Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How "discrete" is the Suicide Helpine?

Title. /10 char e.e

10+ Year Old Account
    very, however if they feel you are a legitimate lethal risk to yourself or someone else they can and will call people to assist. even paid psychologists have to tell law enforcement if they feel a client is GOING to do something something, or has done something
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's "discreet."

a suicide 'helpline' that's disgusting!!! surely we shouldn't be encouraging people to commit suicide, it's not enough that these people families will have enough to go through only to find out they called someone to help them commit suicide, I think it's outrageous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikered View Post
    a suicide 'helpline' that's disgusting!!! surely we shouldn't be encouraging people to commit suicide, it's not enough that these people families will have enough to go through only to find out they called someone to help them commit suicide, I think it's outrageous.
    What?

no, seriously: What?

They can talk you out of it too you know?

I think they have a Twitch channel

15+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know it's completely confidential, just like doctors/psychiatrists.

It's there to help you talk through your problems and suicidal thoughts, but if you tell them you are going going to actually kill yourself they will notice authorities to come stop you (or help you, if you've already in the process of killing yourself).

They basically operate with the same laws and guidelines as normal psychiatrists, so nothing you say can ever be made public, only forwarded to the proper authorities if a life is in danger.

hahaha oh my god what

this website needs +1s. you get a +1
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Either you are kidding, or you don't know what a 'suicide helpline' is.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    however if they feel you are a legitimate lethal risk to yourself or someone else they can and will call people to assist. even paid psychologists have to tell law enforcement if they feel a client is GOING to do something something, or has done something
    Indeed. They can get into serious troubles if they don't do it, at least in some countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Either you are kidding, or you don't know what a 'suicide helpline' is.

Indeed. They can get into serious troubles if they don't do it, at least in some countries.
    Learn what trolling is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    Learn what trolling is.
    This is not a topic where that is acceptable.

I could have sworn I heard this from a movie or a stand-up comedy routine.

I would be cautious when using the word suicide. Very easy to get a trip to the nuthouse that way

If that is plagiarism it's completely by accident

Suicide hotlines are very confidential except for 1 thing. If you state you are going to kill yourself they are required by law to notify authorities. Everything else you say will be kept confidential.

If you're having suicidal thoughts by all means give them a call. They are very compassionate people who only want to help you deal with your problems.

Guys guys guys, relax its a joke.

Like how firemen actually arent on fire and should be called watermen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

That joke was soooo Cattaclysmic
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That joke was soooo Cattaclysmic
    Oh boy I have always wanted to be used as an adjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

Wasn't suitable for the thread.