Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Badge gear from 5mans/kara gave better loot than BT/hyjal for the most part. Especially tank gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Although I didn't play during Wrath I really liked the concept of weekly raid quests; perhaps they could implement something similar.
    You mean like the ones they did in Throne of Thunder?

Pretty much it, was pretty boring to kill those extra mob for 20 gold.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Better than valor points that are capped every week to keep you addicted and playing. Arbitrary valor caps are bullshit and poor design. The only intent is to gate your progress and keep you paying $$$.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Yeah, but there was only a handful of pieces that collectively cost approximately a shit-ton of badges. You still ran that content, no cunts were skipping BT in favor of running 5 mans like you'd see today with people skipping everything prior to current tier.
    100% true. And the thing is, if you wanted to you could get a good group of friends or guildies and farm the hell out of badges. In a couple of days you can farm all the badges needed for that piece you need to help fill out your set from raiding T5 or T6. I loved running Kara, ZA, Gruuls and even some easy stuff in SSC/TK for badges. Good pugs on my server could go 3/4 in TK and 4/6 or 5/6(sometimes no lock for Leo or resist tanks for Hydross, etc) in SSC.

I think it worked in BC, Wrath, and most of Cata because there was no LFR then. Now that there is LFR and Flex, the idea of JP/Valor gear is kind of pointless. Personally, the idea of going back and grinding dungeons over and over again to get Valor/JP capped is not my idea of fun anyway.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14