Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

The Overall theme of Warlords of Draenor seems to "less is more?"

Lore wise, WoD appears to place the WOW storyline back on track, but is ability pruning deleting some of the fun and diminishing the characteristics and persona of some classes? Each of the four previous xpacs offered several new and exciting features and WoD appears to be selling the concept of "Less is More." While new character models and garrisons present us with new and exciting features, the question is - does the rest of the xpac feel like or seem like a bungled and botched compilation of "Less is More?"

I think in some regards it's more a case of, "More seems like less".

The model updates alone are not simply 'updates'. They're being made from scratch. We're getting the equivalent of 12 new races; and that's not including everything else..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the correct theme is "Less costs more".

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post

The model updates alone are not simply 'updates'. They're being made from scratch. We're getting the equivalent of 12 new races; and that's not including everything else..
    Pretty much this. The only difference is that the artists do not have to make an original skeleton concept etc, but they're doing 24 race/gender variations, instead of 2, so it's about equal work. Idk how WoD seems like not much content with that put aside.

[QUOTE=Luxeley;26663813]Lore wise, WoD appears to place the WOW storyline back on track

What does this even mean? There is no track for WoW.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Less abilities that really have no point in the game... Pretend WoW is a sword... when it started, it was just a handle and a blade. Over time they added jewels, glitter, and various other attachments. It's now to the point where unicorns are racing down the edge of the blade while the 20,000 jewels glitter on the handle and there's spikes surrounding the blade. It's over done and now blizzard is just removing enough of the features so that it feels like how it used to be, but not too much that it feels like we're at the very beginning. I'm almost debating coming back, but w/ no rating requirement, I'm still on the edge.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Funny how he says draenor XD lol

- - - Updated - - -

And yes there is going 2 b flying in 6.1!!!!! Of course there going 2 there not that stupid 2 remove flying .. bcuz they know they would loose millions on millions of subs!!

i couldn't watch more than 1 minute of this video cause of the way the guy talks. either way....stop judging the amount of content before you play it. don't wanna play it cause of your assumptions? nobody cares.

/end yet another whine thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

I think Warcraft lore "ended" after we killed Lich King. I'm not sure though exactly, but WC3's last expansion was Frozen Throne(AKA Arthas/Lich King/etc. story).

So anything/everything after Wrath is completely "new", though I do remember them mentioning that they originally planned to launch Mists of Pandaria after WotLK instead of Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I think Warcraft lore "ended" after we killed Lich King. I'm not sure though exactly, but WC3's last expansion was Frozen Throne(AKA Arthas/Lich King/etc. story).

So anything/everything after Wrath is completely "new", though I do remember them mentioning that they originally planned to launch Mists of Pandaria after WotLK instead of Cataclysm.
    THe lore didn't end. @_@ This seems to be more related to mechanics/features then WHY we're in Draenor.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Pretentious video with horrible voice overacting and I don't agree with the points and couldn't watch it completely because it was so annoying. We get a big new world based on an old world but so radical different that you may recognize some zones like Nagrand but it's so different and all new quests an monsters makes it just a tip to the hat for TBC players. Flying will be in with 6.1. That's already confirmed. "We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100, and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor." So stop the drama already. We get WoW version of housing and with it a new way of questing and getting loot with the NPC missions. It's not just a random collection of buildings.

They also went the right direction with cutting the proliferation of skills and removed boring stats and added new interesting extra stats. I think this could be one of the best expansions they ever did. Yes, no new race is a little bit sad. But on the other hand, no wasted time on low level zones for them. How often do you visit you Pandaren starting zone? Your Worgen or Goblin starting zone? Exactly. ONCE and you play there for 1-2 hours and then you never visit it again. Not even for herb or ore farming. What a waste of time and money to create them.

The more I learn about the expansion the more I like it. The only part I dislike - that I can't play it anytime soon. I don't want to raid SoO for another 6 months!
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-04-24 at 11:24 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    THe lore didn't end. @_@ This seems to be more related to mechanics/features then WHY we're in Draenor.
    A lot of people consider the original Warcraft series as WoW's entire lore. Anything past Lich King was written specifically for the expansion, rather than taken from Warcraft franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Lore wise, WoD appears to place the WOW storyline back on track, but is ability pruning deleting some of the fun and diminishing the characteristics and persona of some classes? Each of the four previous xpacs offered several new and exciting features and WoD appears to be selling the concept of "Less is More." While new character models and garrisons present us with new and exciting features, the question is - does the rest of the xpac feel like or seem like a bungled and botched compilation of "Less is More?"

I think of it as a good thing. Honestly I think garrisons and new models are dumb and shouldn't be a focus of a expansion. WoD may not have much to offer but the ability pruning and CC changes, DR changes and item squish are badly needed. Imo its the only thing appealing in the entire xpac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

But warcraft lore is anything in WoW, you cant say its not warcraft lore just because it wasent in the original warcraft games. After all those games just made up their own story aswell. Just because its not from warcraft dosent mean its bad

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post

The updated Character models are a huge under-taking, no doubt. And, I think after everything is said and done, the end product will exceed a lot of people's expectations. I mainly tossed out the expression of "Less is more" with regard to ability pruning.

Deleted
    People who are making these video's would say exactly the same if there would be 5 more ability's every expansion. This is a clean up making room for other cool abilities and I can only think of the possibilities. Less is definitely more here.

Btw, the guy said Mirror Image and Hunter's Mark were really fun abilities. What did he smoke?

Ability squish is such a fucking relief. I'm so damn tired of fights consisting of "WHO CAN STUN THE MOST?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Lore wise, WoD appears to place the WOW storyline back on track...
    What? Seriously? We are going to an alternate universe and this gets the story back on track by ignoring all the problems that still face Azeroth? And you want us to take you seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Btw, the guy said Mirror Image and Hunter's Mark were really fun abilities. What did he smoke?
    Hunter's Mark was a pretty iconic ability of hunters.. but did we really, really need it? >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BiruWW View Post
    Hunter's Mark was a pretty iconic ability of hunters.. but did we really, really need it? >_>
    I'll miss using it.

What? Seriously? We are going to an alternate universe and this gets the story back on track by ignoring all the problems that still face Azeroth? And you want us to take you seriously?
    Wrath until Blizzard finds a way to do underwater content and not give people heart attacks. We won't be going after Azshara(I really want to do underwater content but ya know people don't likey!)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi