Resto druids in challenge modes without the haste raid buff

Tried challenge modes first time today, great fun. Got gold on two of the easier ones.

There was no haste buff.

My question is whether resto druids in CMs without the haste buff should try get the 5316 unbuffed rejuvenation breakpoint, try to minimize haste, and if so, to what extent? Would it pay off to ditch red-slotted haste gear for gear without red slots?

Haste is the cheapest uselful secondary stat, at 420 per %, compared to 480 for mastery and 600 for crit. The extra rejuv tick is great but haste also makes efflo tick faster, and shortens the cast time and GCD of regrowth which increases throughput - with less mana efficiency than mastery. Around 20% of my healing on the runs today came from rejuvenation.

With my current gear I can reach the 5316 breakpoint by giving up 80 intellect from gemming. In practice it will all be taken from mastery. Would that be worth it?

it's almost all single targ healing so haste bp isnt too much of an issue really, but if you're only 80 away, I'd say go for it

I did them the first time in my regular gear this patch so I had almost 7k from all my haste gems

but yeah 1 extra tick on rejuv (you need to cast like 1 less rejuv per minute on tank, and it gives significantly better aoe healing for the few times it's needed) is totally worth 80 int, especially since haste helps DoC healing too (which wrath doesn't do as far as I know)

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    it's almost all single targ healing so haste bp isnt too much of an issue really, but if you're only 80 away, I'd say go for it
    Sorry I was ambiguous - the 5316 haste can be turned into mastery, so the loss is alot greater than 80 intellect.

Haste provides more burst throughput than mastery per point at the cost of being less mana-efficient - also for direct heals like regrowth.

Since we are only going for gold time might be better spent studying the encounter than pondering on issues like this though :-P You are probably not the only one that have done it with non-optimized gear.

It's probably still worth going for the breakpoint. The earlier haste breakpoints are worth more than the later ones.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.