Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just Re-subbed BM or SV (576 ilvl)

Title basically says it all, I just resubbed and really haven't paid any attention to any notes since christmas time. For Heroic progression on H Garrosh, which is more superior?

10+ Year Old Account
    BM with that item level

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    BM with that item level
    Ok, is stat priority now Haste>Mastery>Crit with BM?

Deleted
    Both relatively equal single target, BM is ever so slightly ahead. Whichever you prefer/can play better you will perform the best as. Bm has the advantage of being able to break empowered MC's a bit faster though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    Ok, is stat priority now Haste>Mastery>Crit with BM?
    yes with that item level.

BM /10char

Both are pretty close to each other in single target. Aoe wise I think both has their advantages. BM is able to provide great aoe burst while SV aoe is pet independent and therefore can be situational. Specifically for H garrosh, I think SV is great for the 1st intermission. Just go in there with TotH procs and dot up every groups. For BM, beast cleave is great for the adds/weaps in P1 and also MC, specially if lined up with BW.
    Acynnie
    Retired Encore Raider
    From BRF to ToV
    YouTube

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidosis View Post
    Both are pretty close to each other in single target. Aoe wise I think both has their advantages. BM is able to provide great aoe burst while SV aoe is pet independent and therefore can be situational. Specifically for H garrosh, I think SV is great for the 1st intermission. Just go in there with TotH procs and dot up every groups. For BM, beast cleave is great for the adds/weaps in P1 and also MC, specially if lined up with BW.
    BM is also good for first intermission, thought not quite as good as SV unless you save your BW for it, then it can pull ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    BM is also good for first intermission, thought not quite as good as SV unless you save your BW for it, then it can pull ahead.
    Speaking from 10man perspective atm. Damage done ot both specs in 1st transition is quite equal, but as bm you do that damage to one pack while as survival you spread it.

BM is ahead of survival in pretty much every hc fight in SoO because of it's stronger cleave and nowadays guilds stack adds/bosses making bm even better. Survival is very good option too. All in all this is that one rare case where you can play either one.

Kinda wondering how you got to 576 ilevel, yet don't know the answer to your own question...
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Theoretically, BM has higher DPS.

However, due to the majority (again, the *majority*) of the fights in Siege either being heavy AoE, or requiring target switching (which as you know is somewhat detrimental to your pets dps) I find Surv the better way to go.

t/dr - play what you feel more comfortable playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Speaking from 10man perspective atm. Damage done ot both specs in 1st transition is quite equal, but as bm you do that damage to one pack while as survival you spread it.

BM is ahead of survival in pretty much every hc fight in SoO because of it's stronger cleave and nowadays guilds stack adds/bosses making bm even better. Survival is very good option too. All in all this is that one rare case where you can play either one.
    Well, I don't agree it is better for klaxxi at all. Thok either, depending on your tactic. But yes, it is slightly ahead for most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    Theoretically, BM has higher DPS.

However, due to the majority (again, the *majority*) of the fights in Siege either being heavy AoE, or requiring target switching (which as you know is somewhat detrimental to your pets dps) I find Surv the better way to go.

t/dr - play what you feel more comfortable playing.
    BM wins on heavy AoE, not sure why you'd recommend Surv based on that.

Also, SoO has like 3 frequent target switching fights, and on one of them (Nazgrim), that's hardly a DPS loss because Blink Strikes. The other one if Spoils. The rest can be cleaved/don't matter that much.

Garrosh you can go either, if you're struggling with the single-target check I'd go BM.

Whichever spec you play better is going to do more DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've that iLevel on your character, you've played this tier... So you should know what is the best spec.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Depends what you need the most if AoE or ST damage. You can also swap a couple of talents based on that.

Just resubbing and getting to 576 ilvl, your guild must already be farming H modes for a long time. i wish i could have full team to progress through heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Kinda wondering how you got to 576 ilevel, yet don't know the answer to your own question...
    Right? I've been subbed for 6 years straight and I'm only 540!
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    If you've that iLevel on your character, you've played this tier... So you should know what is the best spec.
    *cough*ebay*cough*

Seems legit to me if he quit by December his guild was prolly mid HC progress and he got a bunch of gear. Now he's returned, been farming a couple weeks or whatever, 576 iLvl with no clue what is the best spec ATM.

Or ebay. /shrug