Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    even if they thrown 20 % nerf (which they wont) it wildstar which will get my money anyway at least till WoD release //shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Even if not everyone can hop into beta, a lot of gamers will just be glued to their screens reading the massive data dumps and watching streams.
    this actually ill never understand - whats the point of watching every single detail before release instead spend that time on actually playing and enjoying something else.

Deleted
    i hope Wildstar will be big, better than the current, Casual WoW... i hate Low-Level Bobcontent and SoO is not that hard...

Deleted
    Not that theres a need for that (Wildstar will go down as quickly as ESO and the other MMOs before that). Blizzard might do it anyway just to rub it into their faces

edit: i don't think there is a nerf until patch 6.0 which will introduce the item squish and automatically nerf teh content

They won't nerf SoO before 6.0, or they would have to announce in advance the removal of the feature of strength and mount.

It was obvious beta was going to be launched of Wildstar's launch when they announced alpha on ESO's launch.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    They are going to have to do something eventually. Burn out will come pne way or another at least they have tried to fend it off in the past.
    Burn out will come even faster WITH nerfs, on top of the Valor upgrades.

Sorry it just seems like a risk to me. Blizzard doesnt take risks in the past with games. Wildstar seems to becoming from a place likw WoW hit everquest. It came sorta out of no where letting it build on its own. Theres no hype machine going on and to me its the cleanest game since LotRO, with good raid content. WoW built its own hype from its player base. Everyo.e said EQ 2 would crush it but it let its player base down. Right now WoD has more stuff people are pissed about in a long time. WoW will only be killed by Blizzard. Why would the guve any polished game a chance to get a foot hold?

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    They said that, but it's a lie. 8 item levels that you have instantly aren't any kind of nerf, they are intended. Also note that such a thing is like an 7% advantage or something- it barely matters. Certainly nowhere near the stacking up to 30% thing.
    You clearly don't play WoW if you think 7% "barely matters."

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    please dont tell me they are nerfing something so faceroll.

The reason that there arent so many people who have completed HC raiding is because they have quit. Not because its too difficult.
    It's still too hard for some people.

Makes you sad just thinking about the reality of that.

I don't think it should be nerfed, heroic should be heroic, but faceroll? I think you might be stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    They won't nerf SoO before 6.0, or they would have to announce in advance the removal of the feature of strength and mount.

It was obvious beta was going to be launched of Wildstar's launch when they announced alpha on ESO's launch.
    I only played WoW in mop from december to march. I leveled a monk to 90 and got to a 572 ilvl with all my valor upgrades. The game is already easy a guild who kills heroic garrosh then has a minimum of 12 weeks to get everyone a mount it buys them 3 months imo.

flows better than WoW, controls better than WoW. Those are a lot of things. Not everything, but a lot. It'll take some subs for sure.
    Every single new game has taken subs from WoW, and always will, will it retain them? same answer as the other games. And the controls are pretty similar, little to no difference between WoW and WS, controls are smooth in both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Every single new game has taken subs from WoW, and always will, will it retain them? same answer as the other games. And the controls are pretty similar, little to no difference between WoW and WS, controls are smooth in both games.
    Wildstar has some nice raid mechanics no other game other than Rift has had that witb solid controls. It also has a ton of 5 man content that has difficulty. Isnt that what a portion of wows player base been begging fo for years. Without hype killing it before it comes out ala GW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Wildstar has some nice raid mechanics no other game other than Rift has had that witb solid controls. It also has a ton of 5 man content that has difficulty. Isnt that what a portion of wows player base been begging fo for years. Without hype killing it before it comes out ala GW2.
    You mean that's what a vocal minority has been asking for for years. And they get that in WoD. Wildstar not being hyped is wrong by the way. Wildstar was extremely hyped half a year ago. Today most people realized it's just another MMO trying to copy WoW. The hype has died off because of that. Oh well, you'll see yourself in the next half year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerGottLoL View Post
    i hope Wildstar will be big, better than the current, Casual WoW... i hate Low-Level Bobcontent and SoO is not that hard...
    If say for some crazy reason, most of the WoW player base moves over to Wildstar, and WoW numbers dwindle. Now that players are flowing into this new game, it will have to cater to "Casuals"

The only way a new MMO would make it big would have to do so, so they could keep numbers up. If only the "Good" and "Hardcore" players go there, then the games numbers won't be very high and the game will fail quickly.

Wildstar is technically flawless. The devs may have some bad calls- I can't tell for sure, but 40 man raids sound terrible- but the game is super solid, has better plot than WoW, flows better than WoW, controls better than WoW. Those are a lot of things. Not everything, but a lot. It'll take some subs for sure.
    My super computer runs it at about 10 FPS in combat situations and 20-30 out of combat, on normal settings, totally technically flawless
    If it preforms like that while questing I cannot wait to see what the 40 man raids will be like, probably just like Vanilla WoW, laggy unbearable piles of shit

Deleted
    People should understand once and for all that no matter how good a mmo will be, World of Warcraft will still be number one. None of the mmos in the last years (ESO, Neverwinter, GW2, DC Universe, Rift, SWTOR) have come even close to being a threat to Blizzard. Neither will Wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokat View Post
    People should understand once and for all that no matter how good a mmo will be, World of Warcraft will still be number one. None of the mmos in the last years (ESO, Neverwinter, GW2, DC Universe, Rift, SWTOR) have come even close to being a threat to Blizzard. Neither will Wildstar.
    You're right. But Blizzard does have a history of dropping patches and game changes right before other launches.

Wildstar isn't a longterm threat to WoW. But given Blizzard's history, could definitely see them dropping something before Wildstar just to renew some interest in the game. Whether or not Wildstar is a longterm competitor is largely irrelevant though. Siege of Orgrimmar is going to be lasting around 14 months. New games become more appealing in downtime like this, even to be played as short term stopgaps. Blizzard will definitely want to do something before summer is in full swing to get ahead of some of the inevitable bleeding from summer, burnout from extremely long content, and other game launches that will take money from them in the downtime. Otherwise, their Q2 sub losses could be catastrophic.

It's in Blizzard's best interest to try to keep focus and attention on WoW and keep people playing during the downtime. Every sub lost to summer, burnout, or new games is 15 bucks a head just in sub money, not counting potential microtransactions. Cataclysm lost a million people during its downtime even with sub retention measures in place like progressive nerfs to Dragon Soul and an annual pass. MoP is two years older, last tier will be the longest in history, amd the latter part of the 14 month tier, and thus burnout, will be happening during the summer with no sub retention measures put in place like they were in the past to keep interest during the downtime.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-04-28 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    You're right. But Blizzard does have a history of dropping patches and game changes right before other launches.

Wildstar isn't a longterm threat to WoW. But given Blizzard's history, could definitely see them dropping something before Wildstar just to renew some interest in the game. Whether or not Wildstar is a longterm competitor is largely irrelevant though. Siege of Orgrimmar is going to be lasting around 14 months. New games become more appealing in downtime like this, even to be played as short term stopgaps. Blizzard will definitely want to do something before summer is in full swing to get ahead of some of the inevitable bleeding from summer, burnout from extremely long content, and other game launches that will take money from them in the downtime. Otherwise, their Q2 sub losses could be catastrophic.

It's in Blizzard's best interest to try to keep focus and attention on WoW and keep people playing during the downtime. Every sub lost to summer, burnout, or new games is 15 bucks a head just in sub money, not counting potential microtransactions. Cataclysm lost a million people during its downtime even with sub retention measures in place like progressive nerfs to Dragon Soul and an annual pass. MoP is two years older, last tier will be the longest in history, amd the latter part of the 14 month tier, and thus burnout, will be happening during the summer with no sub retention measures put in place like they were in the past to keep interest during the downtime.
    Like i said in my original post no game is a threat to WoW but Blizzard. All im saying is if they do nothing on the verge of summer with long term content and negative yhoughts about flying its a mistake. To become so lax that you think your game can survive anything is asking for a catastophee. I dont see how they dont shed a lot this summer. This is the first time i see blizzard underestimating a situation.

Blizzard have said that the beta process will be a lot slower than in MoP. It won't just open up to everyone. I imagine it will be a while longer before beta, and even then we won't get open-beta for some time. They want quality feedback, not people checking out the content.

Why do so many people on here think Wildstar will be a big deal? The rest of the world doesn't have a clue about it and from what I have seen, its not worth my time.

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=wildstar&cmpt=q
    Last edited by Daswolfen; 2014-04-29 at 12:57 AM.