Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    "stun totem inc", no path availble. explodes right next to you and wasted 45sec cd.

pathing design sucks, would make more sense to make shadowstep/wild charge not usable on totems/guardians.
    After all, they are also talents and their cd doesn't get wasted when it doesn't work, our totems cd's are ruined when TP has no path.
    ^^ This.

<rogue attempts to shadowstep to a totem>
    That is not a valid target
    "Curses!"

Pathing has never been good in WoW. I wish they'd fix it, but it'd probably take migrating the game to an entirely rebuild engine or something. Building in a system that relies on pathing to work was not the best move they made....

People really need to petition Blizzard to make this baseline. Monks got Detonate Healing Sphere baseline. We can do the same with this. It really shouldn't be a talent.

There's so much noise being directed at Blizzard, I don't know how this signal would get through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    People really need to petition Blizzard to make this baseline. Monks got Detonate Healing Sphere baseline. We can do the same with this. It really shouldn't be a talent.
    I hope you understand which class you're trying to represent here. We are the Shaman, our entire class design is 'clunky' and it's been like that for years; they've even had three expansions worth of attempts to try and get our mechanics correct but to no avail. We're the prime example of the word 'neglect'.

Even if we did create a petition, it's highly unlikely that anything would change. As pessimistic as I sound, nobody at Blizzard knows what they're doing with this class and it's even one of the few classes that would probably end up better if the community partook in its design.

Which is a real shame, as the Shaman is one of the most unique and potential-filled classes in the game, but Blizz just can't seem to get their heads around it to make that potential shine. Always strikes me that we have bandaid fixes, cludges and ill-fitting patches rather than anything really cool. We start out way behind, and end up with extremely artificial buffs at the end of an expansion to "fix" the class and the cycle repeats.

I love the class for it's thematic nature and I'm the stubborn sort that always stands by the underdog. So my Shaman remains my main and I love him, I just wish Blizzard did, too.

My favourite path not found was on H Garrosh first transition. Couldn't drop my capacitor totem onto the middle pack of adds because of 2 or 3 stairs. Have to move the totem after I get up the stairs, that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    I hope you understand which class you're trying to represent here. We are the Shaman, our entire class design is 'clunky' and it's been like that for years; they've even had three expansions worth of attempts to try and get our mechanics correct but to no avail. We're the prime example of the word 'neglect'.

Even if we did create a petition, it's highly unlikely that anything would change. As pessimistic as I sound, nobody at Blizzard knows what they're doing with this class and it's even one of the few classes that would probably end up better if the community partook in its design.
    Well its part of the reason I jumped ship to Monks last expansion, but I still missed the battle Mage nature of the Shaman class, so its a strong second. It is amazing to me how well designed Monks are, yet how clunky Shaman are. It just seems that Blizzard design goes out to lunch when it comes to this class, and it really baffles me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Well its part of the reason I jumped ship to Monks last expansion, but I still missed the battle Mage nature of the Shaman class, so its a strong second. It is amazing to me how well designed Monks are, yet how clunky Shaman are. It just seems that Blizzard design goes out to lunch when it comes to this class, and it really baffles me.
    It's quite annoying. Shaman is the arch-type I play in most games, and the closest any game has come to actual fruition with the class is with the Warcraft series, it's just amazing how ignored we can be compared to other classes.

Over the years I have (very often) had the feeling blizz either considered shamans so overpowered that they needed to cut corners in shaman design at every opportunity, OR have some serious grudge against the classes' community or whatever.
    -Hex: The worst cc ever. It doesn't take the target's control, so in that regard it is more like a silence/pacify, that is broken by damage. It also does not work against druids and can be dispelled by every druid spec, so it is, by default useless in arena once a druid pops up (and they are often encountered). Unless they change something, in WoD we (enh) wont even be able to use with MSW, so the cast time it has in combination with a cooldown(!) rapes shamans hard. I get cc is supposed to get nerfed, but shamans were already at the bottom, yet get ass-plugged like the others.
    -Capacitor Totem: Need I really point it out? Aside from all the crap that being a totem brings, they fealt the need to add a huge ramp up time counter, and leave it at 5hp.
    -Totems in general have been a lost cause since the transition of wotlk =>cata, at least pvp-wise. Pve-wise since wotlk, as other's buffs pulled ahead because of homogenisation. Blizz failed to redesign totems after they made the jump to utility cooldowns. The advatages that totems had and justified all their drawbacks are long gone, and blizz decided to kick us while on the ground buy adding the silence nerf. GG, blizz, gg.
    -Mobility: Enh wasn't great there in the past, but wotlk mobility was MUCH better with Earthen Power, and GW having baseline snare represion.
    -Aoe: We got our first actual aoe mechanic at the end of wotlk, and it was horrible. They changed it to be even worse in cata, and it took them half-way through the x-pack to make it weak through ramp up, and useless against insta-stomping small fry when doing solo old content.
    -Bind Elemental: They made sure it wouldn't compare to banish
    -Ghost Wolf: It used to have an edge over travel form in that it at least provided more speed (and was avaiable earlier). Atm GW has not one advantage over TF that matters. Usable indoors hardly effects pvp.
    -The things shamans used to actually excel at: Purge, Windshear, original tremor and Grounding, original Windfury, now with Ascendence... blizz makes sure the things we are actually good at are being nerfed.

When designing shaman abilities, blizz suddenly gets very innovative in thinking up unreasonable restrictions and mechanics, which, this late in the game, feel nothing but deliberately evil.

Even now in WoD, we're left in the air wether or not we'll actually get FrS on seperate cd, lose LB on the move as ele, still have to deal with their old-fashioned notion that hard casting on the move as melee is a cool part of class-design (only for shamans though), will probably lose our pvp set bonus and have to glyph for it (with blizz knowing perfectly well we're slot starved already with ls/hs being mandatory allready...oh yeah, enh loses lots of self-heal (HTT removal, HST nerf, AG nerf, MSW being used more for damage because of perk)...oh and as mentioned above, hex being definite hardcast now for enh...

The improvement for pve dps execution is the only good thing atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

At this point, they should just strip everything but the very basics out of the class and start over from scratch. Overhaul the whole class from the ground up, because it seems pretty clear they can't get it right working with what's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    At this point, they should just strip everything but the very basics out of the class and start over from scratch. Overhaul the whole class from the ground up, because it seems pretty clear they can't get it right working with what's there.
    I agree. I think Shaman require a Warlock-level overhaul. Some of these mechanics have been in place since WotLK. Giving every spec Feral Spirit and revamping EQ would be a wonderful place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    All I want from projection is for the damn totem to be placed where the icon says it will be placed...not to the side of it :/

It's super annoying to use it and having to keep in mind what school of totem youre throwing so you know which angle it's gonna be off by
    Thank god another person noticed this.

Also would love to see Persistance and Projection go baseline and do something cooler with level 45 talent tree (Movement gogo! Maybe a choice between speed boost on Unleash, Separate CD on Frost Shock and something else)
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I just want them to fix totemic projection so my spirit link totem goes where I intend it to. Not 4 yards to the left, thus missing the tanks entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    I just want them to fix totemic projection so my spirit link totem goes where I intend it to. Not 4 yards to the left, thus missing the tanks entirely.
    It's based on the old dropping 4 totems things. Each totem will land on a specific spot relative to you. I'm pretty sure air is back left (whatever you can just check ingame) so whenever you project an air totem it will drop to the back left of the circle so make adjustments.

Overcompensating for broken mechanics yay!
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It's based on the old dropping 4 totems things. Each totem will land on a specific spot relative to you. I'm pretty sure air is back left (whatever you can just check ingame) so whenever you project an air totem it will drop to the back left of the circle so make adjustments.
    that's it. however since then they changed totems to be more situational so we don't need to project 4 totems away. so a trap launcher style skill would fit better nowadays because projection is used for stun, root or magma mostly and not to relocate myself.

I'm not disagreeing I was just explaining how it currently is working.
    Hi Sephurik

I'm not disagreeing I was just explaining how it currently is working.
    I know. it was more a comment with a reference to your post then an answer to yours.^^ should have split the first sentence from the rest...

I would like to see some blizzard dev comments about our complains. For MoP they gave us some dev comments for the changes I hope we get one for WoD as well.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-05-06 at 12:24 PM.

Overcompensating for broken mechanics yay!
    It's a feature, not a bug, it's an "interesting decision", not broken mechanics!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had major issues on heroic garrosh in the temple of the jade Serpent room, in terms of stunning the adds. 50% of the time I'll get no path available when I'm projecting onto a flat surface. At first I thought it could be a macro, but after having to separate bindings I have the same issue. From what I've read here I guess it's down too mobs/players or gradients/graphics like stairs.