    I am surprised this thread has not been closed
    I am not really there is a lot more xenophobe bs going around here usually.
    Pretty hilarious thread nonetheless.
    Of course I see no relevant reason why not. Loyalties ? Are you fucking kidding me.

You know... what about people who are born in America but have a mother or father who is from another country, they have dual citizenship. Take people with British parents for instance, they're considered British from birth (though they may lack the paperwork if they've never been there). They could one day request a passport and there we go, proof of dual citizenship.

Not just US/Israeli dual citizens, but I don't think any dual citizens should be able to hold elected office. When my sister worked for the DoD, she had a cap on the clearance she could get because one of her in-laws was Canadian, as I understood it. Frankly, I don't see how an adult could reasonably have dual citizenship. There's some adults who are prevented from having any citizenship at all, which is against the universal declaration of human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by heroim View Post
    why shouldn't they be allowed to as long you were born a us citizen you should be allowed to run
    Naturalized citizens can already run for office, unless they have their eyes set on the presidency. So many people in this thread have an opinion and don't even know how the system works currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is complete bullshit because as said, having citizenship in a particular country has no bearing on your loyalty to that country. This is just jingoistic bullshit on your part.
    Yes it does, you should revoke any other citizenship when you want to serve our country to avoid conflicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Yes it does, you should revoke any other citizenship when you want to serve our country to avoid conflicts.
    It does?

Source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It does?

Source.
    Show me a source that says its not a conflict

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me a source that says its not a conflict
    You are the one claiming it is a source of conflict, the burden is on you to provide proof of your claim.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Born in the US - Yes.

Born anywhere outside the US - No.
    This is all that matters
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Deleted
    Boris will be your king. Please take him. Boris for president 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    This is all that matters
    No, it doesn't. The natural born requirement for Presidency is ridiculous.

Quite frankly I think the age requirements for elected officials are silly also.

You are the one claiming it is a source of conflict, the burden is on you to provide proof of your claim.
    You are also claiming that it is not a source of conflict, so the burden of proof is on you as well. Keep derailing the thread though

Hell, I think any US citizen should be allowed to be a US politician if that citizen was a stand up guy who can remove corruption from politics and make the us a better place than it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are also claiming that it is not a source of conflict, so the burden of proof is on you as well. Keep derailing the thread though
    It has never been problematic historically. Also there is that thing about proving a negative.