Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    No there ain't.


    No, there isn't.


    You can feel that way all you like, but it's not how life is. Life is 95% failure, sorry bud.
    Obviously we are not going to get on the same page here. I feel sorry for people who just lay down and accept 95% failure, but if they do accept that then they have no right to cry about it.

  2. #282
    Dreadlord Rivyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's out house (Missouri)
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    No there ain't.


    No, there isn't.


    You can feel that way all you like, but it's not how life is. Life is 95% failure, sorry bud.
    A person who thinks like this is a person who has fully given up. If you can not be bothered to think of another way or find another group then you simply have neither will to move forward and or the drive to achive. Simply put you are already dead inside and just waiting for the clock to run out.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post
    Actually, it's more like paying for a gym membership, going for 2-3 hours per week or just standing around out front, and then getting mad at the owners and demand that they make you just as fit/strong as those that spend 2-3 hours per day exercising.

    I totally agree. I miss exclusivity too. There has only been maybe 1 year long period of my life where I was able to obtain items/cheeves/gear that would fall under that category, but I've never been mad that my life got in the way of me getting it later on.

    I'm also tired of this constant "balancing" to make every class the same just because Timmy is sad that his class isn't top dps or doesn't have every single spell everyone else has. I miss classes having a uniqueness to them, even it if made other classes jealous once in a while.
    You guys have some kind of self-delusion going on, everyone keeps acting as if clearing LFR means you get all the same gear, achievements, titles, prestige, etc as doing it on heroic.

  4. #284
    I think it is actually a combination of points:

    1) Everyone that has bought the game should be ABLE to access the content (that means that 100% of people should be able to get through the entire game given enough effort)
    AND
    2) Everything should be handed to you just because you logged in.

    I would say only the vocal trolls really run away with number 2. However, I think the vast majority of people are in support of number 1. The problem really has more to do with the aging population in WoW. As WoW players get older, they lack the time commitment needed to grind the way they did before. They still want access to the content that they pay for while they maintain their actual lives.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I completely agree with you. The only reason I ever started raiding (in vanilla) was because of the people I saw in IF in full T2 and awesome weapons. The realm was very populated back then, but everyone knew their names and looked up to them, they were the closest thing you can get to a celebrity in WoW.

    There was no entitlement. Everyone understood that these guys were better than them, and that they had put in a lot of effort to get it, and we were perfectly happy grinding for epic mount and running UBRS in our blue gear while admiring the hell out of them whenever we saw them.

    It's like with gold IRL. The ONLY reason people want real gold jewelry is because gold is rare. If gold suddenly because extremely plentiful and cheap, no one would appreciate it the same way.
    Please, please speak for yourself. I failed to admire those people. It was even harder to admire them when it became known that many, many of the server first guilds went to beta to test, found the unreported bugs that made the game easier and then exploited the hell out of them instead of reporting them. Rather it was wall walking or using game items in unintended ways, the vast majority through out the years cheated their way to the top (with bans for some of them and almost bans for others).

    That being said, I really could care less about someone that makes an "achievement" in a video game. Normally, that is the person that fails to achieve anything outside of the video game (granted this is not always the case).

    Also, you can be the best gamer and player in the world and you still need to find 24 other players that are as good as you are to get anywhere. That is a big draw back in MMOs.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    This seems to be the last post on a page and deserves to be read, so BUMP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycki View Post
    Perhaps it has something to do with the new 'wider appeal' demographic. The constant need for reward for even the most trivial things seems to play a role.

    Great article, thanks for posting.
    I would have missed this one if not for you quoting it, thank you. Such a great article.

  6. #286
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Obviously we are not going to get on the same page here.
    Guess not.
    I feel sorry for people who just lay down and accept 95% failure, but if they do accept that then they have no right to cry about it.
    Funnily rnough, they don't actually moan much, they just give up. As blizzard wants their money, blizzard changes their approach to get it.

    But there is nothing blizzard can do aout the fundamental issue, which is the lack of raid leaders in the playerbase.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Becuse that has everything to do with raiding..
    while I am at it, how about I link my holiday achivements, pvp achivements, and battle pet achivements too?
    So, in other words YOU are so single minded that exclusivity = raiding - he ( = op) wanted to be a special snowflake, he wants to archive something (alone) and for that type brawlers guild exists...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    You should quit because you are wasting your money.
    No, you should cause you are unhappy with the game = YOU waste money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    flex is faster than LFR, quicker to form than LFR, more fun than LFR. unless you think mindlessly slapping your keyboard is fun, idk
    that is YOUR opinion - in fact forming flex pre oqueue took waaaaaaaaaay longer and know what? you can do other stuff while queueing for lfr....

    Quote Originally Posted by ronocko View Post
    14 bosses in SoO you get 1 piece of loot or gold from every boss and while you can get very unlucky streaks of gold it is very very unlikely it'll take anyone longer than a month to gear a char.
    You dont know RNG do u? ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Maybe I'm crazy, but how is standing in a spot, and doing your rotation... in the same spot. To complete the entire raid on the first day.
    Gotta love how people who have fucking zero clue about LFR bitch about it - lfr is ALLWAYS opened waaay after normal, and ALLWAYS in parts (ie SoO was Part 1 - 2 weeks later - Part 2 etc....)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
    I'm very old-school WoW with the notion that you had to earn your loot by putting time into conquering difficult content. I do think you should be able to clearly distinguish players who have put time into difficult content vs players who have only done the bare minimum on the lowest content.
    mh.. did they kill archivements? no they didnt - and btw legendary qline is way better in lfr gear only :-P

    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I would LOVE if they brought back all tiers being relevant. instead of just skipping into LFR you had to do the raids 1-2 tiers behind. That way you can gear up while actually raiding and not just do mindless lfr.
    And only guys with half a toon can think of this as a good idea.... tbc gating was the worst ever...

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Guess not.


    Funnily rnough, they don't actually moan much, they just give up. As blizzard wants their money, blizzard changes their approach to get it.

    But there is nothing blizzard can do aout the fundamental issue, which is the lack of raid leaders in the playerbase.
    Oh I fully understand that financially it makes sense for blizzard to do whatever it takes to keep as many people as possible. But that does not stop me from bemoaning the root cause of the required changes, the people.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Becuse that has everything to do with raiding..
    while I am at it, how about I link my holiday achivements, pvp achivements, and battle pet achivements too?
    So, in other words YOU are so single minded that exclusivity = raiding - he ( = op) wanted to be a special snowflake, he wants to archive something (alone) and for that type brawlers guild exists...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    You should quit because you are wasting your money.
    No, you should cause you are unhappy with the game = YOU waste money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    flex is faster than LFR, quicker to form than LFR, more fun than LFR. unless you think mindlessly slapping your keyboard is fun, idk
    that is YOUR opinion - in fact forming flex pre oqueue took waaaaaaaaaay longer and know what? you can do other stuff while queueing for lfr....

    Quote Originally Posted by ronocko View Post
    14 bosses in SoO you get 1 piece of loot or gold from every boss and while you can get very unlucky streaks of gold it is very very unlikely it'll take anyone longer than a month to gear a char.
    You dont know RNG do u? ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Maybe I'm crazy, but how is standing in a spot, and doing your rotation... in the same spot. To complete the entire raid on the first day.
    Gotta love how people who have fucking zero clue about LFR bitch about it - lfr is ALLWAYS opened waaay after normal, and ALLWAYS in parts (ie SoO was Part 1 - 2 weeks later - Part 2 etc....)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
    I'm very old-school WoW with the notion that you had to earn your loot by putting time into conquering difficult content. I do think you should be able to clearly distinguish players who have put time into difficult content vs players who have only done the bare minimum on the lowest content.
    mh.. did they kill archivements? no they didnt - and btw legendary qline is way better in lfr gear only :-P

    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I would LOVE if they brought back all tiers being relevant. instead of just skipping into LFR you had to do the raids 1-2 tiers behind. That way you can gear up while actually raiding and not just do mindless lfr.
    And only guys with half a toon can think of this as a good idea.... tbc gating was the worst ever...

  10. #290
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Oh I fully understand that financially it makes sense for blizzard to do whatever it takes to keep as many people as possible. But that does not stop me from bemoaning the root cause of the required changes, the people.
    The root cause is blizzards design, not the people.

    A genuine system of effort would see HC raid equivalent gear available at the end of some scary ass farm session, or incredibly lengthy and tightly tuned solo quest series or some such. But instead blizzard chooses to gate their content behind player side issues and only gives the best stuff out in a very hard to organise format that requires out of game co ordination..

    I find it a bit weird that they leave the basic success of their game in the hands of a legion of untrained volunteers who are often as not terrible at the job, but here we are.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  11. #291
    It's like buying a gym membership, then complaining because you don't have time to use all the equipment and demand they give you some (I know this is apples and oranges, but it's the best example I could think of at the time of writing).
    Actually, it's more like going to a gym and seeing that all they have are the absolute most heaviest weights that humans could expect to lift. So you say to the owner, "What if you had some lighter weights for people like me to start out with?" and he agrees.

    Next day while you're lifting your lighter weights, all the uber bodybuilders are watching you and saying,

    "I don't think he deserves to build any muscle lifting those little weights!"

    "Muscle should be more exclusive, it's not right that he gets muscle too, he's only lifting tiny weights!"

    "I wish the owner would just remove those lighter weights!"

    "It really diminishes my feeling of accomplishement seeing someone else getting in shape lifting smaller weights, why am I even bothering?"


    The whole time they're ignoring that they're still 5x stronger than the guy lifting the light weights. And besides, why do they care so much about some scrawny guy trying to get into shape?
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2014-04-29 at 09:16 PM.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Funnily rnough, they don't actually moan much, they just give up. As blizzard wants their money, blizzard changes their approach to get it.
    It's all the fault of the hardcores, you see. They just suck at being sufficiently lucrative. Total failboats, they are.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycki View Post
    Perhaps it has something to do with the new 'wider appeal' demographic. The constant need for reward for even the most trivial things seems to play a role.


    I can quite honestly say, I don't agree with any of that. Not all American players think they way this guy thinks we do. In fact, there are no doubt plenty of people all over the world that think this way- not just America side. He's basically generalizing.

    For example:

    I have never expected things to just be handed to me. I have never expected the game to be easier- just for my old ass (okay, I'm almost 40, not that old, but still) just because I have outside commitments. Round about 10 years ago (or close to it), I had a bit more time to devote to gaming. Around the time BC came out, that completely changed- I started working shift work. Do you know what a pain in the arse it is to get a raiding group together at 7 in the morning on a US server? Impossible.

    Did I go to the forums begging Blizzard to make it easier on me to get into raids? No. Come to think about it, I don't recall more than one serious post on the matter of an "easy mode" raid.

    But, on that same note, I've also come to terms that the world has moved on. Just because YOU can't move on with it doesn't mean the game should just stay one way.
    WoW was originally advertized as a game for everyone. It was never meant to be a hardcore game.


    I swear, Bliz ought to- just for one expac (since we're lab rats anyways)- make it to where raid tier has one item level for an entire expac. Make things based on actual skill rather than just gear and skill. So one ilvl for LFR players (700), one for normal moders (705), and one for heroic raiders (710). And then make heroic mode absolutely hard- hard enough to where the only people that are getting through them are the best of the best.

    I bet you guys would be here crying about it because "It's too hard."
    Last edited by taheen74; 2014-04-29 at 11:25 PM.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

  14. #294
    It's not, it makes game interesting and makes it worth to try harder.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    ...only gives the best stuff out in a very hard to organise format that requires out of game co ordination..
    1. It is not very hard to organize. It requires such a small amount of effort. Part of playing an online game is working with others.
    2. Organization and coordination with others are fucking everyday life skills, everyone needs them, its not too much of a stretch to expect them.
    Last edited by cabyio; 2014-04-30 at 07:50 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •