Blizz preventing low pop transfers?

i am trying to transfer some toons from a dieing server ....i was able to a few months ago when it was still medium but it is low ...some other people are also not able to transfer and they are also on low pop servers ...i could be wrong but there is no reason on my end that would prevent it and it works fine if i attempt from korgath which is high pop...has anyone one else experienced this and/or willing to test this with your own toons ...you don't actually have to transfer ...as soon as you select a toon from the low pop server it will give you an error not allowing you to go further in the process

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming that this is a paid transfer. If it is start up a ticket with Blizzard.

If it's something else, their free transfer deals they offer from time to time are subject to being closed without notice.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm assuming that this is a paid transfer. If it is start up a ticket with Blizzard.

If it's something else, their free transfer deals they offer from time to time are subject to being closed without notice.
    yes paid transfer ...just seems fishy to me ...if they came out and said all you on dead servers your stuck people would be livid ...this is more subtle ...i am not leaving just because its dieing just think that is why they may be doing this ...i am trying to transfer my alts to the server my main is on which i transfered when a irl friend started playing again so he could have a better experience

A screenshot of the error would be helpful.

I got an error too when trying to transfer:

If I were to judge you based on what you have wrote here so far, I wouldn't be surprised if you got the same error.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-04-28 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    A screenshot of the error would be helpful.

I got an error too when trying to transfer:

If I were to judge you based on what you have wrote here so far, I wouldn't be surprised if you got the same error.
    nope sorry a gm has check and thats not the error ...all it says is error nothing else and to go back to account

Seeing as paid server transfers being the only option many have on a dead server is complete horseshit maybe they have chosen to disable it to offer some better option.

I am well aware of the fact they have done some server mergers. They have not merged all servers tho and there is still people stuck on dead as nails servers and they do not seem to be going about finding them a solution.

Server transfers should be free. Shouldn't need to pay to be able to play with other people. It's wrong to charge people who are just looking to enjoy a mmo experience want off a dead server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    Seeing as paid server transfers being the only option many have on a dead server is complete horseshit maybe they have chosen to disable it to offer some better option.

I am well aware of the fact they have done some server mergers. They have not merged all servers tho and there is still people stuck on dead as nails servers and they do not seem to be going about finding them a solution.

Server transfers should be free. Shouldn't need to pay to be able to play with other people. It's wrong to charge people who are just looking to enjoy a mmo experience want off a dead server.
    Except then the realm would really be dead so your logic falls on itself.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post

Free transfers would only kill realms even quicker, so that argument fails.
    The point remains that the community on some realms has been so awful people have paid to move from it, starting the imbalance issue in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Free transfers would only kill realms even quicker, so that argument fails.
    The point remains that the community on some realms has been so awful people have paid to move from it, starting the imbalance issue in the first place.
    So what if it kills it quicker? It's already a dead realm and those that want off of it should be able to leave for free. The argument doesn't fail at all. Those that want to play on a dead small server get there wish and those wanting off to play the game in a state they can play it as a mmo get it. It's win win for both groups.

Server transfers should be free. Shouldn't be charged to be able to have a mmo experience which is what is happening right now for many of those stuck on dead servers.

Deleted
    Some of the few full realms are locked for character creation and probably transfer as well.
    Maybe this is why you get an error.
    Tbh there is no point moving at this time because all realm pops will he heading downwards until the new expansion hits.