Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Troll and troll 2(worst movie ever made).
    Troll 2 was awesome. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by Snow White and the Huntsman. Didnt expect much from Kristen Steward - but she is actual decent. And Charlize Theron is always worth watching.
    It is not a palm d`or winner but perfect a saturday evening entertainment
    Personally im a sucker for scenes like this:
    I watched that clip and a few others of her actually speaking. Nope. Wooden with no emotion, as usual. I'll pass.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2014-04-28 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, I liked the first Shrek.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dark Crystal is pretty visually interesting I thought

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    Troll 2 was awesome. lol.

I watched that clip and a few others of her actually speaking. Nope. Wooden with no emotion, as usual. I'll pass.
    Yeah, gonna have to agree with you on this one. My mom and I went to see it when it was in theaters. Kristen Steward didn't do much for me until the end of the film, and even then her performance could've been better. I was more interested in the Huntsman, to be honest.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    So I watched Pan's Labyrinth and Trollhunter last night and it peaked my interest in movies with a more modern-ish take on these creatures. Any good movies you guys recommend that has these fairy tale creatures in them? Could be horror, could be drama, or comedy. Doesn't matter.
    Well, there's The Tunnel, a movie based on something "real" about a creature living in abandoned tunnels under a city. It's really freaking scary, one of the best independent horror movies I've seen.

There's The Banshee Chronicles. Maybe you can guess what that's about eh? It's a bit Lovecraftian, in that the way that people see or find these banshee's is through tampering with reality or their perception of it. Pretty solid movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    The Last Unicorn, Wizards (1977), Willow, The Neverending Story, Labyrinth, Stardust, Enchanted, The 7th Kingdom (miniseries), The Dark Crystal, The Princess Bride, Mirrormask, the varies Terry Pratchet movies (Hogfather, etc).

These are some really good old or 'not so mainstream' fantasy movies. Some may lack fantastical creatures, but I think most of them fit in nicely.
    Hah, those cartoons from the 70's are really wierd, almost creepy. Too much acid!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what you're into, but True Blood has: Vampires, Werewolves, Shape Shifters, Fairys, A Demon (Season 2), A Half vampire/Fairy (season 6).

And it's a TV show...

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of german movies like that (you need subs of cose).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Well, there's The Tunnel, a movie based on something "real" about a creature living in abandoned tunnels under a city. It's really freaking scary, one of the best independent horror movies I've seen.

There's The Banshee Chronicles. Maybe you can guess what that's about eh? It's a bit Lovecraftian, in that the way that people see or find these banshee's is through tampering with reality or their perception of it. Pretty solid movie.

Hah, those cartoons from the 70's are really wierd, almost creepy. Too much acid!
    I'll check those movies out, thanks =D

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I don't know what you're into, but True Blood has: Vampires, Werewolves, Shape Shifters, Fairys, A Demon (Season 2), A Half vampire/Fairy (season 6).

And it's a TV show...
    Isnt that a chick flick type series?

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    There is a lot of german movies like that (you need subs of cose).
    You know the names to any of them?
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Isnt that a chick flick type series?
    the novels are, the series... not so much. its somewhere between Game of Thrones and Twilight, so a good show for couples to get into.

if we're going to do TV shows though, I gotta reference Grimm, even if its quality is blah compared to a lot of these movies.