10+ Year Old Account

what remains after subscription ends

im thinking about buying 30 day code to get all the stuff, most importantly for me additional actionbars and bagspace.

but what remains after those 30 days end ? i lose plenty of stuff back to f2p acc model, but what about actionbars and bagspace ? does it get removed as well or i get to keep it indefinately in the preferred status ?

basically what stays and what gets removed after ending subscription

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.swtor.com/free/features

You'd be in the "Preferred" column as an ex-Subscriber.

http://www.swtor.com/r/vCW2VQ ← Click this link and login through it after adding your time code and you should get the Refer-a-Friend rewards, which includes a set of free Unlocks that will be useful to you once you're Preferred. (unless they've patched this, but hopefully not)

You can use anyone else's referral link (I don't care about silly minipet rewards), but the important benefit for you would be the free Unlocks.

If you use it before you add time (ie, if you use it when you've never been 'Subscribed' at least once), it may count you as a 'New Player' and give you a much crappier bundle.
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2014-04-28 at 12:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the preferred chart as mentioned above is the best way to know where you will stand. I'd like to highlight that you will have a credit cap of 350k though, so anything above that when your sub runs out is best spent on unlocks from the GTN. It is very easy to use one month's sub to buy your way out of a lot of restrictions if you are max level/running dailies. The most impacting things you always lose access to is unlimited instances (ops/warzones/fps/space), increased XP, and no currency cap.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see anything about bagspace or actionbars. can someone who actually went preffered from subscriber status say what happens ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i dont see anything about bagspace or actionbars. can someone who actually went preffered from subscriber status say what happens ?
    ...when you over the circles on the chart it gives you explanations, but let me try my hand again for you. If you have 'purchased' unlocks using either credits or cartel coins, they don't go away no matter what you do. AFAIK you don't just get handed extra inventory because you subscribed. You simply receive the option to buy them with in game credits. Any you purchase stay regardless of your status. The action bars are clearly listed on that chart: subs get 6, preferred gets 4, F2P get 2.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Anything you get from subbing goes away when you unsub. anything you have purchased through the cartel market stays.

So if you don't plan on staying subbed you are better off just buying the unlocks from the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    So if you don't plan on staying subbed you are better off just buying the unlocks from the market.
    This isn't true as you can use a subscription period at max level to farm credits for purchasing unlocks with no credit cap. If you are preferred you will lose a large chunk of credits on the stipend withdrawals. Plus there are several things you can use credits to unlock (like legacy and inventory) when you a subscriber. There's a great value in one time or limited use subscriptions to gain more unlocks for yourself.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This isn't true as you can use a subscription period at max level to farm credits for purchasing unlocks with no credit cap. If you are preferred you will lose a large chunk of credits on the stipend withdrawals. Plus there are several things you can use credits to unlock (like legacy and inventory) when you a subscriber. There's a great value in one time or limited use subscriptions to gain more unlocks for yourself.

I was suggesting spending cash on the market, not purchasing them with in game gold. It might take more than 1 month to farm enough credits to buy all the unlocks you would want.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i buy 180 days subscription (which is reccuring not one time as it is stated on swtor site) what should i do to not get charged again after that time and not lose current gametime ? i could buy half a year of gametime now but im not willing to do it every 180 days.

so, if i bought 180 sub now and canceled it immidately to not get charged again later, would i lose the current gametime that is left ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I was suggesting spending cash on the market, not purchasing them with in game gold. It might take more than 1 month to farm enough credits to buy all the unlocks you would want.
    Nah. Credits are ridiculously easy to get in the game. It's very easy to get all relevant unlocks over one month if you are already max level. Just doing dailies will get you there.
    so, if i bought 180 sub now and canceled it immidately to not get charged again later, would i lose the current gametime that is left ?
    No. You will keep your play time that you purchased when you cancel the recurring subscription. You will still get all the time you paid for.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    When it went ftp I was a preferred customer. For a while I would just make new characters and about 2x before I hit max level I would credit cap, take myself to the fleet then buy unlocks. I have everything pre-expansion except the HK area and increasing my GTN limit purchased for 300k or less incriments. Unlocking purples and other stuff for 300k exactly took a little while to find a seller but its nice having the full game more or less accessible. Though with the economy of the expansion I have no idea if thats still possible.

Also its important to keep a few grey items if you use this strategy so you can have some credits to get off the fleet lol
    Last edited by Xerra; 2014-04-28 at 06:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The most impacting things you always lose access to is unlimited instances (ops/warzones/fps/space), increased XP, and no currency cap.
    Also the racial choices at character creation that come with subscribing. That was one of the big reasons I subbed after starting f2p, so I could make alts of all the various species.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    when i went to FTP prefered, i did prepare for it. I had about 3 millions creds, i bought of the GTN the essential unlock

- hide helmet (absolutely essential ^^)
    - matching color
    - right to wear epic gear
    - 3rd proffession
    - 2 action bars
    - a few operation/flashpoint pass

Then when when i was F2P, i was asked to select which character i want to play with (up to 6 for a preferred player).
    XP gain was a bit slower, so i had to run a few flashpoint to compensate, no bid deal.
    Flashpoint are not limited in F2P, you can run as many a day as you want, what is limited is loot. You can only loot for the 3 first flashpoint run of a given week.
    PVP match are limited to 5 i think and you can't do any operation without a pass.

Overrall, if you are leveling character for the story, F2P is not a bad deal, if you don't mind the lower XP gain. It's like where you would gain 1.5 level normaly, you only gain 1 level in F2P so about 2/3rd lower. Class story are pretty good, as well as some planet story, i still find it an incredible deal to give them for free. litterally hundred of hours of story for free.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2014-05-02 at 01:10 PM.