Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    The real kicker is being 1 ilevel lower than the requirement and you have beaten that boss before, are a very good raider, have excellent raid awareness and still can't get the group that can roll the boss over.

That and the last time I joined a pug group that did one shot the boss the raid leader kicked everyone and ninja'd the loot, which according to Blizzard he can do because he never promised to dispense loot in any way and he can dispense it any way he or she chooses.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Seems like a lot of this frustration comes from OQ. People need to suggest the ability to set a comment when you join a wait list for a group. If someone said they did 200k dps and were 11/14H xp then I'd easily take them over someone 10 ilvls higher. Of course they could lie, but I doubt it'd be a huge problem considering how fast you'd get booted after the first pull. I made a garrosh pug last week and tried to look up the people I was inviting on raidbots' epeenbot while only low ilvl people were in queue. Sadly I only found logs for 1 person and they were terrible. There just isn't a way to judge people xserver most of the time, and that sucks. Having an in game log record/ranking system like logging sites would be nice for reasons like this. I can see a lot bad things that might come with it though, so I won't try to push that too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Not to be snarky, but you're saying the path is easy if you lie about your gear, have well-known names to drop in an app, and guild-hop to get geared?

How about the rest of us that were in decent US top 50/100 guilds but which weren't well known enough to name-drop, aren't willing to tell stories about our gear, and feel like joining a guild is a commitment, not just a place to grab gear?
    If you're in a US top 50/100 then you'll likely have logs. I fudged two gear levels so I wouldn't be in the 530's, and I would do it over and over again, because I'm confident in my ability to play my class. (Like I said.) I'm eternally thankful for the experience all of the guilds have given me, but in an effort to progress, guilds will probably need to be used as a launching point into other guilds. It was very much like this on Illidan. There were certain "farm" guilds whom weren't able to progress very far, but produced some exceptionally geared raiders for top tier guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Try to find a raid for this week in openraid. They will take you with that ilvl easily. Protip, try to work in your heal spec if your class can heal, healers can find raids like x1000 faster than a dps.
    Openraid's gotten really competitive lately though. Ever since normal opened up, if you're on a roster with 558 ilvl you're probably at the bottom of the barrel. Every SoO I sign up for has easily enough 560+'s to fill the raid and then some, and some formerly casual RLs have gotten a little snobby now that they can pick and choose from among 14/14 normal and heroic raiders (can't really blame them, but it's annoying for those of us with good track records to get nudged out by a single damn number). And there's a lot of runs- from what I've seen, the majority- that are 14/14 normal required.

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alternategray View Post
    Openraid's gotten really competitive lately though. Ever since normal opened up, if you're on a roster with 558 ilvl you're probably at the bottom of the barrel. Every SoO I sign up for has easily enough 560+'s to fill the raid and then some, and some formerly casual RLs have gotten a little snobby now that they can pick and choose from among 14/14 normal and heroic raiders (can't really blame them, but it's annoying for those of us with good track records to get nudged out by a single damn number). And there's a lot of runs- from what I've seen, the majority- that are 14/14 normal required.
    There has been linked often several people that take lower geared people for raids.
    Trusmoov does several weekly Flex runs and from time to time normal runs. Her ilvl requirements is 520 for Flex 1-2-3 but she can be lax on that point Flex 4 550 but that is because she does it as a race and 550 for normal sometimes 545.

Aria as well does flex sometimes (not as much anymore but she does a lot of normal and challengemode runs She does take in beginners as long the fit here requirements which is usually around 540-550 for normal regardless of experience. ofc she takes more experienced people more often.

Then there is Kalepp who does weekly/ Bi-weekly normals and flex. Flex is usually 515-520 and normal is always 540. His raids is not as hardcore and he promises only to get as far as possible within the time allowed. Experience is not a matter and sometimes he takes below 540 people with him to raids.

Lastly we have Sneezer who does lots of horde side raids. Have no idea. But have raided a lot with him personally on alliance side and he seems to be a great raid leader.

This is just a small handfull of people that takes for the most part newbies in or lower geared people. And NEITHER of these people require cloak.

If you can't find a raid that fits your requirements, then its either because you are not looking hard enough or you have really bad feedback and neither of these people will invite you.

Attendence, Feedback and rating means a lot for raid leaders on openraid and the real raidleaders use those and not ilvl to decided who comes. well ilvl decide something as well but its more lax compared to trade pugs
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-04-30 at 10:10 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Rizen, my alt is 551 without the cloak. I just finished Secrets yesterday and am starting Runestones, hopefully I'll have the cloak shortly. I just hit 90 on her a month and a half ago. I got invited to N Garrosh at 515 ilevel on her. We didn't quite get it down, but wiped due to EWC/MC's in last phase rather than healing issues. I got into a different normal fresh run a couple weeks ago at 529 ilevel, and have been very fortunate with drops since. Some of the gear is better itemized for my boomy set, but even discounting the wasted crit/hit, it was an upgrade for both int and secondary stats.

Alocin, back in DS, I led my guild's alt/newbie run (usually cleared normals and did some heroics, cleared heroic late in the nerf cycle). I was fine with people who only had LFR experience, but if I caught anybody lying and using the Achieve Faker addon or whatever it was called, I kicked and blacklisted them.

Bamboozle, I healed a 527 bear for his first Normal Garrosh kill. However, most groups want tanks with both the best gear and the most experience they can get. They might settle for a lower-geared and/or inexperienced one if they can't find anyone else, but generally healers and ranged can get into Normals at lower ilevels than tanks or mdps.

Hupriest, some guilds are doing farm/progression on heroics and don't bother with normal clear. I've actually run into quite a few people with 5-8/14H experience but who don't yet have AotC.

My guild takes people in for Garrosh with much less sometimes. We've had boosted 90s even join in on the fun. It all depends on who you encounter in this game. Some people think gear = skill, others know skill > gear.

Deleted
    Dont worry, ur wolf mount can still be obtained for quite some while.

But a problem with the game atm is that gear goes over skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesium View Post
    But a problem with the game atm is that gear goes over skill.
    what do you mean "atm"?
    It's always been like that, it's built on that foundation, it can't be any other way.