Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    Iron Juggernaut and Malkorok are the only patchwerk fights in SoO where you can compare pure single target dps.
    Exactly my point, why care about single-target. Regardless, arms is one of the lowest single-target specs and i pulled 169k on Iron juggernaught with 505 ilvl.

Lfr is no enjoyable experience. Do exactly what all others do and afk the crap out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    SMH I remember this... dark days....

YES, THE INTELLECT SHIELD FROM BLACKHORN FINALLY DROPPED!!!!!

Enhanceshamanlol Rolls 98.
    Enhanceshamanlol recieves loot: [Timepiece of the Bronze Flight]
    [Raid] Holypalaqt: You've got to be kidding me... he's fucking Enhance.
    [Raid] Elementalxo: Sighhh, same shit different week
    [Raid] Enhanceshamanlol: rofl u mad fgts???
    [Raid] Restoking: What a sack of shit you are, you don't even have an off-spec.
    [Raid] Enhanceshamanlol: QQ moar pls hahah, nice 25 gold I just made o//

And it wasn't just shit like this, whether it was boomkins taking agility gear, people needing on things they already had or half guild runs vaccuum'ing up every drop, I really don't think the DS LFR loot system was that great.
    DS LFR was wonderful. I can bring ~10 people with me and we would have monopoly over almost everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I run several alts thru LFR weekly and rarely have any issues.
    This! Enough said! Just because you get unlucky doesn't mean the entire system is broken. You are always free to leave a bad group and find another one.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Your 500 ilvl druid complains about other 500 ilevel dps?

Do you expect to be carried by 550+ ilevels?

The difference between LFR and heroic gear is too big.
    The heroic gear can do 2 to 3 times.
    Nope it's fine. And still, you can dish out more DPS with 500, than most Lfr Players do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Exactly my point, why care about single-target. Regardless, arms is one of the lowest single-target specs and i pulled 169k on Iron juggernaught with 505 ilvl.
    Your DPS is way higher than even simcraft ones and I won't believe it until you bring the logs (well actually could happen if you have uber weapon and trinkets and crappy small pieces)
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-04-28 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I'm not so sure, many of the players who complain about the quality of LFR players do work in teams.

But truly - what is more selfish; to not even make a good effort because figuring out the best way to help your party is too complicated for you to figure out and a waste of your time, or to want people to bring their A game to wherever they go?

you know what happens when you play basketball and you suck at it? you either play harder to better serve your team or quit/get replaced. I mean if you're just playing with friends, they aren't going to ask you to be a great player right off the bat, but they are going to want you to put in some effort.

I mean, you look at these people and think they are jerks... But if it makes me a jerk to say that spending my time with people who aren't even trying or willing to try to stand next to me sounds like a waste of my time, then it's kind of like I'm water and you're calling me wet.

It's not shameful; you cannot criticize it. It just simply is.
    A lot of players don't want to research a video game to play it up to the standards of other random players. They'd rather just play the game and figure it out as they go. Just because they don't know what's best doesn't mean they aren't trying. It just means they can't be bothered to research, and there's nothing wrong with that. And then there's the ones that simply don't have the mechanical skill required to be good. I'm pretty sure it's not selfish to not be a great player. And besides, raid finder was specifically designed for players who either don't want to bother with people constantly, or aren't that good. It's selfish for other people to go in there and try to change the intended audience.

Pulled off 242k dps on Sha of Pride on my 505 arms warrior
    It is NOT possible. LoL.

The last patch has 4 tiers.
    That is crazy. It should do half tier between each difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    70k dps is difficult for a lot of LFR players to push in ilv 500 gear
    I hate this mentality. I remember doing 80k dps on our 1st stone guard kill at 464 ilvl. 100k should be the absolute minimum people should be doing. But in most LFRs you are lucky to have 3 or 4 above that.

The big problem is that people have no incentive to improve in LFR. Most of the time the boss will still die if you are a horrible healer or dps so no one ever learns.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

10+ Year Old Account
    In high school I had a girlfriend that gave terrible head, I didn't give up on getting head, it doesn't mean all head is bad.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So I haven't done a LFR in prob 6 months. Don't need it on my main, or the 3 alts I play enough to want gear. They are all normal or flex geared. Recently set up an additional raid group for the guild and ended up having to heal it to make it work but none of my first 4 are heals. Had to dust off my 500 ilvl druid. Went fine but wanted to get some more gear for next week so I'm not the lowest healer again, decided to run through LFR this week...big mistake. 100k dps being few and far between, countless wipes, average determination before most boss kills was north of 5, shaking my head thinking humanity can't really be this bad at the game. Don't think I am ever going to do another LFR again.
    Its better depending on which day of the week you do it, ask around on your server as it might vary between battle groups. I know on mine that mondays are the most frequent wipe days and tuesday is never as bad, you have more of the better players trying to get their loot early so they dont have to deal with the system any longer than they have to.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    In high school I had a girlfriend that gave terrible head, I didn't give up on getting head, it doesn't mean all head is bad.
    It's really not that great though.

LFR sucks, and I rarely do it, but I've never seen groups so bad that they need 5 determination stacks on average to kill a boss - even Sunday/Monday groups. I feel that most of these stories about god awful groups are fabricated.

Anyway, all of my characters that I intend to raid with are 550+. I have a Warrior at 90 (my ex main) at 515, but I'll probably just go straight to flex if I ever feel like raiding with him. Never will I do LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It's really not that great though.
    It really is though!

15+ Year Old Account
    My Druid tank is almost at 90 and the thought of having to tank LFR for the first time is terrifying me. It is full of elitists that think i should be able to execute every tactic for the first time with perfect precision has me thinking about going dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So I haven't done a LFR in prob 6 months. Don't need it on my main, or the 3 alts I play enough to want gear. They are all normal or flex geared. Recently set up an additional raid group for the guild and ended up having to heal it to make it work but none of my first 4 are heals. Had to dust off my 500 ilvl druid. Went fine but wanted to get some more gear for next week so I'm not the lowest healer again, decided to run through LFR this week...big mistake. 100k dps being few and far between, countless wipes, average determination before most boss kills was north of 5, shaking my head thinking humanity can't really be this bad at the game. Don't think I am ever going to do another LFR again.
    do lfr on tuesday only. maybe wednsday. that's the day that all the good players are running it, and wipes are few and far in between. usually when I run it on a tuesday I have about 2-3 people above 200k and maybe 5+ that are above 100k and the rest are bleh. People also usually know mechanics and work them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1k31zoaV-U

I clear bronze, silver, and attempt gold proving grounds! Tank mode of course. Warlock, tank mode.

Pulled off 242k dps on Sha of Pride on my 505 arms warrior, lowest i had on any other boss was 169k.
    Bladestorming the adds is srs bsns

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Your DPS is way higher than even simcraft ones and I won't believe it until you bring the logs (well actually could happen if you have uber weapon and trinkets and crappy small pieces)
    Yep, was higher than simcraft. I do have a 561 heirloom weapon, and was simulating at 150k. I beat simcraft pretty often as arms, so it's no way it's accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is NOT possible. LoL.
    So i take it you are one of those pulling 70k dps in ilvl 500+ then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Bladestorming the adds is srs bsns
    Not even sure what thats supposed to mean. It's not like it's cheesing the encounter or wasting dps.

Worst part of LFR these days is SoO2, mainly because all the alts I give a crap about already are fully geared enough to ignore it except for their weekly cloak drops. All the ToT bosses go without incident if run from Tues-Thurs. SoO1 is generally painless.

SoO2 however is always a fail-fest of people who can't do towers, people who pull Iron Jug every time getting up to him, people who AFK on trash up to shamans, always have that one horrid tank who tanks the Wavebinder in Africa, and of course people failing at killing adds on Nazgrim or just doing shit DPS.

Also, I don't bother with LFR Garrosh on any character any more, because it's just not worth the effort.

Not even sure what thats supposed to mean. It's not like it's cheesing the encounter or wasting dps.
    You tried to make it sound like your dps was decent when your damage on the boss was 99% likely complete shit. Willingly to bet your boss damage was the lowest in the group, prolly lower than some tanks. Save CDs until reflection, go ham and hope you don't die to aggro, Ya, I've done this on my arms warrior numerous times.

Yep, was higher than simcraft. I do have a 561 heirloom weapon, and was simulating at 150k. I beat simcraft pretty often as arms, so it's no way it's accurate.
    LOL, LOGS pls. 500 arms warrior, 150k+ single target dps lol GOOD ONE.