Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Me and my guild vastly prefer flex to lfr. Especially with there being two difficulties of it next expansion.
    Thats whats flex for. Guild groups.

The most addictive part of the game, at a side note. Yes, blizzard wants loyal customers.

Then make the group yourself.
    Should i ask for ilevel 560 and 14/14 exp as well then?

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Thats whats flex for. Guild groups.

The most addictive part of the game, at a side note. Yes, blizzard wants loyal customers.

If you're a hypocrite sure. Otherwise no you can ask for what you think is reasonable.

Deleted
    Thats whats flex is for. Guild groups.

Ask for whatever you want, but QQing on a 3rd party forum about them removing an item isn't getting you anywhere. If you are extremely bad, sure, go ahead, ask for 560, but any player with 500+ can easily kill most bosses in flex, but considering you get 535 welfare epics, a welfare legendary and free tier from world bosses, with vp upgrades, so if you aren't 540+ at this point, you probably dont care about pve, and thus, heirloom weapons are not targetted at you.

Deleted
    If you're a hypocrite sure. Otherwise no you can ask for what you think is reasonable.
    I think i will skip it and play a game that does not have selection as a prerequisite to get shiny heirloom items.

And which does not want you to commit to a raiding guild for the same sake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Ask for whatever you want, but QQing on a 3rd party forum about them removing an item isn't getting you anywhere.
    It's not about QQing, just about questioning blizzards attitude here.

if you aren't 540+ at this point, you probably dont care about pve, and thus, heirloom weapons are not targetted at you.
    What if i dont care about raiding but love leveling?

I think i will skip it and play a game that does not have selection as a prerequisite to get shiny heirloom items.

And which does not want you to commit to a raiding guild for the same sake.
    Oh noes, you can't get the shiny heirloom weapons that are only useful for leveling from 90 to 100 if you don't do flex plus. It's just a perk for people who have cleared Garrosh that will be meaningless when we hit 100 on Draenor.

"In addition to the above changes, when Patch 6.0 arrives:

Flexible Raid difficulty will cease to exist as it does now, and will be removed from the raid queue interface. The new Normal difficulty of Siege of Orgrimmar will offer a similar experience to that of Flexible Raid.
    The new Group Finder tool will be available, designed to help players create and find groups for Normal and Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar and other cross-realm group content.
    Siege of Orgrimmar achievements will be relabeled according to the new difficulty structure (e.g. “Heroic: Malkorok” will now be “Mythic: Malkorok”). Credit for these will be retroactively awarded to players who earned them before Patch 6.0.
    The Garrosh Hellscream “Ahead of the Curve” and “Cutting Edge” Feats of Strength will cease to be obtainable.
    This means that the Kor’kron War Wolf, awarded by the “Ahead of the Curve” Feat of Strength, will also cease to be obtainable upon release of the pre-expansion Patch 6.0.
    With the release of Patch 6.0, the drop rate of the Heirloom weapons from Garrosh Hellscream on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties will be significantly increased.
    Players who have yet to get any Heirlooms will have a 100% (guaranteed) chance of getting a spec-appropriate Heirloom when defeating Garrosh on Normal difficulty or higher.
    The chance of receiving additional Heirlooms beyond the first will also be increased."

This thread is null and void.

Deleted
    Oh noes, you can't get the shiny heirloom weapons that are only useful for leveling from 90 to 100 if you don't do flex plus. It's just a perk for people who have cleared Garrosh that will be meaningless when we hit 100 on Draenor.
    No, i just wonder why heirlooms, items which are mainly helpful for people who love questing, will drop in something like premade raids, whose players infact just dont really need them.

Deleted
    What if i dont care about raiding but love leveling?
    Your strong point is obviously not reading. The heirlooms are not standard heirlooms and do not give a leveling bonus, but again, your point is completely hypocritical. You "love leveling", but want an item which you think "speeds up leveling".

I'm done here, just another entitled player that wants everything fed on a silver spoon.

Deleted
    Your strong point is obviously not reading.
    My strong point is, that heirlooms are no real good rewards for raiders. As they are items which help in questing a lot.

No, i just wonder why heirlooms, items which are mainly helpful for people who love questing, will drop in something like premade raids, whose players infact just dont really need them.
    Nobody 'needs' them they're just a reward you can earn, like raid mounts. A reward for the effort put into it. I'm sorry but lfr requires next to no effort and that's why its rewards are being scaled back a bit and they don't get mounts etc.

Deleted
    Nobody 'needs' them they're just a reward you can earn, like raid mounts. A reward for the effort put into it. I'm sorry but lfr requires next to no effort and that's why its rewards are being scaled back a bit and they don't get mounts etc.
    Then they should get shiny mounts, or what do you think. As like "Big white special super Snowflake", the flying horse.

But not.. heirlooms.. which are infact more interesting to people who never would play premade group raids but who stick to questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad, gives people an incentive to raid now.
    Actually no it doesn't if anything it just pushes me further away from ever resubbing. I understand certain achievements being removed once the patch is outdated but Heirlooms ? Why there is not 1 good reason to remove them other than appealing to the elitist that want to show off items they got that others can't get anymore. If anything keeping the heirlooms as raid drops would have been an incentive to run SoO, since most of the gear in that raid is ugly as shit anyways.

I think they should keep them even if it's as a valor vendor item. Removing them from the game is completely idiotic and defeats the purpose of introducing them in the first place. Every time I read one of these new posts about WoD from Blizzard they just keep reassuring me that I should stay unsubbed and as far from their game as possible.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Then they should get shiny mounts, or what do you think. As like "Big white special super Snowflake", the flying horse.

But not.. heirlooms.. which are infact more interesting to people who never would play premade group raids but who stick to questing.
    Everybody has to level to 100 whether you raid or not, they'll still be useful to raiders trying to get to 100. You could even argue they're MORE valuable to raiders because the hardcore raiders will be trying to rush to max level and the heirlooms will help them get there faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It has probably been said already, but the reason for them to remove the SOO heirlooms in 6.0 is that they want to force a couple more people to flock back to the game now, when they are facing a huge lull. It's more or less the same idea as preorder - preorder now to get a carrot, because they want you to give them money and register in their books now rather than later - same with the heirlooms: go raid SOO now to get a carrot, because they need you now.

If you have already decided that you are going to play WoD, it's not a bad deal. If you haven't decided yet, due to no flying or whatever, obviously, ignore this "come back now or lose it" nonsense - there'd be no shortage of "come back or lose it" stuff later on, you can't hit them all.
    "Garrosh Heirlooms: These will be easier to get when 6.0 hits including a 100% chance of getting a spec-appropriate heirloom if you've gotten none. These weapons are later removed in Warlords of Draenor." (Source: mmo-champion.com and http://www.wowhead.com/news=237363/s...rds-of-draenor )

Deleted
    Everybody has to level to 100 whether you raid or not, they'll still be useful to raiders trying to get to 100. You could even argue they're MORE valuable to raiders because the hardcore raiders will be trying to rush to max level and the heirlooms will help them get there faster.
    The hardcore raiders will mainly look for mob spots to farm them. I think a super-duper-heroic weapon just would beat a flex heirloom here, or what do you think? And are those hardcore raiders playing a lot of alts normally? As we talk about heirlooms here. Items you give to alts.

I would believe that alt players are often playing casually. And that hardcore gamers focus on their main char.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    "Garrosh Heirlooms: These will be easier to get when 6.0 hits including a 100% chance of getting a spec-appropriate heirloom if you've gotten none. These weapons are later removed in Warlords of Draenor." (Source: mmo-champion.com and http://www.wowhead.com/news=237363/s...rds-of-draenor )
    You read it, guys and girls.. now go and do Watcher a favor and resub, to get those great heirlooms every raider and none raider needs to level up your main! As leveling up is so much challenging and you need every help as a .. organized raider.. to .. level.. properly.

Deleted
    My strong point is, that heirlooms are no real good rewards for raiders. As they are items which help in questing a lot.
    This dichotomy is, simply put, bullshit. People who raid often play other parts of the game - they have alts too. I know, it's a shocking idea. You try to push the concept of raiders being some isolated special caste of people who log in, raid, log out, doing nothing more in the game at all. While such people ofc exist (just as you could find people who ONLY do arenas, or people who ONLY log in to level new alts and then abandon them at 90), the truth of the matter is that most WoW players dabble in a bit of everything. Casual raiding doesn't require anything special, it's not rocket science - and most people who get those heirlooms are just that, casual raiders who clear flex or normal with their friends, guildies and the occasional pug. If you're just too lazy to step out of your comfort zone to get a reward, and instead prefer to whine about not getting said reward for free, then you have only yourself to blame. And please don't give us the usual bs about time, you have the time to spam the forum with multiple whiny posts, so you're clearly not *that* busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What I don't understand is why people think the heirlooms will matter when you're leveling. At most it'll allow you to sell off some quest rewards. Other than that, you'll be 100 before you know it and replacing it with the first blue item you come across... possibly a green for some people.

There's nothing wrong with having gear that only drops for a limited period of time in the game. it just gives people and incentive to get out there and do content while it's current instead of soloing it for heirlooms when they're 100.
    This, I really feel like people are really blowing their significance out of proportion. They'll be mildly useful leveling from 90 to 100 then they're completely useless. They go away when WoD launches but I don't see that as a big deal either. The only thing that will be special about them at 100 is the weapon models if you happen to like them.

- - - Updated - - -

The hardcore raiders will mainly look for mob spots to farm them. I think a super-duper-heroic weapon just would beat a flex heirloom here, or what do you think? And are those hardcore raiders playing a lot of alts normally? As we talk about heirlooms here. Items you give to alts.

I would believe that alt players are often playing casually. And that hardcore gamers focus on their main char.

- - - Updated - - -

You read it, guys and girls.. now go and do Watcher a favor and resub, to get those great heirlooms every raider and none raider needs to level up your main! As leveling up is so much challenging and you need every help as a .. organized raider.. to .. level.. properly.
    Nobody 'needs' them. Not the most casual of players, not the most hardcore of raiders or pvpers. They are a small, mild benefit as a reward for organized raiding that are only usable in a ten level window and become useless at level cap. I'm so sorry your alts won't have an heirloom for 10 levels because blizz decided to do something neat as a reward for a part of the game that requires actual effort and coordination.

I can understand why some people are disapointed or upset over tier and trinkets not being in lfr in WoD, but frankly you're coming across as 'waaa I want the bonus heirloom but don't want to earn it.' If you needed the heirloom to fly in WoD or if it was anything but a small benefit I might see where you're coming from.
    Last edited by Florena; 2014-05-10 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a side note, apparently the plan for the Garrosh heirlooms is for them to be roughly equal to a dungeon blue at level 100 (all of them will have the same stats at level 100, but higher difficulty heirlooms will be stronger while leveling).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

The hardcore raiders usualy have several alts that they gear up and get ready with their main for raiding, the heirloom will only speed up the leveling in the part its equal to a blue of same level(atleast that is how the other heirlooms are, except at 90 where it is as a epic) and remove the need to change weapon every level.
    So removing the need to change weapon and make it as a blue in statbudget will help the raiders a lot the first few weeks and if you love leveling as you say why do you want to make it faster?
    Also flex is pretty faceroll, did a run with around 522ilvl, only honor gear and 1 tier item from celestials and every was around 530-540 top and got my heirloom.
    You got 4-6weeks of 100% guaranteed drop for the first heirloom before it get removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    This dichotomy is, simply put, bullshit. People who raid often play other parts of the game - they have alts too. I know, it's a shocking idea.
    No, it is not really shocking. It wont let my argumentation suffer. As we talk about items that help on questing a lot which are being obtained from raiding a lot.

You try to push the concept of raiders being some isolated special caste of people who log in, raid, log out, doing nothing more in the game at all. While such people ofc exist (just as you could find people who ONLY do arenas, or people who ONLY log in to level new alts and then abandon them at 90), the truth of the matter is that most WoW players dabble in a bit of everything.
    It is interesting you pretend to know that. Have you got any statistics backing you up here?

casual raiders who clear flex or normal with their friends, guildies and the occasional pug.
    Last time i checked Boubouilles statistic of how many people killed flex garrosh it was around 10%, the same percentage of people who killed normal siegecrafter. So your argument that "every casual raider" could get it seems a little bit void to me. Also considering the fact that a very big lot of people play LFR, and not flex, normal or even heroic raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fail View Post
    The hardcore raiders usualy have several alts that they gear up and get ready with their main for raiding
    I am amazed about how you seem to know about what hardcore raiders usually have.