Page 1 of 40
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Easy steps to refund a pre-order of WOD.

First this is not a thread on why to unsub, or even if it is a good idea. It's just I noticed recently a large number of posts by people wanting to refund Warlords over the recent turn of events, and they unsure as how to do it.

So here is the easy guide.

Step 1:

Log into http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ by now you should have it bookmarked. p.s. if you are not in North America it wont be us.battle.net so make sure to use your book mark and not the link.

Step 2:

Click support

Step 3:
    Choose Knowledge Center

Step 4:
    Get Help

Step 5:
    World of Warcraft

Step 6:
    "I have an issue with a purchase or payment"

Step 7:
    "I want a Refund for a purchase I have made"

Step 8:
    "I want a refund of a copy of World of Warcraft I have purchased through Blizzard"

Step 9:
    Submit

Step 10:
    Last part I can help you with, you have a choice here.

Any of these choices work, however personally I just submit a ticket, asking for the refund and the reason why. Although if you are willing to wait with your phone, or on the page the other two options will get results faster.

Thank you for your time, and be sure to inform anyone unsure of how to get a refund by using my handy guide.

Not that I'm going to refund, but how does this work if you already used the 90 boost? Do they just take it away or they let you keep it, in which case can you just pre-order for another boost?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Not that I'm going to refund, but how does this work if you already used the 90 boost? Do they just take it away or they let you keep it, in which case can you just pre-order for another boost?
    If you used your Boost to 90, I am 100% sure you're not gonna get your refund back. Blizzard's gonna tell you the same thing.

I'm pretty sure they just take it away.

they lock the character until you get WoD again.
    that is what someone said in another thread,
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Actually...

Originally Posted by Numanija
    Hey there, Game Master Numanija checking in!

Thanks for your patience while we work to reach everyone quick as we can!

We were able to get those upgrades refunded for you, my friend. Please allow 5-10 business days for those funds to return whence they came due to banking processes.

This will also lock the boosted toons until repayment is made, my friend.

If there's anything else we can address please let us know.

Lock your boosted character? ouch Guess that makes sense though

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the odds are if you refund WOD, you will also stop playing WOW, this isn't really an ouch. Well unless you are Blizzard and a lot of people stop playing over an issue or two.

Nice guide, I hadn't preordered WoD yet but I didn't know there was a more automated way to go through the process.

Yup, considering the boosted 90 is a feature of ordering/preordering the expansion.

The locking of the Boosted Level 90 character must have been a change they made quickly.

Not long ago I read plenty of cases entailing people buying Level 90 boosts, refunding them; and then being able to keep/use the boosted character.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The locking of the Boosted Level 90 character must have been a change they made quickly.

Not long ago I read plenty of cases entailing people buying Level 90 boosts, refunding them; and then being able to keep/use the boosted character.
    Maybe Blizzard offered to let them keep their boosted 90s if they bought a boost for 60% of the normal price of a boost?

Well, this is a good guide for those that do not want to play WoD over no flying...makes no sense why'd they'd quit, unless I missed something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post

the free boost from buying WoD gets locked.
    if you buy the $60 boost it doesnt. i think

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    If you used your Boost to 90, I am 100% sure you're not gonna get your refund back. Blizzard's gonna tell you the same thing.
    Incorrect. When I unsubbed and requested a refund for my WoD preorder, they froze access to the character I had boosted using the boost provided by the preorder.

While I am a bit disappointed that I feel compelled to unsub and request a refund, their handling of the manner was a pleasant surprise (especially considering they are losing money).

Am I the only one here who said "Wait... they have the ability to lock individual characters, not just accounts?" :P

Do people really need to learn how to get a refund. I though it was common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Do people really need to learn how to get a refund. I though it was common sense.
    common sense is often ignored.

15+ Year Old Account
    I almost wish I had bought the expansion just so I could get a refund and tell them why I won't be playing. I used to love wow, but in MoP I have played the least amount during an expansion in WoWs history. A few months during 5.2 and then a few more during 5.4. Maybe 6 months tops. I really hope one of the new MMORPGs that is coming out will scratch my itch since WoW just isn't for me anymore. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I almost wish I had bought the expansion just so I could get a refund and tell them why I won't be playing. I used to love wow, but in MoP I have played the least amount during an expansion in WoWs history. A few months during 5.2 and then a few more during 5.4. Maybe 6 months tops. I really hope one of the new MMORPGs that is coming out will scratch my itch since WoW just isn't for me anymore. =/
    I wish I had subscribed for a month back in the winter so that I could have put "no flying" as my reason for quitting, but the last month I played I used gametime so I didn't get to put the reason... wish you got that box no matter what.

This is for the people who bought flying mounts. I would demand a refund. It may take a couple calls but at the end of the day it will be near impossible for blizz to deny.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    This is for the people who bought flying mounts. I would demand a refund. It may take a couple calls but at the end of the day it will be near impossible for blizz to deny.
    And all of these people will come to their senses and realize how idiotic they're being and ultimately purchase Warlords anyways.