Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    112 SP and DDR3 means it is something like a GT630 with a different cooler on it.

I like how it says Radeon Nvidia

Chinese copy everything though. As fake as this is, it might actually still function just as well as the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post

http://g01.s.alicdn.com/kf/HT1550iFO...cXXagOFbXL.jpg

Chinese copy everything though. As fake as this is, it might actually still function just as well as the real deal.
    Better, even.

It has Super Alloy Power, and GD5

10+ Year Old Account
    Or it's an old, under-powered GPU with 64MB of RAM and a modified firmware to say it's faster and with more capacity then it actually has.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Or it's an old, under-powered GPU with 64MB of RAM and a modified firmware to say it's faster and with more capacity then it actually has.
    Plus if you look at those fans on it... they are garbage. A smaller fan with a tighter housing would get more air over the heat spreader than big open fans like that.

So it's probably a really old passively cooled video card.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2014-04-28 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time they modify firmware to scam people.

http://www.jitbit.com/alexblog/198-c...cal-harddrive/

I very highly doubt they would get anywhere close to the real this. The bit rate isnt even the same spec as refrence

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjobs View Post
    I very highly doubt they would get anywhere close to the real this. The bit rate isnt even the same spec as refrence
    It actually looks like an old DX7 video card with a newer 2-slot backing plate and craptastical fan attached to it.

Either way, whoever buys that will be very disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account

*snip*

I love how they obviously aren't even showing the same card in all the pictures.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Why do people even buy stuff off of these Chinese sites?

I would rather pay the extra money for genuine, inspected, certified products from a country that you know... has laws that prevent consumers from getting ripped off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It actually looks like an old DX7 video card with a newer 2-slot backing plate and craptastical fan attached to it.

Either way, whoever buys that will be very disappointed.
    Doesn't look quite that old. The connector is clearly PCI-E, not AGP, and it looks to have an HDMI port, so assuming that port isn't fake, that would make it a 2006 vintage at the earliest.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Doesn't look quite that old. The connector is clearly PCI-E, not AGP, and it looks to have an HDMI port, so assuming that port isn't fake, that would make it a 2006 vintage at the earliest.
    Either way, cooling is my area of professional expertise, and I can assure you that particular combination of those fans with that heatsink is absolutely worthless. It will either overheat, or it was designed to be passively cooled and those fans are just added to be like "MANY FAN, SO POWERFUL".

It's sad though, because a lot of these fake products have some real legit engineering going on in them; if there was a bit more freedom in the market in China some pretty good stuff would probably come out of that country.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will own you all in World of Tanks, just saying.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Bought shoes from there, worked fine. Tho buying hardware abroad is something i dont do. Swedish quality insurance ftw.!

Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    Bought shoes from there, worked fine. Tho buying hardware abroad is something i dont do. Swedish quality insurance ftw.!
    Until you find out that the midsole of your shoe is actually the circuit board for an old RCA television remote and the tongue is made of lead foil.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. Found this fake crap http://www.aliexpress.com/item/18-i7-4800MQ-16GB-1-5TB-64GB-SSD-DUAL-3GB-GTX770M-SLI-1080P-BLURAY-Laptops/1816568455.html

And for giggles I googled "Chinese Alienware" and there's just forum posts upon forum posts everywhere of people bieng like "OMG THAT'S SUCH A GOOD DEAL DO YOU THINK IT'S REAL OR A SCAM?"

Of course it's a fucking scam. Dell does their final assembly in North America. Sending a completed Alienware laptop to China, and then shipping it back to North America wouldn't magically make it cheaper.

I swear, some people deserve to get scammed.

I've never seen so many biased and blatantly incorrect opinions in one thread, although half of them belong to one particular person.

AliExpress is an online retail service similar to eBay where sellers can list and sell items. The parent company is based out of Hangzhou, China which is why most, if not all of the sellers are from the eastern world.

As others have stated, there is the chance of scams just like anything else you buy from any other site. The saying "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" applies to this site as well. To say that everything on the site is fake and every seller is a scammer is just ignorant though. You are able to find items cheaper than you would find them elsewhere as sometimes they're coming directly from the manufacturer. It's also possible to be fooled by a knock off, but that doesn't automatically mean they're garbage or any less quality than the originals.

I have personally purchased numerous things from AliExpress as well as similar sites and have never been "scammed". There has been times when a product was DOA and times where the item has not arrived which I either received a replacement or refund for. When your items are being thrown into a huge crate and then put onto to a boat to ship across the ocean, unfortunately mistakes can happen. This is also why it takes so long for the items to arrive, otherwise you'd be paying a lot more for shipping.

As for the 780ti for $100, that would fall under the "if it's too good to be true, it probably is".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    The problem with video card shopping is that the last time there was any logic to the model numbers was over a decade ago. With other components it's a lot more straight forward. Speed, Capacity, Bandwidth, boom. But there's no quick, simple, definitive specification that will immediately tell you how good a video card is; which leaves the door open for confusing the fuck out of people with meaningless model numbers.
    I find the gpu numbering the most logical of them all actually. The first number is the generation, the second is the model number. Higher model number = higher performance. One model lower tier from this generation is usually pretty equal to one model higher from the last generation.