Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or even better, for the "less geared, less experience and no kill achievement" people. Form a low requirement group that labels "training for the kill". Sure, high experienced people won't even look at you, but people in your similar situation will be like "there is my chance for learning the fight!!!"

That way all the less geared less experienced people, can all get geared and experience at the same time!!! Isn't it a wonderful idea?

Meanwhile the more experienced and geared players and get other geared and experienced players for fast and smooth kill, everybody's happy!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    please never mention tgear score again i got really mad in wrath when i saw lfm naxx 5800 gs+ or ignore

back on top sadly is your server thats the problem ive not seen that on the servers ive been on so as the other suggested use open raid tho i personaly dont use it
    Servers isn't the problem, the OP is. There is an easy solution, OP just doesn't wanna do it because it would take effort from his side.

10+ Year Old Account
    people ask for that because gear can carry skill when you are running pugs and you are bringing someone who you are not used coordinate with. Most people who want garrosh kill want it quick and painless ie someone who has done it 100x by now and that ilvl is a good measuring stick for it.

ps. you can find flex group in OQ/Openraid for the mount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Or even better, for the "less geared, less experience and no kill achievement" people. Form a low requirement group that labels "training for the kill". Sure, high experienced people won't even look at you, but people in your similar situation will be like "there is my chance for learning the fight!!!"

That way all the less geared less experienced people, can all get geared and experience at the same time!!! Isn't it a wonderful idea?

Meanwhile the more experienced and geared players and get other geared and experienced players for fast and smooth kill, everybody's happy!!!!
    They won't do that as the you rarely find a less exp player who is willing to work his way up. It's mostly the "I want my loot now" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Who doesn't use OpenRaid? And I'm not making my own group because I'm a follower, not a leader.
    Stopped reading after this. If you aren't willing to put the effort in to make your own group, then you are at the mercy of pugs and their requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Servers isn't the problem, the OP is. There is an easy solution, OP just doesn't wanna do it because it would take effort from his side.
    well actualy no i had simmilar problems back in tot wiht my alts, was rediculously hard to get into a top pug my my shammy or druid dispite having a decent ilvl and my shammy/druid having a healer/tank spec with gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    They won't do that as the you rarely find a less exp player who is willing to work his way up. It's mostly the "I want my loot now" mentality.
    Mostly perhaps but in cases like mine where I am willing to do the work but no one will let me...what am I to do?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Taking lower geared players with no Xp turns them into higher geared players with xp which in turn leads to better groups for everyone. God damn how do you not see this
    No, I do see that. I also see that my groups are already good, and it's not my job to give that up so I can gear up and coach LFR players.. That's called carrying, something you seemed very against earlier in this thread when it was the raid leaders doing it.. you know, the ones putting in the effort of creating and leading a raid? But apparently it's good geared players' responsibility to carry those that can't be bothered with that kind of effort.

I think it would lead to better groups for everyone if people started putting in the needed effort instead of sitting around feeling entitled to boosts.

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly perhaps but in cases like mine where I am willing to do the work but no one will let me...what am I to do?
    As others have said, create your own raid.
    You don't need voice com, you don't need great gear. You just need to know tactics and be willing/able to explain them.

After a few of those, you'll have the gear needed to get into other pugs. If raid leading is completely off the table, join a guild to raid with.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-04-27 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find 9 other like minded PUGs and work towards it together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its really hard to get people to stay in your reg group if you're only 550, even if you know all the mechanics (which everyone does...there is no difference between normal and flex)

10+ Year Old Account
    They absolutely do not have to assume people suck. That's both rude and offensive. I cleared heroic raids in the past with people of the same caliber as you find on OpenRaid.

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me...
    I'd rather be an ass than waste the time of my guild by pugging a shitty player. I find people will lie to try and get into raids, I can't afford to risk the time of my guildmates on the word of some person that I don't know. I assume people are bad, mainly because the majority of players I run into know less about their class than I do. I'm willing to put the time and effort to help them improve on the condition that they want to improve and are in my guild. I'm not going to invest time in a person who isn't going to benefit me later.

Now all that being said I still ask for a reasonable ilvl for the content. I ask only 560+ and some experience for heroic.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2014-04-27 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    All in all, the point is that everyone can set their conditions for their own raid, but they often follow the wrong parameters to choose and this is frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its really hard to get people to stay in your reg group if you're only 550, even if you know all the mechanics (which everyone does...there is no difference between normal and flex)
    What if you take in people that are ilvl520-540, surely with you being 550 leading them they should be quite happily come with you for gear, experience and the kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    What if you take in people that are ilvl520-540, surely with you being 550 leading them they should be quite happily come with you for gear, experience and the kill.
    Sadly even they leave...almost always the alts of some elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh even with high gear on Garrosh normal. He's very mechanicy, so if people don't know what to do you will lose hardcore and *Know your place in his world*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netzach View Post
    I can teach my friends or guildies. I don't want to teach people i don't know.
    This selfish attitude hurts you more than you think.

I have 555 ilvl just from doing Flex, and we haven't cleared to Garrosh yet. I imagine I'll need higher ilvl in normal to balance out mistakes / other people. Having a high ilvl doesn't guarantee you a victory it's just a minimum requirement. I'm guessing from the OP you mean that you just want to be carried.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if word "selfish" means what you think it means.
    If you're not willing to teach others if they ask, that's your fault and on you. It's also not being a team player either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if word "selfish" means what you think it means.
    You think restricting your knowledge to a select few isnt selfish? No one on this planet would be educated if not for people who think exactly thr opposite of what you said.

You must be a millennial.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If you're not willing to teach others if they ask, that's your fault and on you. It's also not being a team player either.
    So deciding not to take a guy who would make the run take an hour longer than it would if he knew what to do is selfish? I disagree, because he'd be wasting an hour of 8 other people's time to help 1 guy.
    I love helping people, but I won't do it if it's detrimental to other people's experience.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-04-27 at 07:26 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU