Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

550 ilvl still not enough for N Garrosh? *rant*

I'm locked to Paragons, I just want to kill Garrosh. Why isn't 550 ilvl enough? I understand having the legendary cloak is a very healthy dps increase but c'mon. It is manageable without it. I can still do 200k dps without it, oh and I have to link my achievement too? Give me a break. I get you don't want to sit there and wipe x number of times, I just want my kill for the week.

"LFM N GARROSH KILL 560+ ilvl"
    "LFM N GARROSH KILL PST ACHIEVE 550+ LEGENDARY CLOAK REQUIRED"

Hey guys, don't quit playing WoW when you are in the middle of your legendary quest line. The end expansion pugs will be a pain in the ass to get into because you *NEED* it.

*yes I have a guild, we only raid 2 nights a week, 4-5 hours max between the 2 days, killed siegecrafter and called it*

I'M CRY IF I DON'T GET MY WOLF MOUNT.

Maybe don't feel like you have to do everything in one week, and you can get your wolf mount when you get there with your guild?

Try to find a raid for this week in openraid. They will take you with that ilvl easily. Protip, try to work in your heal spec if your class can heal, healers can find raids like x1000 faster than a dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I'm locked to Paragons, I just want to kill Garrosh. Why isn't 550 ilvl enough? I understand having the legendary cloak is a very healthy dps increase but c'mon. It is manageable without it. I can still do 200k dps without it, oh and I have to link my achievement too? Give me a break. I get you don't want to sit there and wipe x number of times, I just want my kill for the week.

Hey guys, don't quit playing WoW when you are in the middle of your legendary quest line. The end expansion pugs will be a pain in the ass to get into because you *NEED* it.

*yes I have a guild, we only raid 2 nights a week, 4-5 hours max between the 2 days, killed siegecrafter and called it*

So.. If you're so desperate to get your wolf mount, and your guild doesn't quite cut it to clear SoO N in 2 nights, why don't you make and organize a raid of the remaining boss, like most of us do? Its really not that hard, with Openraid and whatnot, and I'm sure you could get some of your guildies to tag along, so that its not a complete pug.

If you're the one looking for a group, you have to take what you get without complaint. If you want to create your own group, you can do whatever you want.

Also, if you're not using Openraid, then you're screwing yourself.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Lead your own group, since you have a lock to Paragons, or have your guild save the lock out and do Paragons/Garrosh next week after Siegecrafter.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who doesn't use OpenRaid? And I'm not making my own group because I'm a follower, not a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    I've always hated the 'make your own group' paradigm, because the issue is that people genuinely believe you need 555+ ilevel to do NM malkorok. So when they see a leader with 540 ilevel they cry doom and leave, This is generalising, absolutely; but it seems equally wide spread in my attempts at using Openraid.

I'd personally also not encourage people with no leadership experience or any idea on strategies and such to be making groups purely because they can't find one of their own. That rarely works out well for all involved, and leads to the horror stories you hear about from people who spent 6 hours on Nazgrim or some shit. Particularly in this scenario of trying to get the end bosses dead.

It's hard to argue that there isn't something wrong with the broader community when someone who's cleared HM SoO within a month can't get into a 4/14 NM clear with a toon who's already killed Garrosh. That's the situation a lot of my toons are in right now.
    Exactly. I killed Garrosh in a 25 man guild on October 10th with a 533 ilevel - as a tank, mind you. I have a significantly larger ilevel at this point (550 as Prot, 565 as DPS; always fun when your OS is more geared than your MS), the legendary items, and yet I still won't be taken to a heroic run or even a normal Garrosh.

It's the same thing as the end of ICC. People are caught up in ilevels and gear scores, and while yes, they're generally a good indicator, they're not always correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Try to find a raid for this week in openraid. They will take you with that ilvl easily. Protip, try to work in your heal spec if your class can heal, healers can find raids like x1000 faster than a dps.
    This but even more so with tanks. You can get away with a much lower ilvl as a tank then the other two roles.

If you've killed Garrosh, link your achievement and that should be evidence that you know what you're doing. If you don't have the achievement, just admit that you wouldn't rely on anyone that hasn't demonstrated competency in clearing the content either. If they still won't take you after you show them the achievement, you probably don't want the group anyways.

The answer to these threads are always the same; form your own group if you want to make the rules.

Firstly Blizz is prolly gonna nerf SoO into the ground prolly in the next few weeks so just be patient you will get your mount.

Secondly if your sever is being a bitch about ilevel then i would recommend Oqueue or Openraid seeing that normal and heroic SoO can be done xserver

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If you get close to the end of the xpac without the kill, and this is JUST IMO OK (DON'T GO WENTHARD.COM on me) - Mal'Ganis, and many servers have 25 Normal for 10,000 gold. That's just a thoght IF AND ONLY IF you don't have the kill by the end. 10,000 gold really isn't anything this day an age.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't cry!

If you really want a kill, you can get a heroic garrosh kill with the juggernaut mount for about 350k which is a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    I can sort of deal with it to a point, since the ilevel scaling is insane right now. There is a significant difference between 540 and 555 ilevel, I can dig that.

But even with that in mind they over-exaggerate the nature of the content is the problem. Because yeah, I tanked garrosh in like 535 on one of my throw away alts, I can't even do a flex raid with it atm, the character I used for split raids last tier (hence with ra-den kills, nm garrosh etc) can't get into a NM run.

No real way to pull from personal experience without it coming off a bit smug, but it is just silly when ilevel is the absolute be all and end all and people won't waiver from their base line for any reason.

- - - Updated - - -

That hasn't been my experience, personally I've been getting 'm8 ull be 1 shot get gud and tri agin'. Once again this is 535-540 on toons with nm clears.
    I've been getting that as well.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had a guild to lean on and do normals or alts or something with. But I'm guildless ATM, and have been, so it's getting on my nerves at this point.

Welcome to people Hell, I distinctly recall pugs in Wrath demanding GS so high that you probably needed nothing from the raid to begin with.

The real humor starts when the person setting up the raid doesn't even meet his / her own requirements. "I want a smooth run" and "I want to be carried" are, at times, interchangable.

Who doesn't use OpenRaid? And I'm not making my own group because I'm a follower, not a leader.
    Then you don't get to cry about what the leaders require of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    So.. If you're so desperate to get your wolf mount, and your guild doesn't quite cut it to clear SoO N in 2 nights, why don't you make and organize a raid of the remaining boss, like most of us do? Its really not that hard, with Openraid and whatnot, and I'm sure you could get some of your guildies to tag along, so that its not a complete pug.
    raid leading is not easy is why.

Dont worry man My main a 580 ilvl ret and one of the Top dps paladins in the world for nearly a decade and I have to suck a dick to get into a flex group on my 540 Allaince Ret with a Heiroic heirloom.

Yeah man those 10 ilvls are going to make me the worst player in there my decade of experience and my main being the exact same spec killing this shit since week 1 has no water. I want to punch someone in the throat when my Alt paladin with no Oranges, ZERO tier set bonu's, and non SoO trinkets which are a HUGE impact can stomp the fuck out of 90% of the raid AND the rets who have... all those things.

Absolutely disgusting and makes me glad I don't have to pander to the cesspit for my real content.

Whatever. It's a pug and you're expected to compensate for your subpar skill with overgearing the encounter. But it's a pug, everyone will pad the shit out of adds, no DoT classes will dps mind controlled people, no one will interrupt mind controll people except for tanks and no one wants to dps their own add. Also if you're unlucky enough to get terrace, some warrior will pop his recklessness+bladestorm macro and just insantly nuke those adds. I wouldn't even pug him with a less than +560 group.

Deleted
    Why do I ask for 560+? Because I am 570+ and I want a quick easy kill with people who know what they are doing. Extend your lockouts, create another night as a one off, whatever. But I am not going to take a 540 person with no achievement, you *have* a Guild to raid with. Whinge at them as to why they won't get the kill