Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lots of people like to exaggerate their own DPS without proof. Nothing new here.
    I sincerely doubt a 505 arms warrior did 170k dps on a fight like Iron Juggernaut.

However the point remains. The majority of people in LFR do half or less the DPS they should be doing.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2014-04-29 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprisingly, I had a good LFR week. Basically 1-3 shot every boss across all 4 wings and wing 4 had no wipes/no deaths either. It was refreshing.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. LFR can be a nightmare. It can also be buttery smooth.

You know what I'll never do? Calf implants.

LFR seemed like a good concept on paper for people who cannot commit to guilds and static raid times. Too bad we can't have nice things because of the amount of idiots in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

What I don't understand is people who say LFR is the worst thing ever and say it should removed instead of just not running it.

Personally I like LFR, sure it's like beating my dick with a hammer on some nights but on others it's fine and there are some really nice transmog pieces you can get out there. I still run it weekly on my 567 monk because I want the LFR tier sets. Same deal with the T14(?) set, the LFR variation was easily my favorite of the three. It required a lot of wiping on Tsulong but it was still fun to collect it all.

Deleted
    RNG is B***
    I very rarely enter in slow and wiping groups well sometimes wait for tanks in middle of the wing but that is another problem for duscussion

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    You tried to make it sound like your dps was decent when your damage on the boss was 99% likely complete shit. Willingly to bet your boss damage was the lowest in the group, prolly lower than some tanks. Save CDs until reflection, go ham and hope you don't die to aggro, Ya, I've done this on my arms warrior numerous times.

LOL, LOGS pls. 500 arms warrior, 150k+ single target dps lol GOOD ONE.
    Wich is why i also inluced my dps on Iron Juggernaught previously.

Look, listen, i've been playing my main warrior non-stop for over 9 years now. 600 days of /played time. Raided both hardcore and casual, been in both ends of the scale several times. This is why i decided to get a second warrior when i practicly couldnt progress my first warrior any further (lets face it, we all play for progression in atleast one way). I've had a good handfull of world-record DPS across all 3 specs, i'm confident i know my class better than even the developers do. I've done my share of theorycrafting over the years and proven my 'crazy' theories countless times (like arms being way better than it appears (more than once), prot being viable for dps in TBC, etc).

My point is, i know exactly how to push my character to the limits of what can be achieved on any given encounter. You clearly do not, so there is no point in me proving my statements to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    100k dps being few and far between, countless wipes, average determination before most boss kills was north of 5, shaking my head thinking humanity can't really be this bad at the game. Don't think I am ever going to do another LFR again.
    The DPS is only an issue if you were hitting enrage timer with almost everyone alive. Wipes happen for other reasons usually in my LFR experiences.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    My point is, i know exactly how to push my character to the limits of what can be achieved on any given encounter. You clearly do not, so there is no point in me proving my statements to you.
    But, no one but you actually cares.

Yep, was higher than simcraft. I do have a 561 heirloom weapon, and was simulating at 150k. I beat simcraft pretty often as arms, so it's no way it's accurate.
    Your 561 weapons were probably reason why you were able to pull that number. Weapons are much bigger upgrade than other pieces
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Had a prot-geared holy paladin healing in an LFR i was in last week.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Usually my groups go smoothly. Here's the latest log (on a Thursday night) from my alt, Mistanny:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XQ9cb6NBFrWD71kd Sure, I'm able to get into flex, and have just started Normals, but there are a few trinkets I can use from LFR still (2 from first wing, 1 from each of the others). If a friend needs LFR, or if I'm helping out a nervous newbie tank, I go with them. I queued this time with one of the tanks and a DPS friend who needed the valor and also still has a couple upgrades from it.

Abysal, if the group hits enrage with a couple of people dead, but wouldn't have if DPS was a hair higher, then DPS is still an issue. Likewise, having better DPS (specifically people who actually switch targets rather than padding) is important. It particularly makes a huge difference in Garrosh (fewer empowered whirling corruptions, handling the sha adds and MC's better), Galakras, Naz, and Immerseus. It also applies to Noroushen, but in LFR, the cleanse targets are chosen randomly. People can still get better numbers by focusing adds until they go in.

Normie, a lot of people apparently care about Grimreaper's alt's damage. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many requests for logs.

Grim, I'd offer to let you come along with me and my friends for LFR/Flex, but I don't think we can group since you're EU and I'm US. I hope you can find some tank/healer friends and/or guildies to go with, and do check out the newbie groups on OpenRaid. I know you aren't a newbie, just that those groups are willing to take low ilevel toons.

Prairie, Grim mentioned that himself more than once.

Theholypally, did you mention it to them? I usually use my transmog as a visual cue to help remind me if I'm in the wrong set, but I've accidentally tanked in my holy set/tree set/boomy set before, and vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Candescently View Post
    Usually my groups go smoothly. Here's the latest log (on a Thursday night) from my alt, Mistanny:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XQ9cb6NBFrWD71kd Sure, I'm able to get into flex, and have just started Normals, but there are a few trinkets I can use from LFR still (2 from first wing, 1 from each of the others). If a friend needs LFR, or if I'm helping out a nervous newbie tank, I go with them. I queued this time with one of the tanks and a DPS friend who needed the valor and also still has a couple upgrades from it.

Abysal, if the group hits enrage with a couple of people dead, but wouldn't have if DPS was a hair higher, then DPS is still an issue. Likewise, having better DPS (specifically people who actually switch targets rather than padding) is important. It particularly makes a huge difference in Garrosh (fewer empowered whirling corruptions, handling the sha adds and MC's better), Galakras, Naz, and Immerseus. It also applies to Noroushen, but in LFR, the cleanse targets are chosen randomly. People can still get better numbers by focusing adds until they go in.

Normie, a lot of people apparently care about Grimreaper's alt's damage. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many requests for logs.

Grim, I'd offer to let you come along with me and my friends for LFR/Flex, but I don't think we can group since you're EU and I'm US. I hope you can find some tank/healer friends and/or guildies to go with, and do check out the newbie groups on OpenRaid. I know you aren't a newbie, just that those groups are willing to take low ilevel toons.

Prairie, Grim mentioned that himself more than once.

Theholypally, did you mention it to them? I usually use my transmog as a visual cue to help remind me if I'm in the wrong set, but I've accidentally tanked in my holy set/tree set/boomy set before, and vice-versa.
    Oh he knew lol. Everyone told him. He refused to tank, and eventually he was just removed from the group (after one boss). We had been waiting for a second tank for about 20min at that point and after Galakras died they vote kicked him out.

He claimed he was trying to get healing gear, we explained once again to him that he can queue as tank and loot spec as holy...but he refused to see reason.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Wow, I haven't run into that before! My tank friend I went with for the LFR run I linked went DPS for Garrosh, but after asking the other tank if he was ok with solo-tanking it. I've had a tank go heal while I (queued as heals) went tank when they were struggling. Now, a Prot Pally can actually do fine tanking in a decently geared Holy set, since Holy usually prioritises Haste and Mastery. You can't heal in Prot gear as effectively, since you don't have int/spirit, which is what I thought you meant he was doing. Just going heals and leaving the other tank to solo tank, or demanding that a DPS step up and tank, isn't reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Your 561 weapons were probably reason why you were able to pull that number. Weapons are much bigger upgrade than other pieces
    Exactly my point. As you are pointing out here, overall ilvl means nothing at all. If you want to know wether to invite an arms warrior to your pug or not, look at his weapon.

I just pulled 184k dps on Malkorok on my alt (gotten a tad better gear), this was once again about 5k above simcraft dps. Without using a flask or any pots. Now tell me with a straight face that this isnt enough for Flex.

In fact, dont bother. I already know that my dps is good enough for everything in Normal SoO. Now the question remains: Why do you actively shut people like me out of your Flex groups?

Exactly my point. As you are pointing out here, overall ilvl means nothing at all. If you want to know wether to invite an arms warrior to your pug or not, look at his weapon.

I just pulled 184k dps on Malkorok on my alt (gotten a tad better gear), this was once again about 5k above simcraft dps. Without using a flask or any pots. Now tell me with a straight face that this isnt enough for Flex.

In fact, dont bother. I already know that my dps is good enough for everything in Normal SoO. Now the question remains: Why do you actively shut people like me out of your Flex groups?
    If you're going to brag, at least show logs otherwise no one believes you. On my arms warrior I am doing 5.1k above simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    If you're going to brag, at least show logs otherwise no one believes you. On my arms warrior I am doing 5.1k above simcraft.
    If i wanted to brag i would have pointed out that the two other arms warriors in the raid were both above ilvl 540 while pulling less than 150k dps.

Cmon, since when is "everyone else is terrible" the same as saying "i'm awesome".

Actually i have no problem with LFR since i do at least 200k hps sometimes 280-300k+(malkorok for example). U might say why are you doing lfr then? well.. for fun i guess and love to carry my group

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must have the most stellar luck for LFR. I see so many threads of these train wreck situations and I can only recall a handful of times that my group has been hopeless enough that I have dropped group. That's running through it on my main paladin as well as my monk, hunter, warlock, & priest. Durumu, Thunder King, Nazgrim, and Garrosh have been the culprits each time but other than that it's a relatively smooth run, bar the occasional loud mouth. Drop group get another and i'm usually good to go. For someone who raids exclusively through LFR this expansion I definitely haven't been witness to these nightmarish runs.

I do LFR every other week or so on various toons of all different gear and sizes. Since it was released I have never had more than 5 stacks of determination in a run.

9/10 times it is a smooth run with little to no major faults. I do have to wonder what some of you must be doing in order to encounter such awful situations.

Judging one or even a handful of LFR groups and then tarring everyone with that brush is just idiotic, but these days I am not shocked.