7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb I don't hate LFR but I hate the loot system

There have been a lot of these threads and I can understand if there is a negative response to this so I apologize in advance if things get a bit tense.

I want to keep this as short as possible but I don't agree with how the LFR loot system currently works. From my understanding the loot system selects random players to receive loot and if you are a player who is not chosen for loot you gain a higher chance as bosses go on so that you will get loot on at least one boss. This system doesn't work at all and extra rolls don't seem to matter at all.

I think the system needs to change and give a higher chance for drops based on how high of an item level they currently have equipped by item. Meaning for example on my holy paladin if I have all epic items equipped but I have a green weapon that on the bosses that drop weapons that are eligible for my spec I should have a higher chance at getting the weapon on those bosses AT LEAST with my extra rolls if I have received no loot on any other boss so far.

I just think it's frustrating that I get three loot rolls per week, do an entire wing of LFR and not only just get gold the entire run but also get gold on the extra rolls for the bosses that actually matter.

Blizzard could also you know...stop making weapon drops so damn stingy.

Just my thoughts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    obligatory 'RNG is RNG' response.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

The problem with your solution is that it is easily gamed to the detriment of other players in the raid. This would encourage people to don their crappiest gear in any slots that the boss drops gear that they might want.

"Hey, I need the bow off of paragons so I'm gonna equip this crappy green item I picked up in Jade Forest so I have a better chance of getting it. I realize this will cause me to do crap for dps but it's LFR and I don't know any of these people anyway...screw them"

If you don't get loot from a specific boss your chance to get loot from a subsequent boss does not increase. You have an equal chance to receive loot from any given boss all the time completely exclusive of other factors. Bonus rolls, on the other hand, do increase your chance to get loot, from the next bonus roll, if you receive gold from the first one.

What you suggest is simply open to abuse.
    Basing loot on what you have equipped allows players to selectively equip gear to modify what loot they might get.
    That control should never be in the hands of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GummyVitamins View Post
    There have been a lot of these threads and I can understand if there is a negative response to this so I apologize in advance if things get a bit tense.

I want to keep this as short as possible but I don't agree with how the LFR loot system currently works. From my understanding the loot system selects random players to receive loot and if you are a player who is not chosen for loot you gain a higher chance as bosses go on so that you will get loot on at least one boss. This system doesn't work at all and extra rolls don't seem to matter at all.

I think the system needs to change and give a higher chance for drops based on how high of an item level they currently have equipped by item. Meaning for example on my holy paladin if I have all epic items equipped but I have a green weapon that on the bosses that drop weapons that are eligible for my spec I should have a higher chance at getting the weapon on those bosses AT LEAST with my extra rolls if I have received no loot on any other boss so far.

I just think it's frustrating that I get three loot rolls per week, do an entire wing of LFR and not only just get gold the entire run but also get gold on the extra rolls for the bosses that actually matter.

Blizzard could also you know...stop making weapon drops so damn stingy.

Just my thoughts.
    No offense but your post is typical 'RNG hates me, therefore the system is broken and should be changed to a way that guarantees I get stuff' whining.

Players have seen years of bad luck with the normal loot systems. I was farming Bulwark of Azzinoth for my gnome's mog set and didn't see it once across almost 60 kills (e.g. well over a year). Did it suck? Yes. Does that mean the game is broken somehow because of my sad, personal little experience? No. What it means is:

Random loot is random.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I have to agree with the others - the system is fine as is. What you suggest would be way exploitable and would of course be abused to all hell. Loot is always going to be RNG to some degree, and that's alright. Hell, right now there are a lot of other ways to have shots at loot (bonus rolls on bosses you need, running LFR/Flex/Normal). It sucks when things don't go your way, but the system is fine.