Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    you don't even need to dismiss your pet

/petpassive

and it teleports to you.

- - - Updated - - -

I solo belts every week.

I've been raiding since ICC and the ONLY problem in MoP (they've improved pet pathing by leaps and bounds) has been.........wait none.

using a /petattack macro your pet instantly changes target.

I know all about bad pet AI, I played in ICC and cata (nefarian was a godamn nightmare) but MoP there's not been any of that as far as I've experienced it.
    Well Megaera. I didn't play in ToT tho so I dunno if there are tricks to fix Megaera pets going ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Well Megaera. I didn't play in ToT tho so I dunno if there are tricks to fix Megaera pets going ham.
    dont use blink strikes >.>?

dont use blink strikes >.>?
    But Crows so bad.

Let's not forget Spoils where our pets love to get stuck in boxes if running with Blink Strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Let's not forget Spoils where our pets love to get stuck in boxes if running with Blink Strikes.
    oh thats kinda true, but the /petpassive thing works wonders, not sure why everyone doesn't have this macro

I never get the Spoils issue anymore, but Eddy opens everything sooo..

I know all about bad pet AI, I played in ICC and cata (nefarian was a godamn nightmare) but MoP there's not been any of that as far as I've experienced it.
    What about drake phase on first boss in Shado-pan Monastery!?! Very important!

The only time they fix pet pathing is when we report it and even then it takes a while for them to fix it. Its not like they put in a new code or made sure new bosses have good pathing for pets. If at any time I have to click summon pet during a fight then there is something wrong with the design of the boss/area. I guess I want perfection and little to no wait time for pets (sense for BM pets are most of our dmg) so that I can do the best dmg I can do. That being said I have played since beta for vanilla and pets have always had some sort of problem. Be it having to manually put your pet on the back of a boss (before they added them doing it on their own), pathing issues, and anything in between.

I cant wait for no pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    The only time they fix pet pathing is when we report it and even then it takes a while for them to fix it. Its not like they put in a new code or made sure new bosses have good pathing for pets. If at any time I have to click summon pet during a fight then there is something wrong with the design of the boss/area. I guess I want perfection and little to no wait time for pets (sense for BM pets are most of our dmg) so that I can do the best dmg I can do. That being said I have played since beta for vanilla and pets have always had some sort of problem. Be it having to manually put your pet on the back of a boss (before they added them doing it on their own), pathing issues, and anything in between.

I cant wait for no pet.
    i can solo celestials with a pet. Hope they never remove pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Having the tank move away from the boxes after he opens them fixes that problem.

You must of not killed siege yet and been on belts. You also must of not played any of the other past raids. Next time you change targets on your pet count in your head how long it takes to switch or get to said target.

If you don't think and have not experienced pets in this game having bad AI then you must be one of those 'mediocre' Hunters you speak of.
    Oh noes a whole 3 seconds whatever shall I do?! Oh wait! I know! I'll complain on the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Oh noes a whole 3 seconds whatever shall I do?! Oh wait! I know! I'll complain on the internet!
    When you are pushing content those 3 seconds will matter. But I guess you dont care about that.

When you are pushing content those 3 seconds will matter. But I guess you dont care about that.
    doesnt take 3 seconds to get your pet on the belt >.>

doesnt take 3 seconds to get your pet on the belt >.>
    Not on the belt but off the belt. Disengaging off or gliding off seems to make my pet go dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

but I just go Surv so having him not out right away isn't as bad as if I was BM.

Not on the belt but off the belt. Disengaging off or gliding off seems to make my pet go dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

but I just go Surv so having him not out right away isn't as bad as if I was BM.
    mine just disappears for 2 seconds and reappears next to me

Why does it matter that your pet doesn't appear when you disengage off the belt for a few seconds? I disengage off the belt, but that's indicative that we killed it early, otherwise I'd be jumping in the pipe at the end. If we were early, I have time to dismiss (I just send it at the boss and it despawns) and resummon when I get back on the belt.

"Oh man we wiped at 1% blame the hunter whose pet took 3 seconds to get back on the boss." said no raid leader ever

Had a 1% wipe on Nazgrim today. Instead of blaming myself for playing MM, I play all the people doing less dps than me. Sure, I never really switched to any of the adds but that's not my problem. #Kappa

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just play what's fun, not what is considered to be the best.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Why does it matter that your pet doesn't appear when you disengage off the belt for a few seconds? I disengage off the belt, but that's indicative that we killed it early, otherwise I'd be jumping in the pipe at the end. If we were early, I have time to dismiss (I just send it at the boss and it despawns) and resummon when I get back on the belt.
    i feel disengaging is more safe than the pipe of doom D: