Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Mostly perhaps but in cases like mine where I am willing to do the work but no one will let me...what am I to do?
    Find 9 other like minded PUGs and work towards it together.

Its really hard to get people to stay in your reg group if you're only 550, even if you know all the mechanics (which everyone does...there is no difference between normal and flex)
    Have any questions about the Warlords beta? Ask me!
    <WoD Beta Club>

They absolutely do not have to assume people suck. That's both rude and offensive. I cleared heroic raids in the past with people of the same caliber as you find on OpenRaid.

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me...
    I'd rather be an ass than waste the time of my guild by pugging a shitty player. I find people will lie to try and get into raids, I can't afford to risk the time of my guildmates on the word of some person that I don't know. I assume people are bad, mainly because the majority of players I run into know less about their class than I do. I'm willing to put the time and effort to help them improve on the condition that they want to improve and are in my guild. I'm not going to invest time in a person who isn't going to benefit me later.

Now all that being said I still ask for a reasonable ilvl for the content. I ask only 560+ and some experience for heroic.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2014-04-27 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    All in all, the point is that everyone can set their conditions for their own raid, but they often follow the wrong parameters to choose and this is frustrating.

Its really hard to get people to stay in your reg group if you're only 550, even if you know all the mechanics (which everyone does...there is no difference between normal and flex)
    What if you take in people that are ilvl520-540, surely with you being 550 leading them they should be quite happily come with you for gear, experience and the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    What if you take in people that are ilvl520-540, surely with you being 550 leading them they should be quite happily come with you for gear, experience and the kill.
    Sadly even they leave...almost always the alts of some elitist.
    <WoD Beta Club>

Taking lower geared players with no Xp turns them into higher geared players with xp which in turn leads to better groups for everyone. God damn how do you not see this
    I can teach my friends or guildies. I don't want to teach people i don't know.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Tbh even with high gear on Garrosh normal. He's very mechanicy, so if people don't know what to do you will lose hardcore and *Know your place in his world*.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

Quote Originally Posted by Netzach View Post
    I can teach my friends or guildies. I don't want to teach people i don't know.
    This selfish attitude hurts you more than you think.
    <WoD Beta Club>

I have 555 ilvl just from doing Flex, and we haven't cleared to Garrosh yet. I imagine I'll need higher ilvl in normal to balance out mistakes / other people. Having a high ilvl doesn't guarantee you a victory it's just a minimum requirement. I'm guessing from the OP you mean that you just want to be carried.

This selfish attitude hurts you more than you think.
    I'm not sure if word "selfish" means what you think it means.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    If you're not willing to teach others if they ask, that's your fault and on you. It's also not being a team player either.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

You think restricting your knowledge to a select few isnt selfish? No one on this planet would be educated if not for people who think exactly thr opposite of what you said.

You must be a millennial.
    <WoD Beta Club>

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If you're not willing to teach others if they ask, that's your fault and on you. It's also not being a team player either.
    So deciding not to take a guy who would make the run take an hour longer than it would if he knew what to do is selfish? I disagree, because he'd be wasting an hour of 8 other people's time to help 1 guy.
    I love helping people, but I won't do it if it's detrimental to other people's experience.
    Last edited by Drathos; 2014-04-27 at 07:26 PM.

Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Personally, I wouldn't take lower ilvl people too. Lower gear is indicative, although not proof positive that a player isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You missed that part where i talk about friends on guildies. There is many toxic people playing wow and i can meet them in pugs, i rather not spend my time to help them, if you think that's selfishness i think you need to dismount your high horse.
    How does it make me not a team player aswell? Isn't not taking undergeared and unexperienced people for raid with geared and experienced ones exactly what team playing is for. I won't take him because it can end up bad for the team.

You think restricting your knowledge to a select few isnt selfish? No one on this planet would be educated if not for people who think exactly thr opposite of what you said.

There's a difference between runs where people join to learn and runs where the goal is to just kill stuff as quickly as possible. PuGs are NOT the place to learn, friend/guild runs can do that. Unless the run is specifically intended as a learning run, of course, but then they wouldn't have these high requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    There's a difference between runs where people join to learn and runs where the goal is to just kill stuff as quickly as possible. PuGs are NOT the place to learn, friend/guild runs can do that. Unless the run is specifically intended as a learning run, of course, but then they wouldn't have these high requirements.
    Pugs are absolutely a place to learn, why do you think every raod has a designated raid leader? I'm not saying you should have to explain every single mechanic on every fight but as a raid leader it is your responsibility to lead
    <WoD Beta Club>

Quote Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
    We have had multiple people buy normal and heroic runs from us just they can link the achievement when asked. It's an option that is available to many (a normal Garrosh carry is generally very, very cheap). If you don't want to go that route, farm what bosses you can until you hit 570+ iLvl and get invited everywhere. Normal warforged gear with upgrades plus a cloak will net you close to or above 570. Granted it's a slow route but you've probably got another 4-7 months of farming to save up to get your FoS + mount.

Or... you could buy the run for like 10k and be doing it every week thereafter. Gonna let a little pride get in the way of your professor plums?
    Actually i'm just doing that, was able to get into a normal which took down Malkorok and Spoils, slowly but steady i'm getting there. I just find it rather anyoing, that the requeirments got high so much, but understandable, none likes to wipe
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

If there is even selected few its not selfish by definition of it. Please stop using words if you don't know meaning of it and check any dictionary, even online.

What is about that millennial part? You say that all people that was born between ~1980 and ~2000 are selfish. Are you using terms you don't know again? Yes, i'm from this group.

On topic - WoW is based on groups of friends, they usually form Guilds and do things together. So guildies and friends that one have closest online connection with. PuG's are random people that you team up with to achieve some goals, they can become one of this two but usually not. One group is way more social and you care about PERSONALITIES a lot more and in second group is less social and you care about PERFORMANCE a lot more.
    Last edited by Netzach; 2014-04-27 at 07:42 PM.