Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Should I Resubscribe?

Hi everyone,

I have had a bit of a break from WoW for the past six months. I stopped playing mainly because I could not devote the necessary time to raid at the level that I wanted, and also had no real urge to log on. The sense of community had gone, and it did not feel like I was in an active WoW environment within my guild and friends list.

Lately, WoW has been on my mind, and I must admit I am tempted to renew my subscription and see whether I can get some enjoyment out of the game I have played on and off for eight years now. However, I don't really know what I will be going back to if I do log back in. Obviously, WoD is due out this year, so that has a bit of a pull for me, but I am not entirely sure what I'll be going back to in this period before a new expansion which is renowned for its tedium.

If anyone can give me an insight into their experiences on this topic it would be gratefully received.

N.B. I know this is a bit of a non-topic in some ways, but I am just trying to air my thoughts.

Cheers,

Cathbad

When's the new, free weekend for returning players or something event gonna happen again? I remember they did that back when ToT came out.

Anyways, if you join now, there's lot of things to do. Never too late to try flex (and get your Iron Juggernaut/Kor'Kron War wolf before their drop rates go to 1%/unobtainable achievement, do some RP, join in on the PvP (It's a little late though, people now have full season gear), etc. That's up to you.

Personally, I'm in it for Moon Guard's RP-PvP events.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hve only been gone for 6 months, you can wait for a few more for the pre-patch to come, everything will change and more to do for you the month or two before the expansion then

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbad View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have had a bit of a break from WoW for the past six months. I stopped playing mainly because I could not devote the necessary time to raid at the level that I wanted, and also had no real urge to log on. The sense of community had gone, and it did not feel like I was in an active WoW environment within my guild and friends list.

Lately, WoW has been on my mind, and I must admit I am tempted to renew my subscription and see whether I can get some enjoyment out of the game I have played on and off for eight years now. However, I don't really know what I will be going back to if I do log back in. Obviously, WoD is due out this year, so that has a bit of a pull for me, but I am not entirely sure what I'll be going back to in this period before a new expansion which is renowned for its tedium.

If anyone can give me an insight into their experiences on this topic it would be gratefully received.

N.B. I know this is a bit of a non-topic in some ways, but I am just trying to air my thoughts.

Cheers,

Cathbad
    Eh it's the stale time so it's prolly the worst time to resub. Hit it up when the prepatch hits to get familiar with changes imo.

The only real benefit to joining now would be establishing yourself within a raiding roster over the next 6 months.

All those articles about empty WoW cities etc. are getting to you too? If circumstances allow it - resub for month and see how it goes. There is always a number of things to do in WoW, just might take some time to find the right stuff.

Dont you have a starter edition on your account ?

thats the way i did it .... roll a new toon poke around ...chat with the people you know and see if the feeling of playing again realy kicks in.

ofc it is not raiding or endgame but .... it might give you a feeling if you want to resub or not.

Deleted
    Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Cathbad
    To be honest.

Right now in our current expansion, you are pretty locked in lvl 90, if you buy WoD and get your free lvl 90 character, you will have 2 Raids which is viable for your character, You will probably have to farm LFR (Looking for raid finder) to get some decent gear and if your intentions is to do normal raiding, you will probably still need LFR gear and gear from Timeless isle (The new daily island) where you will be farming rares and coins for gear and other stuff.

Though!

If you choose to return, and as you mentioned with upcoming Warlords of Draenor (WoD), I'd recommend to make your character and just fill up it's gear, eventually cap your professions, just generally make yourself prepared for WoD.

But there is a lot of stuff to do and explore in Mists of Pandaria, if you haven't played the expansion before. Etc. See the Isle of Thunder (where Throne of the Thunder raid is located), farm reputation, check out The Tillers and create your own farm, Check out prev. old raids if your into that.

But right now, most people who have been playing Mists of Pandaria (MoP) since launch are generally bored with the game, since most is locked onto the raid Siege of Orgrimmar (SoO), Timeless isle and farming Quest items for their legendary quest line.

But i recommend your try out the 10-day trial for MoP, or you can download the PTR and create a lvl 90 that way and check out MoP (No idea if thats possible if u haven't got the expansion on your current account).

But good luck deciding!

10+ Year Old Account
    No new content = no sub. Wait until 6.0, then decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice is to wait til 2 weeks before WoD launch. Gives you enough time to get your boosted 90 up, collect some gear off the isle, maybe see Siege of Orgrimmar then on launch day your right on par with everyone else.

If you start the grind now, it will be ages before WoD and you'll get sick of it!
    Hi

Wait until the release date for WoD is announced, resub 2-3 months before.

Wildstar comes out in like 33 days or so with the may 31st headstart just wait for that instead dont bother resubbing to wow their taking all the good things away in WoD to artifically extend the content. Wildstar devs ACTUALLY listen & care just look at that sick UI 2.0 they made after all the feedback they got from beta testers.

No, the content is exactly the same as when you left 6 months ago, except people are leaving in droves until WoD comes out.

Don't waste your money and give Blizzard some cash they don't deserve right now.

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Cathbad
    No don't resub infact lfr has no tier in wod in lfr just avoid wow like the plague soon!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The only real benefit to joining now would be establishing yourself within a raiding roster over the next 6 months.
    I feel this needs highlighting some more. If you are intending to raid in WoD now is a decent time to get back into the game. That way it gives you a bit of time to find a guild before progression starts. Most guilds won't have finalised their roster for next tier yet, so it's a decent time to look for a guild, especially as rosters are going to be changing somewhat with the changes to raiding structure. What were previously 10 man normal mode guilds have room for more people with flex being added to all but the highest raid difficulty. 10 man heroic guilds will be looking to bolster their roster to be able to do 20 man mythic. Even though come WoD 25 man heroic guilds will be fielding 20 man raids plenty are still recruiting, either due to people leaving or just to get the best possible lineup.

If you are thinking of coming back and raiding in WoD you have to realise that you won't be alone in thinking that. If you get in ahead of time and find yourself a decent guild you'll be ahead of the crowd.

It also sounds like you might be looking for a guild that has a good raiding time to progress ratio. In my experience these guilds don't tend to shed members very quickly, so I wouldn't leave it too late to try and get into one.

I wouldn't. It feels great to be on a break until WoD. I don't think there was much added within those 6 months so you're not missing anything. If enough people are unsubscribing maybe blizz will take the hint to keep adding new content next time. I can't believe this is all we get for months. I really hate the 'last update patch' before the new expansion