Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    I guess to differentiate between LFR and normal? Who knows. I don't care personally because of transmog. Most people will just switch sets and you won't be able to tell who is who unless you have an addon that tells you their ilvl or inspect them.
    I mean one COULD TELL if they inspect them but again I personally think this is all unnecessary.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

LFR looks like blues from wrath of the lich king. It's poor quality greys and browns. Looks like I am going back to heroics as I do not want this filth. This is just punishing people who don't have time to raid with a guild with the ugliest dirt from under the art staff's ass.

If this is the lfr/flex set, why 3 diff colors like current mode separation?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxius View Post
    LFR looks like blues from wrath of the lich king. It's poor quality greys and browns. Looks like I am going back to heroics as I do not want this filth. This is just punishing people who don't have time to raid with a guild with the ugliest dirt from under the art staff's ass.
    You can still do Normal Flex in WoD which wont be that difficult, its meant to be puggable, And i am pretty sure that you can do all these raids cross realm except for Mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is seriously the ugliest group of armor models I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by halonos View Post
    Maybe diff color for each raid tier of LFR? 6.0, 6.2, 6.4

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean one COULD TELL if they inspect them but again I personally think this is all unnecessary.
    Exactly. Like many, I don't have time to raid, so I'm stuck going through LFR for gear and seeing the content. Pre-SoO it was actually okay most days...but once Flex came out along with SoO, LFR has actually become...well, quite a process. I'm trying to think of the right way to word this, as I don't feel I'm entitled to anything that those in normal or guilds are getting...it sucked I wasn't able to try and get a BoA weapon from Garrosh, but such is life.

Now, unless this has yet to be cleared up (and hopefully it will be soon), these are replacing the tier sets in LFR? I completely agree that Xmog will almost nullify the changes in the end; however, I think it's incredibly silly of Blizzard to do this in the first place. It was nice to be able to get a tier set through LFR, and I think the changes in colours were fine for getting the point across that we're not "actual" raiders, if that's how some want to view it. I just liked having the option to get the set if I chose to wear it.

If this is the new gear, then as someone mentioned earlier, we might as well just wear random questing gear, as this literally looks like "starting zone" gear for a character. It's so generic and..."pawn" like...you're not a hero in this gear, you're a lowly pawn in the war.

Again, I know xmog makes it almost a non-existent argument...but if this is how it's going to be, then I'll never even have the option of wearing the tier sets, because I can't raid outside of LFR. I think it's a silly change, and it's a step backwards if they think it'll make people go, "Well, I better actually raid now or I'll look stupid!" because most people running LFR have no other option.

Plus, when push comes to shove, at least in a raiding guild on Normal, you're experiencing the content with friends and all that. If anything, LFR is just a major headache from start to finish until you eventually make it through. Again, I hope I worded this in a way that doesn't sound whiney...that's not my intention...I just want to have the option of a varied coloured tier gear of the current tier when running said raid -- even if it is just LFR.

The whole point of LFR was to make raiding possible for nice gear puggable without having to go looking for a group that doesn't expect you to have better gear than the raid itself in order to join them. Doing flex just takes me back to spending hours finding a group and then not having enough time to complete the raid. All to make sure I get gear that is repulsive when I can get better gear now in heroics. The pandarian recolours for sets were ugly for example, but at least it makes a player feel like they're getting something worth dealing with horrible people for two hours or wiping on a harder boss 5 times due to an entire team of level boosters.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heh looks the people who were offended by the existence of LFR got what they wanted. Oh well, with oQueue more or less being built into WoD, Flex will be the new LFR. That is going to really suck for the people who enjoyed pug raids / the people who enjoyed Flex. I suppose this is how Blizzard "fixed" it when they realized that as long as LFR was more convenient AND gave decent loot that looked cool, it would always be preferable to Flex. I mean I run Flex anyway, and I can't see this being a positive change for ANYONE.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The whole point of LFR was to make raiding possible for nice gear puggable without having to go looking for a group that doesn't expect you to have better gear than the raid itself in order to join them. Doing flex just takes me back to spending hours finding a group and then not having enough time to complete the raid. All to make sure I get gear that is repulsive when I can get better gear now in heroics. The pandarian recolours for sets were ugly for example, but at least it makes a player feel like they're getting something worth dealing with horrible people for two hours or wiping on a harder boss 5 times due to an entire team of level boosters.
    OQ flex que time is way less than LFR, and the whole point of LFR was to see content not to get geared up.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by halonos View Post
    They usually make 3+ colors of almost every set, even if the other colors are never used.

This is why blizzard is changing this, exactly. They wanted people to see the content they created. And tourist mode turned into welfare epic mode. You still have transmog dude. Lighten up.

I don't see why people think the mail set is rogue themed. It's obviously chain mail with an archer hood. Looks nothing like what a rogue would wear.

These sets look amazing. Like, truly inspired.

All this complaining?

Why does it matter what the gear looks like guys? I thought you just wanted to see the content guys

>implying people who don't raid deserve cool looking gear.

eh i dont know how i feel about those LFR sets, only one that looks decent is the mail one

How ironic that the sets look better than most MoP sets.

Though I suppose thats not fair, the best set of MoP was the shado-pan gear. Which no one can get.

"BLAARGH THE SETS ARE SO BAD!" That's what people say about everything for literally every expansion so i hope Blizzard doesnt take the obligatory inflow of hate seriously unless it's backed up by constructive criticism. I know it's subjective, and im not claiming to be the Aesthics Arbiter here, but as a long time Wow player, i've seen many sets. Some iffy, some good, and i think these are actually pretty okay. They aren't bad but not too over the top either. They're simplistic in design, especially plate, mail, and leather (which, ironically is what everybody on MMO-Champion seemed to have been asking for ever since the first datamined gear/weapons were found. Just goes to show how much people just like to hate on things in WoW's shitty community.). All-in-all, They look like the equivalent of questing blues, and seeing that this was DM'd for LFR it's not too concerning. They didn't say it was tier armor so whatevs. Blizz is doing a good job so far despite all the non-constructive criticisms coming out of everybody's buttholes-for-mouths.

Still annoys me that Blizz completely forgot what materials look like; everything looks like chunky foam rubber cosplay these days.
    You're saying the tattooed on, cardboard armor of Classic - Cata looks better than the armor that actually looks like you're wearing something? While i agree the armor somewhat looks a bit like paper mache, it also looks thick, course, and roughly chiseled, which fits the savage stone-age that is Draenor and is MUCH better and more detailed than most of the paper & paint gear we have now. It's just a design choice that probably looks weird outside of WoW, but will probably fit the environment of Draenor quite well.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2014-04-28 at 02:03 AM.

Our daily fix of WOW news is here, YAY!

Nomnomnomnom