Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,582
    I think their new tactic is to make bad changes that make the same similar to Vanilla and BC (Removing flying, Removing tier gear from LFR -- making end-game pve more restrictive) and propagating this idea that it's going to make the game better/more immersive/ect. They're essentially trying to trick all the people who are incessantly bitching that the game isn't Vanilla/BC that the game will be like Vanilla/BC and to come back.

    And the best part is, these people are buying it. Hook, line, and sinker.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wrath zhevra
    cata rocket
    mists panther and hippogryph
    warlords mechanical horse.

    that plus some reskin pets that were given to china years ago just sitting in the game files.

    yeah theres totes so much effort being put into recruit a friend

    so reward very effort much models
    that is the point... they were rarly giving out new mounts for RAF.

    they are pushing it now with every few months a new mount.

    they put almost like 0 % of effort into it because all the mounts the people are licking their fingers for are just plain reskins... but yeah.. you understand the concept of 0 work 100% profit.

  3. #23
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,014
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    you guys dont think about this for a minute i see.

    you say "its been there since 2008" ... yeah i know.
    but

    did they put in a new mount every 3 months?
    did they give you the option to choose pets which you couldnt get before that? (and you have to raf + 2months gametime for each! and there are many people who are buying it..)

    isnt it funny that wod is so far off for an release and we are again going to see SOO for way way to long? (blizz said they wont stretch content this long anymore)

    but yeah... im so dumb ;D
    Well, maybe it is new then...and maybe it works. Point being....?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    that is the point... they were rarly giving out new mounts for RAF.

    they are pushing it now with every few months a new mount.

    they put almost like 0 % of effort into it because all the mounts the people are licking their fingers for are just plain reskins... but yeah.. you understand the concept of 0 work 100% profit.
    So you are congratulating them? You are envious because it is not your business makeing 100% profit from 0 work? I don't get it? (maybe because 100% profit from 0 work is still 0?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  4. #24
    Some facts because people are idiots.

    Swift Zherva – TBC – Active 616 days
    X-53 Rocket – Wrath – Active 846 days
    Hearth of Nightwing – Cata – Active 421 days
    Emerald Hippogyrph – MoP- Active 230 days (as of today)

    So in short yes they are pushing out the rewards faster. (note I put active, even though I know you can get them all now, to show the duration until the next one was available)

  5. #25
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    30
    If i cant get it then its bad!! Come on man

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Some facts because people are idiots.

    Swift Zherva – TBC – Active 616 days
    X-53 Rocket – Wrath – Active 846 days
    Hearth of Nightwing – Cata – Active 421 days
    Emerald Hippogyrph – MoP- Active 230 days (as of today)

    So in short yes they are pushing out the rewards faster. (note I put active, even though I know you can get them all now, to show the duration until the next one was available)

    pushing RAF rewards faster = new blizz taktixx

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    so blizzards new tactic to keep playernumbers and subs high is to throw in new mounts into RAF?


    they get 3 months payed accounts for round about 30dollar when not even more.
    more player numbers for the monthly report.

    and the new accounts are often not from new players. they are from players who want the mount and just open a new account for that and never play it.
    people on ebay buying the mount. (blizz gets payed accounts and player numbers from)

    i know some people in my guild and outside my guild who do this.
    i bet most of the last monthly reports and most of the new accounts from RAF are just there for the 3 months and then dying until a new mount or pet joins the RAF model. (the new Seasonpass)

    smooth played blizz smooth...


    edit for the ...: its not sooo 2008 cause of the way they revived the RAF model and using it right now. "throw in a new mount and reskins -> when RAF numbers drop -> throw in a new mount = more money then a storemount + subs for a minimum of 3months = gg" (im pointing to the new firesteed which was announced with the lines "more fun with friends"
    Translation: "I've just dreamt this up so I can have a moan."

    Lock this garbage thread.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The conference call is for last quarter. Any RaF accounts now are worthless for that call. So...you're wrong.
    The next fiscal quarter ends June 30th. You can bet your arsey that this new mount will be released start of June; to get the RAF mount the "recruited" account must sub for 1 month...

  9. #29
    I don't see how this in any way would affect your decision on whether to get the mount.

  10. #30
    The Lightbringer OzoAndIndi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    so blizzards new tactic to keep playernumbers and subs high is to throw in new mounts into RAF?


    they get 3 months payed accounts for round about 30dollar when not even more.
    more player numbers for the monthly report.

    and the new accounts are often not from new players. they are from players who want the mount and just open a new account for that and never play it.
    people on ebay buying the mount. (blizz gets payed accounts and player numbers from)

    i know some people in my guild and outside my guild who do this.
    i bet most of the last monthly reports and most of the new accounts from RAF are just there for the 3 months and then dying until a new mount or pet joins the RAF model. (the new Seasonpass)

    smooth played blizz smooth...


    edit for the ...: its not sooo 2008 cause of the way they revived the RAF model and using it right now. "throw in a new mount and reskins -> when RAF numbers drop -> throw in a new mount = more money then a storemount + subs for a minimum of 3months = gg" (im pointing to the new firesteed which was announced with the lines "more fun with friends"
    Well not sure it's a "new" thing... They're a company after all. Doing things to encourage players to talk others into making accounts (and then having the chance the person might stick around) is kind of normal, including updating rewards to continue to encourage it. And if someone just makes their own second account just to get rewards, well, Blizz still at least got profit from their purchase of the game again so not really a lose for them. Especially when that second account sitting there still has the potential to be used eventually and get more profit, either by being tempting enough to the owner, or the possible married (or eventually married) people and/or parent who might figure it makes the most sense for their spouse or child to simply use that account to start playing.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Some facts because people are idiots.

    Swift Zherva – TBC – Active 616 days
    X-53 Rocket – Wrath – Active 846 days
    Hearth of Nightwing – Cata – Active 421 days
    Emerald Hippogyrph – MoP- Active 230 days (as of today)

    So in short yes they are pushing out the rewards faster. (note I put active, even though I know you can get them all now, to show the duration until the next one was available)
    "The facts have been all pointing at one direction Blizzard is heading to with the accelerating speed of changes to the game. Now we have just another case to prove the point. It becomes hard to deny things have changed. With those doubts lost I start to hold their reasons suspiscious."

    "But they keep changing it for years. And they keep pushing it faster for years. Its not new. Nothing changed at all. Stop complaining. Here have a hole to dig your head inside."

    You guys just earned yourself a white medal of honor for this oustanding effort at whiteknighting. (not talking to Dotcha here)
    Last edited by Conscience; 2014-04-28 at 10:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •