View Poll Results: Red Skull as main villain in Captain America 3 or Avengers 3?

Voters
42. This poll is closed
  • Captain America 3

38 90.48%
  • Avengers 3

4 9.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Avengers 3 is all about the infinity gauntlet and Thanos... In fact, when you see GotG later this year it's a phase 3 movie that contains Thanos

So if he's going to be in Avengers 3 as a villain he's going to be someone else's bitch.
    Guardians of the Galaxy is a Phase 2 movie. It will be used to introduce / set up Thanos (who will mainly get his background from Guardians probably, without a lot of appearances), and Ant Man will be the major setup for Avengers 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy is a Phase 2 movie. It will be used to introduce / set up Thanos (who will mainly get his background from Guardians probably, without a lot of appearances), and Ant Man will be the major setup for Avengers 2.
    Ant Man is post-Avengers 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit character imo, I hope we don't see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I'm not so sure if Thanos will be the main villain of Avengers 3. That was assumed because everyone thought that Marvel would only have 3 phases. But now they've planned things up to 2028 and presumably Thanos will be the final showdown.
    Avengers 4 will probably shake the team up considerably because of contracts and actors getting tired of doing the same thing. I'd be surprised if any of the superheroes in the first Avengers movie are still around in 2028, at least in their current form.

Deleted
    I want to see him as one of Loki's minions in Thor 3.

The fact that Marvel/Disney doesn't hold the rights for Spider Man, X-Men, and I believe Fantastic Four means certain villains are off the table. Honestly the universe they do have has a lot of villains in it but it's finding ones that people will care about. Loki is a fun villain but he's getting played out to fast. They could always do Gah Luk Tus (Galactus from the Ultimates universe *the movies were originally based around this universe loosely*). I dunno... I only read the Ultimates stuff and they recycle a lot of villains there sort of.

Though since Chris Evans has said he won't be in a Captain America 4 (3 is his last film I believe) I wonder if they're going to follow the comics and make Bucky the new Captain America at the end of 3.

cap is probably going to die in captain america 3 and bucky will take over as cap.

so would make sense to have someone like red skull or someone else important to cap like baron zemo

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It always looked to me less like he got beamed into space and more like he got ripped apart.

From my understanding each phase will end in an Avengers movie. Even if Guardians of the Galaxy is more connected to events in phase 3 then it is to Avengers 2 by any practical measure, it's still considered a phase 2 movie.

Anyways, I think the MCU is a good opportunity to avoid constantly reviving old villains. Since the movies are much fewer and further between then comic book issues, it will take them a long time to run through the more well known villains from the comic books. No sense in making death any more cheaper then it needs to be.

The only exception to this I wouldn't mind seeing if an Agent's of Shield villain, who wasn't originally considered important enough for the movies, proves popular enough they could bring them back as a villain in a movie even if they were technically killed off on the show.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    cap is probably going to die in captain america 3 and bucky will take over as cap.
    Avengers 3 is his last contracted movie, which comes out after Cap 3.

what about that Baron Zebo or whatever? isn't he also the head of hydra? I mean someone leads it now but do we know who? I've seen winter soldier so feel free to fill me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Ant Man is post-Avengers 2.
    Seems kind of wierd to do Ant Man after avengers 2, since Pym is the guy who is cannonically responsable for creating Ultron in the first place. Then again, the Ant Man in the Ant Man movie isnt actually Pym, but Scott Lang using a suit designed by Pym.

Seems like a bit of a bad idea to me, since that essentially leaves them almost no setup for Ultron other then what they can squeese into Guardians.

The First Avengers worked because while the "big bad", the Chitauri were an unknow, you at least had Loki on the face of things who was a known element from Thor.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-04-27 at 11:17 PM.

Do you have a source for this? Cause it makes almost zero sense to introduce Ultron BEFORE you introduce the guy who is cannonically responsible for creating him in the first place.......
    Ant Man is before Avengers 2. It's the first Marvel movie that releases next year if I remember right. So it would be the spring release.

Do you have a source for this? Cause it makes almost zero sense to introduce Ultron BEFORE you introduce the guy who is cannonically responsible for creating him in the first place.......
    ultron is created by iron man in the movies and hank pym is an old man. the ant man movie is about scott lang not hank pym

- - - Updated - - -

pym

scott.

ultron is basically jarvis given a body or something like that
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yeah, just noticed that. Went back and edited by previous post. Still seems odd.

Are you use? I could have sworn Ant Man was their spring release next year with Avengers 2 in the fall.

Edit: Well damn, did a google search and yeah... May 1, 2015 for Avengers 2 and July 15, 2014 for Ant Man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ultron is created by iron man in the movies and hank pym is an old man. the ant man movie is about scott lang not hank pym

- - - Updated - - -

pym

scott.

ultron is basically jarvis given a body or something like that
    Jarvis given a body will probably be The Vision, since Paul Bettany (Jarvis' voice actor) has also been cast as the vision. Ultron will be an other AI.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Moved out of the World of Warcraft General Discussions because this is about the Marvel Cinematic Universe and has nothing to do with World of Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

The Warcraft movie can be discussed in World of Warcraft General Discussion because it is a movie about World of Warcraft, not solely because it is a movie.
    The World of Warcraft General Discussion section is not meant to include General topics that have no relation to World of Warcraft, but topics relating to World of Warcraft that do not fit under the other available subtopics.
    I have been wondering about that for a while now but never bothered posting anything. So does this mean all discussion, images, trailer news and reviews for the Warcraft film can be posted in General Discussions section?

Back on topic, if the Red Skull is indeed not dead, he'd be better off suited for a Captain America film and not The Avengers: Insert Subtitle Here. I really do think Thanos will be the villain for the latter film given that the Infinity Gauntlet and Gems story line have already been alluded to as a future plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    what about that Baron Zebo or whatever? isn't he also the head of hydra? I mean someone leads it now but do we know who? I've seen winter soldier so feel free to fill me in.
    It's Baron Zemo, and he hasn't been introduced. We don't know who the head of HYDRA is. From what I could tell from the events of The Winter Soldier, there was no head of HYDRA (Pun half-intended). Alexander Pierce was just one of the highest in position at SHIELD, and Baron von Strucker is just one of the main bad guys helping HYDRA out. It hasn't been explicitly stated that he is the highest-ranking official for HYDRA.
    I wonder if Marvel Studios have the rights for Madame Hydra? Because Viper was in the Wolverine, and you'd think that'd be another grey area where both studios can use the same character like with Quicksilver.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

NO WAY he's going to avengers.

Avengers 2 is Ultron

Avengers 3 WILL BE THANOS, there's no way around it! Guardians of the Galaxy, and all the crap going on with the Ultimate Marvel movies + Avengers lately? ...Has to be Thanos. Phase 3 + The teaser they gave at the end of Avengers 1.

He'lll probably for Cap.America due to the way things are going with Hydra & shield,I think Red skull, norman osborn (MAAAAYBE, just maybe), baron zemo, and the winter soldier are some of the characters you should expect to see in Cap.America 3 . (Also expect Captain America) Also, Bucky is supposed to become the new captain america, and I think....he does that at 3, if not 4. (should 4 come out)
    Last edited by The Jester; 2014-04-28 at 12:05 PM.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Terumi View Post
    norman osborn (MAAAAYBE, just maybe),
    Highly, highly unlikely.