Best prof for DK? Im a total newb (boosting to 90)

Hello guys and first of all sorry for asking such retarded questions

Im going to boost my dk to 90 which comes with maxing out 2 proffesions to 600. I've played WoW at Cata release and I have no clue how things are going on 90. Im going more PvE and less PvP, I was thinking about going BS/JC. I also got a 90 monk which can be my farming alt (bs, skinning, herb etc)

I would be very greatful since I have no idea what im doing lol

Deleted
    If you go for gold making: inscription (the best when a new expansion comes, you can make hundreds of thousands), jewelcrafting, enchanting, alchemy.
    Solid picks for pve enhancement are BS and JC.
    But i'd pick engineering. It's simply the most funny but it still gives a good perk for pve enhance (glove 'chant). Nitro boosts, glider, underwater breathing, resurrecting dagger......too good things to ignore. (And wormholes in northrend/pandaria)

My DK is tailoring-engineering, tailoring because Carpets, engineering because flying machines, portals, trinkety items, and glider.
    For fun, those two.
    For profit.. eh, couldn't say.
    For combat; blacksmithing, due to gear advantage alone, in WoD, maybe?
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

If you wanted to really mix/max, Engineering & Blacksmithing are the current best DPS professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    If you wanted to really mix/max, Engineering & Blacksmithing are the current best DPS professions.
    What Anzen said is the current case. However, given the profession changes occurring through all professions come WoD it really won't matter which professions you pick if you even pick any. Level the profession(s) you want to now and don't feel stressed about swapping.

Just make sure your DK is level 60 before the boost or you won't get the profession boost too. 60 is easy to get on a DK sure. But imagine if you boosted a fresh 58 DK and missed out by 2 levels.

Deleted
    Engineering is almost mandatory for a Death Knight imho. We are the least mobile class, and nitro belt is a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    Engineering is almost mandatory for a Death Knight imho. We are the least mobile class, and nitro belt is a godsend.
    But we got super OP Death's Advance!

Reminds me on Ji-Kun on my Blood DK... had to get a melee to use a big personal since it was literally impossible for me to stay in melee range of the boss to take the Talon Rake stack during Down Draft -___-
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-30 at 10:21 AM.

As someone said already, come WoD, professions will lose all of their combat bonuses. Even engineering tinkers will be transferable to non-engineers at that point. In that respect, it doesn't matter which professions you have in the next expansion. With that being said, I will list the best professions for different situations you could encounter now, during MoP.

Tanking: Blacksmithing is #1 because it is the only profession that will allow you to take extra mastery rather than a primary stat OR stamina. For the second profession, I believe you would want leatherworking or mining if you are going for pure survivability because they offer a flat stamina bonus (via the mining passive or the leatherworking bracer enchant). Obviously you would want to choose LW in that case since it's free to level mining anyway.

PvE DPS: Engineering is #1 for the glove tinker. #2 is blacksmithing so that you are able to use two extra gems depending on which stat you need for your spec.

PvP DPS: Engineering and tailoring, because their combat bonuses are both burst oriented. Tailoring's cloak enchant isn't as much overall DPS as blacksmithing's bonus, but in PvP the minor sustained damage is negligible while the proc from tailoring is significant during a burst window.

Which professions to level on a boost, with the new expansion set to make most low value for raiding? The ones that suck to level due to cost/resources/being boring to level, any of the above: Engineering, Enchanting, Inscription.

i have engineering/enchanting on most of my toons, solid choices for raiding, engineering has fun toys and enchanting to DE all those leveling items

I chose my profs depending on the capability of the class to solo things and grind. Blood DKs can solo everything. I have my DK for farming. I would advice Skinning - Tailoring. I see tailoring as a farming profession also because you have the passive to get increase cloth drops and trust me the difference is huge!

The death Knight also has increased passive mount speed that makes him (along with paladin) the best gatherer. So another option is to go for Mining - Herbalism. Combat perks will be removed in the next expansion, there is no reason to chose profession for the current perks..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    But we got super OP Death's Advance!

Reminds me on Ji-Kun on my Blood DK... had to get a melee to use a big personal since it was literally impossible for me to stay in melee range of the boss to take the Talon Rake stack during Down Draft -___-
    No Priests, Monks or Druids in your raid group?